Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,777,659 Members 44,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

All things Apple Vs. Samsung

Tip us?

ccoop769
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just need a good spot to put post #3. But to stay on topic, I am not a fan of apple at all. Their simple non customizable small screened phones to the corporate office and apples lawyers. I will leave it at that for now

motohip
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
I heard Samsung is going to start working with Microsoft and distance itself from android. That's what I'm most bummed about.

belly1026
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohip View Post
I heard Samsung is going to start working with Microsoft and distance itself from android. That's what I'm most bummed about.
source?
If you think my post has helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button

Heatware Feedbacks

My Android evolution
Vibrant T-959 > Black Galaxy S2 T-989 > White Galaxy S2 T-989 > White 32GB Galaxy S3 T-999 > White 16GB Galaxy S3 T-999
http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/29215
64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC Class 10

ingenious247
Old
Thanks Meter 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohip View Post
That's just speculation/rumour at this point

However, they do plan to leave Android behind at some point, which is why they're working on Tizen. Read up on it

babymatteo
Old
Thanks Meter 720
I wonder when will be the day Apple makes the mistake of introducing their own Phablet or even the use of an S-pen like stylus.
Gold HTC One M8

motohip
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by belly1026 View Post
source?
Sorry, here is the link.

http://www.ijailbreak.com/iphone/sam...-iphone-5-lte/

yzf750
Old
Thanks Meter 26
heh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13682_1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1303481  

scriller
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo View Post
I wonder when will be the day Apple makes the mistake of introducing their own Phablet or even the use of an S-pen like stylus.
As far as I know Samsung doesn't own the tech inside their s-pen. They're licensing it from wacom as the s-pen is using wacom technology therefore Samsung can't sue over that. So if apple should come out with s-pen type stylus all they would have to do is license the tech from wacom just the same way Samsung did.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
###################
OS build: WINDOWS PHONE 7!!!!
Phone: Tmous HD7
Phone: SGS3

belly1026
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo View Post
http://asia.cnet.com/goophone-i5-man...s-62218590.htm
If you think my post has helped you in any way, please hit the thanks button

Heatware Feedbacks

My Android evolution
Vibrant T-959 > Black Galaxy S2 T-989 > White Galaxy S2 T-989 > White 32GB Galaxy S3 T-999 > White 16GB Galaxy S3 T-999
http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/29215
64GB Sandisk MicroSDXC Class 10

seksmeup
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247 View Post
That's just speculation/rumour at this point

However, they do plan to leave Android behind at some point, which is why they're working on Tizen. Read up on it
I highly doubt that they would leave Android completely as they would definitely lose a lot of their userbase. Tizen is very much in early stages and doesn't have much developer support and it's not even certain if current devs will port over their applications to Tizen. From what I've heard, Tizen's apps are written in HTML5, which could potentially lose a lot of devs that are not already familiar to web development (can't say much on this since I haven't tried developing in HTML5 before). The most important is still the amount of apps that Android already has. For Tizen to even compete against Android, they must have a lot of quality apps that can compete with the Android market. This isn't a small task by any means and I haven't seen anything extraordinary from Tizen that could possibly convince me that it is vastly superior to the Android OS.