XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

6.7.242 ics

Tip us?

SamuriHL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 804
Default 6.7.242 ics

A new build has leaked. Same security as 235/238 so no ability to fxz to 905 if you install it. Confirmed that it's still rootable. I've added a support file to my house of Bionic for it but don't recommend installing it if you're 232 or lower. I'm hoping this means soak within 3 weeks. We shall see.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition

zoompastu
Old
Thanks Meter 39
GRRR... These new leaks come out and I can't enjoy them. Its like watching all the other kids get ice cream except me. Haha.. no pun intended. I hope the soak test has started cause I'm tired of waiting and sitting on .232. Oh well, still better then being on .905

SamuriHL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 804
It's wise to wait. And no, soak should be 2-3 weeks. We hope.....

dpw2atox
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I am just curious if there is any noticeable difference from any of the earlier builds in 242. Hopefully this will be the official OTA and we can start looking forward to Jelly Bean leaks.....

SamuriHL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 804
That literally made me LOL. I didn't have any issues myself with any of the 235/238 leaks but I do know of at least one bug in smart actions that they hopefully fixed. I haven't had a chance to test it myself. Supposedly the big reason this build was done was for flash but someone was reporting issues with that already. I just pray it's OTA so we can get a new FXZ.

dpw2atox
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Personally I am still on 232 and will be here till the official update hits. Overall it works very well but every now and then it slows to almost a grinding halt for a few seconds. I've also had other random bugs such as media audio failing to work and Chrome hanging when its first opened if I try to scroll down a site too early.

zoompastu
Old
Thanks Meter 39
I've had the media audio bug as well and it is quite annoying....

ronaldheld
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Would there not be some notice if a soak test had started?

SamuriHL
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 804
Yes. It won't start over Labor Day weekend. I'm hearing rumors that they may fast track this thing though and soak as early as next weekend. I have my doubts. I'm figuring 2-3 weeks out at the earliest. I'd be delighted to be proven wrong on that....in the positive not negative side of that equation.

dylanear
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just darn happy to see anything new trickle out. Has been darn quiet lately.

Any sign that a soak might be close is welcome!