Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,660 Members 54,296 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

All things Apple Vs. Samsung

Tip us?

ingenious247
Old
Thanks Meter 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksmeup View Post
I highly doubt that they would leave Android completely as they would definitely lose a lot of their userbase. Tizen is very much in early stages and doesn't have much developer support and it's not even certain if current devs will port over their applications to Tizen. From what I've heard, Tizen's apps are written in HTML5, which could potentially lose a lot of devs that are not already familiar to web development (can't say much on this since I haven't tried developing in HTML5 before). The most important is still the amount of apps that Android already has. For Tizen to even compete against Android, they must have a lot of quality apps that can compete with the Android market. This isn't a small task by any means and I haven't seen anything extraordinary from Tizen that could possibly convince me that it is vastly superior to the Android OS.
From what I understand they plan on making the OS compatible with existing Android apps. I believe that's what I read

Sent from the current Heavy Weight Champ GALAXY SIII

dannyyyyy
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Samsung!!

kassem277
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123 View Post
I am sure everyone is tired of every other thread is another variation of this suit or some bit of news. All news, theories, arguments and complaints about it are to go here. I will be locking all the other threads on this subject.
Thank you for your cooperation
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Apple is crusty.

karmendc
Old
Thanks Meter 7
we're going to have so much more to talk about after the 12th!! eep!

seansc144
Old
(Last edited by seansc144; 11th September 2012 at 11:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127
Apple , apple, apple smhs:banghead::banghead::banghead:
anyone here feel for some fresh cidar? :beer:
Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

shehrammajid
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I expected ALOT more from apple than just a redesign....smh
If I helped out, please hit the thanks button!!

T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3!

karmendc
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shehrammajid View Post
I expected ALOT more from apple than just a redesign....smh
seriously. zzzzzzz....
all the more reason to love our SGIIIs

danjus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can you send MMS on iPhone 5? Did they fix that?

I remember years ago friend gave me iPhone to test it and I couldn't figure it out how to send multimedia message, he was laughing at me... "Dude, this phone cannot send MMS, it's fu**ing Apple, that's for kids". He was right, I never ever looked back. I never liked technology which makes people more stupid and ignorant (they would say easier to use). Easier my ass
I love XDA...and I use
----------------
LG G2
DROID DNA
HTC ONE X
NEXUS 7

rizoh66
Old
Thanks Meter 103
It is so obvious that Apple is now playing catch up its ridiculous. When Apple announced the original iPhone it truly was revolutionary. Itís success was due to a new fresh look at technology along with the outstanding poker face, salesmanship and charisma that Steve Jobs had. Apple was able to maintain their market domination because of him and because of the seamless operating system in which the phone operated on. Now that Jobs is no longer here, the iPhone is behind the times in this ever evolving technology savvy world we live in. The best in screen resolution on a smaller phone wont cut it for me. A sapphire lens does nothing for me. An extra row of stupid icons does nothing for meÖ. I want to personalize a device to my liking. I want information without having to open an app. I want to do what I want, not what someone tells me what I want. The lack of NFC, widgets, and innovation in the iPhone 5 is utterly disappointing. This is the world of today, and there are more people getting on that boat that there are off of it. Apple can boast all they want about having a faster processor, but until they put it to the true test of multitasking and something other than just icons on the homescreen, itís a moot point.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rizoh66 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Exel
Old
Thanks Meter 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by rizoh66 View Post
It is so obvious that Apple is now playing catch up its ridiculous. When Apple announced the original iPhone it truly was revolutionary. Itís success was due to a new fresh look at technology along with the outstanding poker face, salesmanship and charisma that Steve Jobs had. Apple was able to maintain their market domination because of him and because of the seamless operating system in which the phone operated on. Now that Jobs is no longer here, the iPhone is behind the times in this ever evolving technology savvy world we live in. The best in screen resolution on a smaller phone wont cut it for me. A sapphire lens does nothing for me. An extra row of stupid icons does nothing for meÖ. I want to personalize a device to my liking. I want information without having to open an app. I want to do what I want, not what someone tells me what I want. The lack of NFC, widgets, and innovation in the iPhone 5 is utterly disappointing. This is the world of today, and there are more people getting on that boat that there are off of it. Apple can boast all they want about having a faster processor, but until they put it to the true test of multitasking and something other than just icons on the homescreen, itís a moot point.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Sure, the design looks decent and nice, but the lack of features is a deal-breaker.
||Phone: Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead)
||Additional Memory: None
||ROM: Android 4.4 KitKat
||Kernel: Nexus 5 Faux Kernel

Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 16GB||
Additional Memory: None||
ROM: CM10.2 Nightlies||
Kernel: Stock Tweaked||

The Following User Says Thank You to Exel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]