{GOOD NEWS | FOR CM7 DEVELOPERS, COME HERE} Force Broadcom to Release The Driver

OP arbylaw

4th September 2012, 11:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 240

71 posts
For Moderator, please do not delete this thread. This for all of us.

GOOD NEWS !!

I got a message from Nick Lambourne

FOR THE DEVELOPERS, I'VE BEEN STARTED A SPECIAL THREAD ABOUT OPEN DIALOGUE WITH BROADCOM. NOT HERE BUT IN MADTEAM FORUM. SQUADZONE MUST BE THERE.
AND THIS IS ONLY FOR THE DEVELOPERS !!
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THIS PROBLEM ACTUALLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS THERE !!
LET THE DEVELOPERS DO IT FOR US.

Here is the link : http://madteam.co/forum/general-77/%...with-broadcom/
================================================== ================================================== =========
UPDATE SEPT 14th :
My email have been replied by Charles last night (Charles is Sr Product Line Manager at Broadcom). This is the screenshot :

He says :
"Arby
I’m still confused since the BCM2763 is not in this Samsung device. Your information is not accurate, please advise where you got this information.
I am still reviewing with my colleagues regarding driver release.
Regards,

Charles"

SO WHAT ??
I send him this screenshot to make him sure that our device is Using Broadcom Videocore IV or BCM2763.
I take this screenshot using Quadrant Standard, Antutu Benchmark, System Info, and NenaMark

I'll do my best. Lets pray together..
================================================== ================================================== ===

UPDATE : My Conversation with Customer Support Broadcom

Quote:

To: <csp_help@broadcom.com>
Subject: Driver BCM2763 for Samsung Galaxy Young
"Dear Broadcom,
I am a representative of the users of Samsung Galaxy Young from XDA. We want our device can be developed, but we are constrained by the driver from Broadcom.
Can you release drivers for Samsung Galaxy Young?
Bcm21553 CPU and GPU bcm2763

We hope Broadcom could release the drivers soon.
Please do not ignore this email. Give us the answer.
Thank you"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to William, me, csp_help
"Hi Bill,
Could you help to find someone to help Arby from ‘Samsung Galaxy Y XDA Forum’ with his request on BCM2763
Thanks Ferde"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to Charles, Ferde, me, csp_help
"Charles,
Please advise Arby.
Thanks,

Bill"

to William, Ferde, csp_help, Charles
"Sorry before.
I am a representative of the users of Samsung Galaxy Young from XDA. We want to develope our Samsung Galaxy Young GT-S5360 to AfterMarket ROM.
As we know that GT-S5360 used chipset Broadcom bcm21553 wich has GPU bcm2763. The developers are hardly to develope this device caused of graphic problems on Aftermarket ROM.
So that we ask for Broadcom to release GPU Driver BCM2763 for us to develope it.
We have sent feedback to Broadcom but still got no respon
I know you are nice and smart guy. Help us, Please
We are like beggars who beg via Facebook, Twitter, Sending petition and Feedback just hope Broadcom release the drivers. In fact, we also contacted samsung to talk to Broadcom, but no results, how ironic :'(
Please guys, we just want to grow
Thank you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to csp_help-pf, csphelp, David, James, Naga, Ritesh, Shengjun, Wai-Yin, Wei, me, William, Ferde
"Hi Arby
There is misalignments in your communication. Why do you say the BCM21553 has BCM2763 GPU Driver?
I will review this request with my colleague but it is unlikely this is something we will release.
Thanks,
Charles"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
to Charles, me, William, csp_help, William
"Charles – thanks for your update
Hi Arby,
Charles is helping you with your request, please contact Charles for further assistance.
At this time we will proceed to resolve the ticket.
Please let us know if there is anything else we may assist you with, by contacting the CSP Help Team at email]csp_help@broadcom.com[/email] we will be happy to open a new case.
Thanks Ferde"

Charles Macfarlane charles.macfarlane@broadcom.com
to me
"Hi
I'm out of office with very limited email, returning Thurs 13th Sept. Call or text my mobile if urgent.
Regards,
Charles"

The most important thing is THE PETITION. Please submit the petition as much as you can. Because, if until Sept 13 there is no confirmation from Broadcom, We will DECLARE THE PETITION to 4 Broadcom Principals in 4 different country.
Because with submitting the petition, percentage of success could be 85%.

