[How To] Reset your phone in order to return to Verizon(Updated 12/11/2012)

13th January 2013, 01:30 PM   |  #141  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Hmm... glad I saw this guide. I was now going and flash it back to stock. I'm going to try this guide first
15th January 2013, 12:15 AM   |  #142  
Thanks Meter: 2

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezer23

Have any of you returned your phone for the IMEI issue? I reset mine finally, apparently the backup I had made in QPST had failed because it wasn't working. I'm now always in roaming, which is ridiculous. If you have returned it for that reason, what was your excuse?

Yes, I returned it due to losing IMEI because I did not know until too late how to backup IMEI. I just told them my phone suddenly lost the ability to make or receive calls. They sent me a replacement. I locked boot loader first then flash back to stock via Odin. However, I did not do a factory wipe because the stock version I used was full wipe. I probably made a mistake by not wiping. I'm hoping Verizon did not catch on. So far so good. No emails or texts stating I owe $.
15th January 2013, 04:40 PM   |  #143  
Flag erie
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
I rooted my phone and flashed a rom and next thing i know it will not go into recovery only odin mode, tried to flash a few things to get it back and nothing,,, PLEASE HELP ME. The screen says found software that verizon wireless doesnt recognize. ?????
16th January 2013, 12:06 AM   |  #144  

15 posts
Thanks for the guide
16th January 2013, 04:09 AM   |  #145  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Meter: 4,789

3,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkurtz78

I rooted my phone and flashed a rom and next thing i know it will not go into recovery only odin mode, tried to flash a few things to get it back and nothing,,, PLEASE HELP ME. The screen says found software that verizon wireless doesnt recognize. ?????

Flash a stock UNROOTED official rom. Then reroot your phone, then unlock your bootloader, then flash a recovery... THEN flash your rom. Follow those instructions to the letter and you should be fine. It sounds to me that you forgot to unlock your bootloader before flashing the rom, which will cause that. When you return your phone to stock use the ICS stock rom mentioned in the OP.

After I threw up in my mouth a little bit... I realized i don't have an iPhone
20th January 2013, 06:02 PM   |  #146  
Flag Mandan, ND
Thanks Meter: 1

51 posts
More
How do we keep our root and cm10.1 handing down my phone to my daughter and she wants to keep root and cm10.1?
28th January 2013, 04:37 AM   |  #147  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 94

193 posts
More
Re: [How To] Reset your phone in order to return to Verizon(Updated 12/11/2012)
What a great help. Thanks a ton.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
29th January 2013, 06:42 PM   |  #148  
Thanks Meter: 11

56 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eheinzeiii

What a great help. Thanks a ton.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Thank You!
1st February 2013, 05:22 PM   |  #149  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Just wanted to say thanks for this guide! I found it very helpful!!
18th February 2013, 03:42 AM   |  #150  
Flag Wabash

1 posts
More
worried
I have a black screen and rooted and unlocked bootloader. Must send my phone back to Verizon in 3 days. Have Certified replacement in hand and rooted. Is there anyway to force it back to stock without being able to see screen? Phone makes all the right sounds , has blue led flashing and white buttons come on when I touch the screen.but once powered up,,, the power button will not turn it off, have to pull battery to power off.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread