5,603,920 Members 40,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What carrier are you with? This will affect which carrier tweaks I focus on...
AT&T 2,352 65.13%
Rogers 228 6.31%
Telus 76 2.10%
Bell 35 0.97%
Telstra 209 5.79%
Vodafone 76 2.10%
O2 32 0.89%
Asia 164 4.54%
Other? 439 12.16%
Voters: 3611. You may not vote on this poll

[ROM][SEP 22] Team Venom ViperXL 4.2.0 | Sense 5 | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

Tip us?

thedailyl3af
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 24] Team Venom ViperXL 3.2.4 Jelly Bean | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzLeonDaCouch View Post
No, I'm on AT&T and flashed 2.41 and I get great signal/data/battery life

Sent from my Dirty RootBox Nexus 7
How did you flash it? Cause I just pressed install when I downloaded it and it booted me into twrp but did not do anything till I manually flashed it through add ons in twrp

Sent from my Venomized Elemental Evita

oranget
Old
Thanks Meter 216
Anyone else experiencing the fix permissions not working in venom tweaks? I press on it and the dialog box comes up, but it just sits there...at bottom where it does the permissions count it just shows 0/0...nan? Dunno if logcat would work on this, since it is not generating an error, but will create one if needed...Also i have cleared cache and dalvik....still doing it..even ran fix permissions in recovery, still no luck...thanks!
HTC One XL

ronnie498
Old
(Last edited by ronnie498; 24th February 2013 at 08:31 PM.)
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1785
Great work as usual!

BizzLeonDaCouch
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Default Re: [ROM][Feb 24] Team Venom ViperXL 3.2.4 Jelly Bean | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedailyl3af View Post
How did you flash it? Cause I just pressed install when I downloaded it and it booted me into twrp but did not do anything till I manually flashed it through add ons in twrp

I went to venom hub, downloaded and installed, it rebooted to twrp and installed itself, then booted back up

You sure you have s off?

Galaxy S4 Verizon - Hyperdrive RLS14! // KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP Official Google Edition

thedailyl3af
Old
Thanks Meter 221

Also battery is a little worse now. Just saying not a big deal to me but it seems faster though.

a box of kittens
Old
Thanks Meter 454
Quote:
Also battery is a little worse now. Just saying not a big deal to me but it seems faster though.

You can't really say battery till a couple days the update was just today... Two things it'll settle in again and you're probably playing with your phone more wait a couple days to say anything about battery even if it's an ota
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to a box of kittens For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dacra
Old
Thanks Meter 41
This is a stupid question, but I'm sure I completely got rid of the 3 dot menu button a while back?

Now it still shows regardless of not checking the onscreen menu option

What am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-02-24-19-22-43.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1757589  
S-OFF

thedailyl3af
Old
Thanks Meter 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by a box of kittens View Post
You can't really say battery till a couple days the update was just today... Two things it'll settle in again and you're probably playing with your phone more wait a couple days to say anything about battery even if it's an ota
Ohh okay I didn't know otas reset the battery the same as flashing a new Rom. Next time I'll know Ty.

BizzLeonDaCouch
Old
Thanks Meter 391

Quote:
Ohh okay I didn't know otas reset the battery the same as flashing a new Rom. Next time I'll know Ty.

They generally don't "reset" the battery the same as a fresh install, but booting into twrp, and booting the system drains battery quickly, even after you are fully booted. Once you start using your phone the same as before, you'll notice it will have normal drain...

I felt the same way whenever I flashed stuff when I first started, battery always seemed to drain quicker upon booting back up from modifying something in twrp... it's all good

Galaxy S4 Verizon - Hyperdrive RLS14! // KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP Official Google Edition

The Following User Says Thank You to BizzLeonDaCouch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thedailyl3af
Old
Thanks Meter 221

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzLeonDaCouch View Post
They generally don't "reset" the battery the same as a fresh install, but booting into twrp, and booting the system drains battery quickly, even after you are fully booted. Once you start using your phone the same as before, you'll notice it will have normal drain...

I felt the same way whenever I flashed stuff when I first started, battery always seemed to drain quicker upon booting back up from modifying something in twrp... it's all good

Yeah same thing happened with my inspire when I had it I would flash and the Rom would say 38% but when I booted into 4ext control it would jump back up to 50 or something. Kk now I know ty

Tags
hub, ota updates, sense, tweaks, venom