OP lukesjeans

4th September 2012, 12:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port ColbOrne
Thanks Meter: 108

684 posts
More
Hey,

I got an update notification this morning on Rogers. It is 86mb. I dont know what is new since i didnt install. Can I install over top of Clockwork recovery? If not how do I put stock recovery back on (Prefer not having to wipe data).

Thanks,

-Luke
4th September 2012, 12:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 2

11 posts
More
Also received one on Telus gonna unroot first, apply and get back as soon as I can

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app
4th September 2012, 12:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port ColbOrne

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordayum

Also received one on Telus gonna unroot first, apply and get back as soon as I can

Do you have cwm? Can I just flash the root without screwing up the flash counter again ?

4th September 2012, 12:44 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I received one on Telus this morning as well. I didn't download b/c I'm not on wifi, but I'm curious as to what it is.
4th September 2012, 12:48 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Port ColbOrne

684 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAreEhD

I received one on Telus this morning as well. I didn't download b/c I'm not on wifi, but I'm curious as to what it is.

I assume its the brightness in notifications.

4th September 2012, 12:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mississauga
Thanks Meter: 32

162 posts
More
I downloaded the update but could not install it since I don't have the stock recovery. It tries to boot into the stock recovery but because I have TWRP installed it booted into that. I'll try a Kies update later to see if that works.
4th September 2012, 12:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 112

285 posts
More
I got my notice and automatic download for mine as well on the Bell network. Samsung Canada along with the main carriers have put out the new I747MVLALH1 Firmware. Our OTA updates are smaller and will very by carrier because they only contain the files that need to be updated rather then the whole firmware itself.

This is very good news for all us Canadian 747 users because the LH1 Modem along with the firmware changes include a great deal of proformance/bug fixes, our launch firmware with our phones was kinda the ****s to say the least so this new one should really help out.

As for keeping root. I am using SuperSU root paid for the Pro version which has a Root keeper funtion in it when you update via OTA. However the update does require the stock recovery so if you have flashed CWM recovery you will need to flash the stock one back first then apply the update.

Just finishing my phone backup atm to my computer then will try the OTA Root Keeper and see how well it works out for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to dbzgod For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #8  
Flag Chesley
Thanks Meter: 84

408 posts
More
Any chance someone could post the modem I747MVLALH1?
4th September 2012, 01:10 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 89

737 posts
More
I'm still home and downloading as we speak. I will cancel before the installation and if its still not posted online by the time I get to work, I will upload it somewhere.

BTW, the Rogers update is the same size. I have a feeling this update will include the removal of Universal search.

4th September 2012, 01:13 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
More
Did the update this morning on bell it was 100mb... I notice the brightness slider but haven't seen anything else yet...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread