FORUMS

Glimpse Notifications: Easier Lockscreen Notifications

Lollipop brought a revamp to the lockscreen, taking away custom widgets but … more

What Are the Best Looking Apps on Android?

As more developers are updating their apps with Material Design elements, we’re … more

Cyngn Explained: Who’s Cyanogen, What’s Cyanogen OS?

While Cyanogen, Inc has been the source of many headlines lately, there … more

Verizon Moto X 2014 Receives Root On Kitkat 4.4.4

The Verizon Moto X 2014 has finally received root, albeit only on Kitkat 4.4.4 … more
Thread Deleted Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[GUIDE] Rooting LG Optimus L3 E400

31st August 2012, 12:04 PM
OP Member
Flag Depok
Thanks Meter: 83

More

GUIDE FOR ROOTING YOUR LG OPTIMUS L3 E400

First download the USB driver in here

Extract and install the driver on your PC. then download this file

for Windows : LINK DELETED
for Linux : LINK DELETED

Extract that file on a folder. Connect your Phone to PC, select PC Software and turn on USB Debugging wait until your pc detect your phone. click file "run.bat" ( Windows ) or run "run.sh" via terminal ( Linux ). Wait until finish.

N.B : You can Use Superoneclick too!

Check on your phone app drawer. an app called superuser with a green skull logo. If there is you has success root your LG Optimus L3!

Thanks To :

1. Allah SWT
2. All People who see and share my Guide
Last edited by eagleeyetom; 7th March 2013 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Update
The Following 46 Users Say Thank You to Zeref_Dragneel For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd September 2012, 08:20 AM
Flag greater noida
Thanks Meter: 49

More
does it work 100%???
The Following User Says Thank You to -Eternox- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd September 2012, 11:17 PM
Flag athens
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eternox-

does it work 100%???

for E400 yes it work!
4th October 2012, 02:44 PM
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have tried this on both Ubuntu with the linux option and tried on Windows, neither works. I have followed the instructions all the way and it keeps saying permissions denied. Is there another way to do this?
5th October 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltiger

I have tried this on both Ubuntu with the linux option and tried on Windows, neither works. I have followed the instructions all the way and it keeps saying permissions denied. Is there another way to do this?

same here, though i suspect my issue is related to the fact that i have a lg-e400r with the V11e software. or maybe my carrier (Rogers) has made the file-system read-only.

this is what happens when i run the script in linux and windows:

Code:
[*][*] LG Optimus L3 E400 Root Tools (Windows version)[*] By Muhammad Naufal Hisyam (Zeref DragNeel)[*][*] Before continuing, Ensure USB debugging is enabled on your Device, That you[*] have the latest LG drivers installed, and That your Phone[*] is connected via USB.[*][*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .[*][*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *[*] Device found.
link failed Permission denied[*] Rebooting device...[*] Waiting for device to reboot...
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied[*] Rebooting device again...[*] Waiting for device to reboot...[*] Attemping persistence...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem[*] Cleaning up...
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/gpscfg/*, No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/: Operation not permitted[*] Rebooting...[*] Rooting Complete complete![*] Press any key to exit.
Press any key to continue . . .
8th October 2012, 01:38 PM
OP Member
Flag Depok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccomtruise

same here, though i suspect my issue is related to the fact that i have a lg-e400r with the V11e software. or maybe my carrier (Rogers) has made the file-system read-only.

this is what happens when i run the script in linux and windows:

Code:
[*][*] LG Optimus L3 E400 Root Tools (Windows version)[*] By Muhammad Naufal Hisyam (Zeref DragNeel)[*][*] Before continuing, Ensure USB debugging is enabled on your Device, That you[*] have the latest LG drivers installed, and That your Phone[*] is connected via USB.[*][*] Press enter to root your phone...
Press any key to continue . . .[*][*] Waiting for device...
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *[*] Device found.
link failed Permission denied[*] Rebooting device...[*] Waiting for device to reboot...
cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied[*] Rebooting device again...[*] Waiting for device to reboot...[*] Attemping persistence...
remount failed: Operation not permitted
failed to copy 'su' to '/system/bin/su': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
link failed Read-only file system
failed to copy 'busybox' to '/system/xbin/busybox': Read-only file system
Unable to chmod /system/xbin/busybox: No such file or directory
/system/xbin/busybox: not found
failed to copy 'Superuser.apk' to '/system/app/Superuser.apk': Read-only file sy
stem[*] Cleaning up...
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
rm failed for /data/gpscfg/*, No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /data/: Operation not permitted[*] Rebooting...[*] Rooting Complete complete![*] Press any key to exit.
Press any key to continue . . .

Reinstall the LG United Mobile Driver! hope it work!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zeref_Dragneel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2012, 01:43 PM
OP Member
Flag Depok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eternox-

does it work 100%???

90% WORK, If not work try reinstall the LG United Mobile Driver..
The Following User Says Thank You to Zeref_Dragneel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2012, 02:20 PM
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeref_Dragneel

Reinstall the LG United Mobile Driver! hope it work!

hi, just one question:

in case the rooting goes wrong, have you any way of returning back the phone to its original state? (for example, do you have the original firmware from rogers/fido?)
The Following User Says Thank You to dr.pythagora For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th October 2012, 02:59 PM
OP Member
Flag Depok

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.pythagora

hi, just one question:

in case the rooting goes wrong, have you any way of returning back the phone to its original state? (for example, do you have the original firmware from rogers/fido?)

Download the Original Firmware in here : http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=11

Flash it in KDZ

Or you can use Gingerbreak app for Unroot it
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zeref_Dragneel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,

I tried reinstalling the driver. Still getting the same "link failed Permission denied" error. Hopefully a solution is found for the E400R.

Thanks for your help!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ccomtruise For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how to, how to root lg e400, how to root lg optimus l3 e400, root lg l3, rooting lge e400