[GUIDE]noob-friendly how to install CWM AND ROOT in 5 INTL and USA
Welcome to my guide about the CWM.
Recently,with update to 2.3.6,samsung patched the methods to ROOT and install CWM.So here is a noob-friendly guide to saw how to install CWM and root a 2.3.6 device.
this work with:
- SGP 5.00 International
- for SGP 5.00 USA move down.
if anyone want to test it with KOR model PM me.
HOW TO ROOT AND INSTALL CWM
For this,we will use ODIN to flash the kernel and then the SuperOneClick to root.
- Close the tablet.
- Download every attached file.
- Start ODIN 1.7
- Press the PDA button and select the YP-G70-kernel-r14.tar IF INTL OR in US select DD_01142012.tar
- Plug in the USB cable to the PC and NOT the tablet.
- Press and hold the volume down button,and then press the power button until u get into downloading mode
- plug the cable in your tablet
- You will see a "Added" sign in down right box.Press Start.
- When ODIN finish,Your tablet will reboot.
- Goto settings>Device information. your kernel is now updated
- Now you may root your device.
- While your device is plugged to pc,start SOC (super one click)
- Press the "root" button
- Your device is now rooted!
The next thing you may do if you want,download a ROM,put it in the external SD card,go to CWM recovery and install from ZIP!!!
Tip:You can go to CWM recovery mode by pressing and holding volume Up button,and then pressing the power button.
Baladev for giving me the idea.
To me for writing this.
PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE "THANK YOU BUTTON