================================================== ================================================== =======

Yesterday we just got message from Yanuar Harry (Squadzone) that he want to giving back the SGY that we have given to him, because Broadcom won't release the Driver. So, CM7 will never be on SGY.

Support us to force Broadcom to release the Driver for our device. Because w/o driver, we will not see CM7 and other Aftermarket Rom in our device.

How?

1. By submitting the petition here http://www.change.org/petitions/broa..._term=27816658. Just fill out your name, email, and a bit of comments.

2. Follow our twitter @Forum_Gyoung and make a twitt to @Broadcom wit hashtag #prayforBroadcom

3. You can send feedback to Broadcom http://www.broadcom.com/contact/feedback.php

4. Ask Samsung for help to talk to Broadcom to immediately release the driver http://www.samsung.com/id/info/contactus.html

If our force in cyberspace has not been responding by the Broadcom until October 6, 2012, then we will act immediately from the REAL WORLD!
GATHERING JABODETABEK #4 will Perform Demonstration demanding release of Broadcom drivers. Forces of the real world will be shared via Youtube, Facebook, Twitter and other Social Media. And I hope all Galyoungers in XDA will do the same thing. It’s for all of us.

C’mon Galyoungers, we must go on.
For problems like this, I will be in the front line

EDIT :
take a look at this thread :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1821297

Share and give 5 star rating to this thread in order to stay in the first page

Sorry for my bad english.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120913-190845.png
Views:	6515
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	1325247   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120914-070731.png
Views:	7963
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1325248   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120914-094105.png
Views:	6950
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1325249   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120914-094354.png
Views:	6163
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	1325250   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120914-094426.png
Views:	5595
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1325251  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120914-102646.png
Views:	4995
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	1325252  
Last edited by arbylaw; 16th September 2012 at 07:08 AM.
The Following 124 Users Say Thank You to arbylaw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 11:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 233

328 posts
More
Thumbs up
COME ON,

DO IT FOR A GOOD FUTURE FOR YOUR GALAXY YOUNG!!!!!

:g ood:
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ddikodroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 36

356 posts
Go on

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to shoutokuyaki For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 11:53 AM   |  #4  
Flag INDONESIA
Thanks Meter: 471

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
Nice Thread , i want my Gayung to CYANMOBILE
The Following User Says Thank You to YudhiezChitilieaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #5  
Flag Sidoarjo
Thanks Meter: 22

20 posts
More
Go go go Galaxy Young!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alfiyan.sys For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 12:02 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Bekasi
Thanks Meter: 240

71 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddikodroid

COME ON,

DO IT FOR A GOOD FUTURE FOR YOUR GALAXY YOUNG!!!!!

:g ood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutokuyaki

Go on

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda app-developers app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitilieaz

Nice Thread , i want my Gayung to CYANMOBILE

thank you, we need more galyoungers.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arbylaw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 12:06 PM   |  #7  
Flag INDONESIA
Thanks Meter: 471

283 posts
Donate to Me
More
people bule nya blm comment
The Following User Says Thank You to YudhiezChitilieaz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 12:13 PM   |  #8  
Flag NO TIME TO TELL WHERE AM I NOW
Thanks Meter: 149

979 posts
More
SENDING MESSAGE bro
The Following User Says Thank You to Shane For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 12:35 PM   |  #9  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 2

27 posts
More
Yeah ! Not Just Indonesian Galaxy Young User,Every GT-S5360 User,in India,Philipines,Malaysia,Europe. Must Help ! We just want keep develop this device.

Nice Post Arby Law ! Not Just Indonesian Gayoungers,All Gayoungers must do something. Not just protest like "hey where our CM7.2" We're Always Support Developer !

Developer Also Human,Who Need help. Not Mr.OneManShow ! So,Let's help for our better future.

Fyuh,sorry for my bad English

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RudzKagawa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2012, 12:36 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 333

1,088 posts
More
Did my part!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread