Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,898 Members 48,674 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Windy Weather Live Wallpaper w/ No Watermark

Tip us?

Waffle265
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincerity View Post
i have a verizon S3....if I try to install it fails...
Hmmm... Also make sure when you're overwriting the old one that it sticks. You can do this by looking at the date last modified in your file manager. If it says anything but the current date and time then it did not overwrite it. If that's the case make sure your file manager has SU and root privileges and it is mounted in read and write mode. Once I get a flash working this should be much easier, but it does nothing but fail in TWRP when I try to flash the one I have put together.

sincerity
Old
Thanks Meter 12
ok thanks for working on it....but see thats the prob...there wasn't one there originally. maybe the rom i am on had it removed...but either way it should show up after moving it to that folder under live wallpapers right?

Waffle265
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
The key is to make sure that WeatherWall.apk is your /system/app directory. Normally you should be overwriting an old .apk. Like you said though maybe you're rom doesn't use it so may not work. As far as I know it 100% works with Touchwiz on ICS. Someone said it did work with an AOSP based rom, but I'm not sure if this was ICS or JB.

sincerity
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle265 View Post
The key is to make sure that WeatherWall.apk is your /system/app directory. Normally you should be overwriting an old .apk. Like you said though maybe you're rom doesn't use it so may not work. As far as I know it 100% works with Touchwiz on ICS. Someone said it did work with an AOSP based rom, but I'm not sure if this was ICS or JB.
okay, yea im running AOKP JB and it's def in that file so maybe an issue with JB...

Waffle265
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Updated first post with flashable version and screenshots!

Old MuckenMire
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle265 View Post
Updated first post with flashable version and screenshots!
Thanks man worked fantastic on synergy with Darkhorse theme! Your hard work is appreciated!!

suzook
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Possible for a version with no wm at all?

Waffle265
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Possible for a version with no wm at all?
Unfortunately, I believe that the city name watermark is coded into the live wallpaper, so unless I had the non compiled version I can't do anything to remove it.

tennisjunkie
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I am a lil apprehensive having to ask someone this bc it is a lil embarrassing but I went to system/app and was going to backup the windy weather app but it isn't in there....?? Help? Thank u

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

freshjr
Old
Thanks Meter 24
This is sick. It worked flawlessly on my Tmobile S3.

Would removing the city watermark also be possible?