Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

[FAQ] LG Lucid 4G by Verizon

3rd September 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Welcome!
This forum is for any tips, questions, answers, precautions,bugs, etc. for the LG Lucid.
It's just that simple.
I will start it of with a couple questions...

Question: How to unlock Bootloader?
Answer:

Question: How do I get the LG Lucid to boot into recovery?

Answer:
1. Hold down the power key for 2 seconds
2. You will be presented with a list of phone options, select the one called "Restart"
3. A warning message will appear with two options, select "OK"
4. After the screen blacks out (about 15 secs after step 3) you will see the LG logo.
5. As soon as you see the LG logo hold down the Volume Down key and the Power key for 12 seconds, then release.
6. You will now be presented with a blue screen that has an Android Emote in the center and some text in the top left region of the screen
7. This is the boot recovery screen.
Last edited by SillDude; 3rd September 2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Found Partial Soultion
The Following User Says Thank You to SillDude For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2012, 07:06 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Battery Full
If you LG Lucid has 4.0.4 and got the OTA update you can use the attached file and it will root it for you.

How to root droid 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich on LG Lucid 4G:
Download and extract the attached file to your PC;
Update LG Lucid 4G via OTA
In the folder "lg-lucid-root!" run "RunMe.bat" and follow the steps.
Now your phone should be rooted. Enjoy!

I did not make this, Props to (Script by Bin4ry (thanks to Goroh_kun and tkymgr for the idea) )

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillDude

Welcome!
This forum is for any tips, questions, answers, precautions,bugs, etc. for the LG Lucid.
It's just that simple.
I will start it of with a couple questions...

Question: How to unlock Bootloader?
Answer:

Question: How do I get the LG Lucid to boot into recovery?

Answer:
1. Hold down the power key for 2 seconds
2. You will be presented with a list of phone options, select the one called "Restart"
3. A warning message will appear with two options, select "OK"
4. After the screen blacks out (about 15 secs after step 3) you will see the LG logo.
5. As soon as you see the LG logo hold down the Volume Down key and the Power key for 12 seconds, then release.
6. You will now be presented with a blue screen that has an Android Emote in the center and some text in the top left region of the screen
7. This is the boot recovery screen.

Attached Files
File Type: 7z Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15 (2).7z - [Click for QR Code] (1.94 MB, 2206 views)
Last edited by mavrick951; 25th October 2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Add attachment
9th November 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #3  
Flag UT

24 posts
More
Apps you can freeze on the Lucid
With the upgrade to ICS and a built in way to disable apps, I have been able to disable quite a few of the bloatware apps on my Lucid. I am pretty sure this list is complete, but let me know if you have different results.

Amazon Kindle 3.5.1.1
Analog Clock 3.2.0
Android Live Wallpapers 1.0.3
Apps 3.06.86
Calender Widget 3.1.0
Charging Wallpaper l3.0_a.001_005
Digital Clock 3.1.5
Email Widget 3.1.18
Face Unlock 4.0.4-338691
Favorite contacts widget 3.1.4
File Manager l3.0_b.003_1517
Finance 3.8.6
Fireflies 1.0.6
Google Play Books 2.4.3
Google Play Movies 1.4.11
Google Play Music 4.1.513
Google Search 1.4.1.338691
Google+ 2.5.0.329322
HTML Viewer 4.0.4
Lets Golf 2 1.1.2 (some how this disappeared with the update to ICS)
Magic Smoke Wallpapers 1.1.0
Music Player (Widget) 3.0.14
My Verizon Mobile 10.0.332
Netflix 2.0.2
NewBayService 1.3.32
News 3.8.7
Nightscape 1.1.9
Photo Album (Widget) 3.1.4
Photo Frame (widget) 3.1.4
Plants Vs. Zombies 2.0.7
Polaris Office 3.0.3256.0
Richnote Widget 3.2.12
Rising Tide 1.0.4
Setup Wizard 1.3 (the older one for GB will not let me disable it)
ShareGenie 1.1.7
SmartShare 2.5.0
Social+ 3.1.044
Sync Service 2.5.1.5.9
Today+ widget 3.4.40
Vcast Tones 4.1.17-5 (you have to uninstall the updates from Verizon Tones first)
Video Producer 1.8.9
Voice Recorder 2.0.023
VZ Navigator 8.0.1.149
Weather 3.0.38
World Clock 3.3.5
YouTube

Some of these you may have to uninstall the updates to be able to disable the apps. I have found that the leftovers from GingerBread (like the Dialer widget, Setup Wizard, Car and Desk Home) cannot be used nor uninstalled. I am going to use Titanium Backup to uninstall them and update this post with the details.
17th November 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #4  

1 posts
encryption fail...
I need help!! I first put my phone in debug mode. then i ran runme.bat file. then i pressed 1 for normal. then it finds the phone. goes through the steps. then asks me to click restore. then the phone comes up and asks for an encryption password. WHAT DO I PUT HERE? my phone isn't encrypted. I tried it both by putting in some random password and putting in nothing, mount failed. Program says succsesful. reboots phone. I have no root. i have ice cream sandwich 4.0.4. I followed maverick950 instructions. will someone please help me with this.
Last edited by chachi0127; 17th November 2012 at 05:42 AM.
17th November 2012, 09:19 PM   |  #5  
Flag UT

24 posts
More
Is your USB connection set to Ethernet/Modem? I think it might be set to mass storage, at least that is what the mounting notice leads me to believe.

Sent from my NookColor using xda app-developers app
17th November 2012, 10:42 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake0928

Is your USB connection set to Ethernet/Modem? I think it might be set to mass storage, at least that is what the mounting notice leads me to believe.

Hi solidsnake. Thanks for your reply. I am the previous poster's mother and have been trying to help him root his Lucid. He has tried setting the USB connection to both Modem and Ethernet. They both yielded the same results.

Any other ideas?
25th November 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #7  
Flag UT

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellanjie

Hi solidsnake. Thanks for your reply. I am the previous poster's mother and have been trying to help him root his Lucid. He has tried setting the USB connection to both Modem and Ethernet. They both yielded the same results.

Any other ideas?

I am not sure, I did not see it when I upgraded my phone. Is the usb connection set to "ask each time" or something like that?

Last edited by solidsnake0928; 25th November 2012 at 01:24 AM.
27th November 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #8  
Flag UT

24 posts
More
OK I found the issue, when you run the bat file, you need to select 2 for special mode. Apparently normal mode is only for specific phones.

10th December 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 94

631 posts
Locked bootloader
so i see we lucid users have a locked bootloader... this makes me sad panda!!... so question! has any of the devs or anyone had any luck unlocking the ics bootloader on the lucid? i would looooooove to have cwm and flash custom roms.
14th December 2012, 06:05 AM   |  #10  
Flag UT

24 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruleford

so i see we lucid users have a locked bootloader... this makes me sad panda!!... so question! has any of the devs or anyone had any luck unlocking the ics bootloader on the lucid? i would looooooove to have cwm and flash custom roms.

I don't think the device is popular enough for the regular devs to take an interest in it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Questions and Answers by ThreadRank