[FIX] Unlocking Bootloader when HTCdev site is crashing/semi-down [SERVER OVERLOAD]
So basically I spent two hours checking trying to unlock my HTC One X's bootloader a few days back.
I mean seriously? Two hours to unlock my bootloader? That's utter bull****. HTCdev has the worst bootloader unlock servers ever, mostly because server keeps overloading.
I found several fixes if you have this error when you open the website on Google Chrome, but these aren't really fixes that fix the server, these are temporary bypasses if you want to get your bootloader unlocked immediately.
You would want to follow this if you constantly get these errors by using Google Chrome:
1. "The connection to htcdev.com was interrupted."
2. "This webpage is not available"
3. After logging in to the website, you select "All Other Supported Models" and press Begin Unlock, no popup window comes up asking you to verify ToS and verifying that you will void warranty.
4. *without logging into HTCdev* You click Begin Unlock and you get a popup to login, after login you get an error "This webpage is not available"
To bypass most of these problems, follow these steps before proceeding:
1. Login to the website and make sure you get to the page where you can see "Welcome XXXXXXXXX Logout Account" on top of the window.
2. *OPTIONAL TO TEST* Try selecting All Other Supported Models from the dropdown box and click Begin Bootloader Unlock, if this fails and does not show a popup after 2-3 minutes, refresh and do the same except click the button two more times. If this fails, proceed onwards to step 3.
3. Make sure you have Fastboot, HTC Sync and Java installed on your computer.
4. Put your phone in Fastboot mode, do this command in the fastboot cmd to get your code: fastboot oem get_identifier_token
Right Click > Mark > highlight the block of text > Right click to copy to the code
5. Make sure you are logged in, then proceed to this site: http://htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions
, when navigating through the pages, you get the above Chrome errors, just do one or two refreshes until you see something on your screen and not a Google Chrome error. Navigate to Step 10, http://htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3
6. Paste in the code and immediately click Submit, if you get a Google Chrome error, go back and Submit again. Repeat until you see the HTC success screen when you unlock your bootloader, telling you to check your email. If you get an error about your code, recopy your code and paste into the box.
7. Check your email, download the Unlock.bin into your Fastboot folder and open your Fastboot cmd prompt, run this command to unlock your phone: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
8. Follow on-screen instructions to unlock your bootloader.
9. Flash CWM recovery by Koush: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1594819
Use this command to flash the recovery onto your phone: fastboot flash recovery nameofrecovery.img
For example: fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-endeavoru.img.img
10. Smile, you unlocked your phone's bootloader
Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE - N7105
ASUS Nexus 7
Sony Xperia T
Samsung Galaxy S III LTE - I9305
Samsung Galaxy Note - N7000
HTC One X - S720e
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - I9250
Samsung Galaxy S II - I9100
Samsung Galaxy S II Metal Bumper Reviews
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Metal Bumper Reviews