All things Apple Vs. Samsung

OP KennyG123

4th September 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #11  
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 5

42 posts
More
Just need a good spot to put post #3. But to stay on topic, I am not a fan of apple at all. Their simple non customizable small screened phones to the corporate office and apples lawyers. I will leave it at that for now
4th September 2012, 09:39 AM   |  #12  
Flag Oxnard
Thanks Meter: 16

117 posts
Donate to Me
More
I heard Samsung is going to start working with Microsoft and distance itself from android. That's what I'm most bummed about.
4th September 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 50

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohip

I heard Samsung is going to start working with Microsoft and distance itself from android. That's what I'm most bummed about.

source?
4th September 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 569

1,559 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by motohip

That's just speculation/rumour at this point

However, they do plan to leave Android behind at some point, which is why they're working on Tizen. Read up on it
4th September 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #15  
Flag SoCal
Thanks Meter: 730

2,766 posts
More
I wonder when will be the day Apple makes the mistake of introducing their own Phablet or even the use of an S-pen like stylus.
5th September 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #16  
Flag Oxnard
Thanks Meter: 16

117 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by belly1026

source?

Sorry, here is the link.

http://www.ijailbreak.com/iphone/sam...-iphone-5-lte/
5th September 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #17  
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 26

191 posts
More
heh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	13682_1.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1303481  
5th September 2012, 12:50 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 44

423 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo

I wonder when will be the day Apple makes the mistake of introducing their own Phablet or even the use of an S-pen like stylus.

As far as I know Samsung doesn't own the tech inside their s-pen. They're licensing it from wacom as the s-pen is using wacom technology therefore Samsung can't sue over that. So if apple should come out with s-pen type stylus all they would have to do is license the tech from wacom just the same way Samsung did.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
5th September 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 50

223 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babymatteo

http://asia.cnet.com/goophone-i5-man...s-62218590.htm
6th September 2012, 12:50 AM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 51

185 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ingenious247

That's just speculation/rumour at this point

However, they do plan to leave Android behind at some point, which is why they're working on Tizen. Read up on it

I highly doubt that they would leave Android completely as they would definitely lose a lot of their userbase. Tizen is very much in early stages and doesn't have much developer support and it's not even certain if current devs will port over their applications to Tizen. From what I've heard, Tizen's apps are written in HTML5, which could potentially lose a lot of devs that are not already familiar to web development (can't say much on this since I haven't tried developing in HTML5 before). The most important is still the amount of apps that Android already has. For Tizen to even compete against Android, they must have a lot of quality apps that can compete with the Android market. This isn't a small task by any means and I haven't seen anything extraordinary from Tizen that could possibly convince me that it is vastly superior to the Android OS.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread