5,598,463 Members 46,998 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

***[Guide]SD Card problems When you've flashed a rom? *** Now Obsolete!!!

Tip us?

[vertigo]
Old
(Last edited by [vertigo]; 2nd June 2013 at 01:16 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6440
Default ***[Guide]SD Card problems When you've flashed a rom? *** Now Obsolete!!!

Have you recently installed a new rom?
Have you lost your SDCard storage space?
Is your SDCard size now about 200kb?

Well fear not... The answers are out there... You've just got to search for them

But if you can't find the answer... Here is the solution

The reason your SDCard is showing the wrong size is that you've flashed a rom that is not meant for the hboot on your phone.

The solution is simple really, it can be done 1 of 3 ways

But before you start you need to know what hboot you're on. Get the phone into bootloader and it will show you what hboot you're on (If you don't know how to do this by now, give up and get an iPhone lol )

1. Download ESfile Explorer from Play Store and go to settings and then root settings and give it root privileges. Once thats done go to root of phone and go to /system/etc and find a file called vold.fstab and open it with a text editor and find this line

dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard 34 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.2/mmc_host

now for 1.25 hboot you will need to change where it says 34 to 33
and for 1.28 hboot you will need to change where it says 33 to 34

Save the file once done and reboot phone and voila you should have your sdcard back if you've done it right

2. Download the files I've attached for which hboot you are on and then make sure usb debugging is enabled in settings/developer options and plug your phone into computer. Then download the ADB & FASTBOOT zip attached and open zip and drag the folder onto your desktop, open the folder up and then open the zip for your hboot and drag the vold.fstab into the ADB & FASTBOOT folder. Double click on runme.bat and you should get a command prompt window pop up. With your phone connected you will need to type this

adb remount
then
adb push vold.fstab /system/etc
then
adb reboot

Once rebooted you should have your SDCard back

3. Probably the easiest way, just download the right hboot zip and get the vold.fstab from it and put it in the rom zip you flashed at /system/etc and flash it again... Or edit the one that is already there...

Told you it was Easy
Attached Files
File Type: zip vold-1.25 hboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (458 Bytes, 930 views)
File Type: zip vold-1.28 hboot.zip - [Click for QR Code] (458 Bytes, 1400 views)
File Type: zip ADB & FASTBOOT.zip - [Click for QR Code] (833.1 KB, 5836 views)
Current: LG G2 [d802] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Current: Sony Xperia Z Ultra [togari] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Remember I don't do this for Donations... Just a simple thanks will suffice
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to [vertigo] For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

marc0polo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Best guide evar!

It's actually pretty good.. I only wish it had been written sooner, as it would have saved me so much effort searching... Haha

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e

santafeng
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by [vertigo] View Post

Well fear not... The answers are out there... You've just got to search for them

The reason your SDCard is showing the wrong size is that you've flashed a rom that is not meant for the hboot on your phone.

But before you start you need to know what hboot you're on. Get the phone into bootloader and it will show you what hboot you're on (If you don't know how to do this by now, give up and get an iPhone lol )

1. Download ESfile Explorer from Play Store and go to settings and then root settings and give it root privileges. Once thats done go to root of phone and go to /system/etc and find a file called vold.fstab and open it with a text editor and find this line

Save the file once done and reboot phone and voila you should have your sdcard back if you've done it right

2. Download the files I've attached for which hboot you are on and then make sure usb debugging is enabled in settings/developer options and plug your phone into computer. Then download the ADB & FASTBOOT zip attached and open zip and drag the folder onto your desktop, open the folder up and then open the zip for your hboot and drag the vold.fstab into the ADB & FASTBOOT folder. Double click on runme.bat and you should get a command prompt window pop up. With your phone connected you will need to type this

adb remount
then
then
adb reboot

3. Probably the easiest way, just download the right hboot zip and get the vold.fstab from it and put it in the rom zip you flashed at /system/etc and flash it again... Or edit the one that is already there...

Told you it was Easy
Help.

adb remount
remount failed: Success
The Following User Says Thank You to santafeng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

[vertigo]
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 6440
Have you got USB debugging on in developer options on your phone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Current: LG G2 [d802] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Current: Sony Xperia Z Ultra [togari] Running: BeerGang v1.2 [4.4.2]
Remember I don't do this for Donations... Just a simple thanks will suffice

lexusis220d
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up THANX!!!

I just wanna say that posts like this one are making my life so much easier! I would have NEVER found this myself...

Guys like you are AWESOME!!!

su_pakfa
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusis220d View Post
I just wanna say that posts like this one are making my life so much easier! I would have NEVER found this myself...

Guys like you are AWESOME!!!

Am saying the same

PlasticTurd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by santafeng View Post
Help.

adb remount
remount failed: Success
hahaha wtf

but seriously, lots of thanks to OP, this guide has saved my ass several times.

anders3408
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 1180
You can also just put my SD card fix to your SD card and then you can flash it easy if something is wrong. Also don't edit cold.fstab. some wrong line and phone is bricked for good.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to anders3408 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chefmarc
Old
(Last edited by chefmarc; 22nd December 2012 at 07:44 AM.) Reason: mistake
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hboot version not one of the ones you listed

Quote:

adb remount
then
then
adb reboot

Told you it was Easy
Hi, my HBoot version is 1.27.111. I tried to experiment with some of the numbers you posted and my phone won't boot at all now (stuck in swirling cyanogenmod animation). Any recommendations?

---------- Post added at 08:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmarc View Post
Hi, my HBoot version is 1.27.111. I tried to experiment with some of the numbers you posted and my phone won't boot at all now (stuck in swirling cyanogenmod animation). Any recommendations?
Quote:
Originally Posted by anders3408 View Post
You can also just put my SD card fix to your SD card and then you can flash it easy if something is wrong. Also don't edit cold.fstab. some wrong line and phone is bricked for good.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
My phone appears to be bricked. any recommendations?

jeanpean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default sorry

Quote:

adb remount
then
then
adb reboot

Told you it was Easy
sorry man I tried
but it doen't work(