[MOD] Windy Weather Live Wallpaper w/ No Watermark
I liked the Windy Weather live wallpaper that came with the GSIII, but I didn't like the ever so noticeable watermark that is on it. I've also seen requests for versions without the watermark so, I took it out back and beat it senseless until it was gone. See the screenshots below for a preview. (I will add more screenshots later)
READ BEFORE INSTALLING
- I recommend making a back-up of the original WeatherWall.apk at /system/app BEFORE installing this.
- This only removes the AccuWeather watermark. The name of your current city will still be visible.
- This live wallpaper was pulled from a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III. Although it should, I have not tested if this will work on other versions of the Galaxy S III. I don't think it will work on other phones (because of screen size issues), but it may!
- You must have root in order to install this.
- Install at YOUR OWN risk. While highly unlikely, I take no responsibility if this damages your phone in any way.
1. Download the WeatherWall.apk provided and put it on your SD card
2. Open up your favorite file manager application on your phone that has system read and write capability. I prefer Root Explorer
3. Navigate to wherever you placed the downloaded .apk and move it to "system/app" overwriting the unmodified "WeatherWall.apk"
4. Restart your phone and enjoy!
1. Download the WindyWeather-NoWM.zip provided and put it on your SD card
2. Re/boot to recovery and flash the .zip file
3. Restart your phone and enjoy!