FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

 View Poll Results: What carrier are you with? This will affect which carrier tweaks I focus on...

AT&T
 
2,430 Vote(s)
64.61%
Rogers
 
236 Vote(s)
6.27%
Telus
 
79 Vote(s)
2.10%
Bell
 
35 Vote(s)
0.93%
Telstra
 
217 Vote(s)
5.77%
Vodafone
 
81 Vote(s)
2.15%
O2
 
35 Vote(s)
0.93%
Asia
 
181 Vote(s)
4.81%
Other?
 
467 Vote(s)
12.42%

[ROM][SEP 22] Team Venom ViperXL 4.2.0 | Sense 5 | Venom Tweaks | OTA Updates

4,794 posts
Thanks Meter: 20,466
 
By Turge, Recognized Developer on 3rd September 2012, 03:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd April 2013, 07:24 PM |#14321  
xxBrun0xx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Hartford, CT
Thanks Meter: 246
 
More
Sense obviously gets better battery life than aosp. Anyone know why that is? Just tried liquidsmooth and pacman and both have atrocious battery compared to this beast, but no one seems to know why. Will removing sense on a sense rom rom still give you nutty battery life?


Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
 
 
22nd April 2013, 07:31 PM |#14322  
Turge's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 20,466
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx

Sense obviously gets better battery life than aosp. Anyone know why that is? Just tried liquidsmooth and pacman and both have atrocious battery compared to this beast, but no one seems to know why. Will removing sense on a sense rom rom still give you nutty battery life?


Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Well, removing Sense isn't going to hurt your battery life, but if you're looking to fix the battery life on other roms, this is probably the worst place to look for answers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turge For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd April 2013, 07:47 PM |#14323  
Senior Member
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 10
 
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, the weather has vanished from the notifications area and I dunno how to get it back. I've seen it happen a few times before since the latest OTA and changing the setting for it in Venom Tweaks under Status bar by selecting hide then current location brought it back but it won't anymore
First I was dealing with the ring profile constantly changing by itself from Silent to Normal or vise-vera now the weather is missing from the notification area. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X
22nd April 2013, 07:57 PM |#14324  
thedailyl3af's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Moon ;)
Thanks Meter: 222
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbwoydes

Hey guys, the weather has vanished from the notifications area and I dunno how to get it back. I've seen it happen a few times before since the latest OTA and changing the setting for it in Venom Tweaks under Status bar by selecting hide then current location brought it back but it won't anymore
First I was dealing with the ring profile constantly changing by itself from Silent to Normal or vise-vera now the weather is missing from the notification area. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X

O_o oopps deleted.
Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2013, 08:47 PM |#14325  
Jess813's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
I'm on 3.2.7 and I cannot get GPS signal to lock, any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2013, 10:09 PM |#14326  
Genetic517's Avatar
Senior Member
Jupiter, FL
Thanks Meter: 247
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess813

I'm on 3.2.7 and I cannot get GPS signal to lock, any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

try flashing a different radio.
22nd April 2013, 10:11 PM |#14327  
Turge's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Hamilton
Thanks Meter: 20,466
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by badbwoydes

Hey guys, the weather has vanished from the notifications area and I dunno how to get it back. I've seen it happen a few times before since the latest OTA and changing the setting for it in Venom Tweaks under Status bar by selecting hide then current location brought it back but it won't anymore
First I was dealing with the ring profile constantly changing by itself from Silent to Normal or vise-vera now the weather is missing from the notification area. Any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X

Did you disable automatic weather updates? Try opening the Weather app see if it's updated. Your weather should now show up in the notification bar.
22nd April 2013, 10:12 PM |#14328  
Senior Member
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 114
 
More
Seems like I am getting LTE again... Must of been network related..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
22nd April 2013, 11:43 PM |#14329  
Jess813's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 142
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic517

try flashing a different radio.

Sorry for sounding dumb.... Can I choose any radio and if so can I simply flash in TWRP recovery?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
23rd April 2013, 12:11 AM |#14330  
JuanTheMower's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess813

Sorry for sounding dumb.... Can I choose any radio and if so can I simply flash in TWRP recovery?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yessir. Download the radio from the hub and flash in twrp. Test it out and if it doesn't work. Rinse and repeat.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to JuanTheMower For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd April 2013, 01:36 AM |#14331  
pablo11's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Down Under
Thanks Meter: 328
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess813

Sorry for sounding dumb.... Can I choose any radio and if so can I simply flash in TWRP recovery?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Depends which Hboot you have. I had 2.14 and had to downgrade to 1.09 because I could not flash radios. It would flash in recovery but no change in the OS.

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbm76

Seems like I am getting LTE again... Must of been network related..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Good to hear. No problems with your handset at least

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
hub, ota updates, sense, tweaks, venom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes