How to tell if bootloader is unlocked on GSM Play

Search This thread

Tired_

Nov 30, 2011
I'm looking at buying an Xperia Play on ebay, and I'm trying to find out if the bootloader is unlocked. The seller says it is sim unlocked, but he doesn't speak good English and isn't understanding that I am asking about the bootloader. On my Nexus phone, there's a little padlock on the screen that shows what the unlock state is...does Xperia Play have something similar? Or is there a command I can ask the seller to run to tell me if it is unlocked or not? He just keeps telling me it will work with any GSM carrier.

wuby

Jul 1, 2012
Sim unlocked = Bootloader unlocked

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

WorkingFerus

Jul 4, 2012
Try *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) in the dial pad. This opens the service menu.

In the service menu go to "Service Info" and then "Configuration". In this menu you will be able to check if your bootloader is unlocked or not.

Reactions: Tired_

Bombasti

Feb 23, 2012
Try *#*#7378423#*#* (*#*#SERVICE#*#*) in the dial pad. This opens the service menu.

In the service menu go to "Service Info" and then "Configuration". In this menu you will be able to check if your bootloader is unlocked or not.

I think this will only tell you if the bootloader is unlockable or not.

You could use flashtool to check the status, it will say Bootloader unlocked, if it is.

EDIT: *#*#SERVICE#*#* works fine on stock roms.

Last edited:
Reactions: tracins and Tired_

Tired_

Nov 30, 2011
Thank you both for the replies, that was the answer I needed. If the bootloader isn't listed as unlockable, then it certainly won't be unlocked, and if it is listed as unlockable, I can do it through Sony easily and for free (if it hasn't been done already), so that was the perfect answer. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I think this will only tell you if the bootloader is unlockable or not.

You could use flashtool to check the status, it will say Bootloader unlocked, if it is.

EDIT: *#*#SERVICE#*#* works fine on stock roms.