soo i found ckpv5's guide to root htc one v more complex and difficult for a newcomer to android ..( it did to me ) soo i am writng another one in my way as i being a noob wld understand
So guysu just got a new HTC One V which is running on the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich version and so if you want you can root it using the following Step-By-Step Article. Rooting allows you to expand the functionality of your phone and lets you do more things on your phone than before. like custom roms ,kernel ( which increases performance and battery both..),or u could just do it to install your wanted or fav root app from the play store
You Must Know:
* *As long as your phone is rooted will warranty will be void.
* *Proceed at your own risk and ensure you backup your device before hand so that anything happen you won't have a new paperweight. Because i dont take any responsibility for any loss of data or if u brick ur device..
You're Going To Need:
* *A HTC One V
* *USB Cable (Same one that came with the phone)
* *Make sure your HTC One V have at least 50% of battery life.
* *Windows PC, Mac OS, or Linux (only need one)
* *You are going need your HTC One Vís bootloader unlocked. (You can do that with the link below You're Going To Need: (Read Article Before Downloading)
* *Superboot Image
* *HTC One V bootloader unlockedStep-By-Step Instructions:
Step 1: Unzip files from the Superboot rar file and put them on your Desktop for easy access. :P
Step 2: Turn OFF your HTC One V.
Step 3: Boot up your HTC One V into the bootloader mode. To do that, press and hold Volume DOWN key --> then press the Power Key.
Step 4: When you have entered the bootloader mode, connect your HTC One V to your PC using the USB cable. (Same one that came with it)
Step 5: select all other supported models (complete bootloader unlocking from the site listed above
once done come back here again
soo now i hope ur done with bootloader unlock process ..proceed below
A) Windows Only: If you are using a Windows PC, run the install-superboot-windows.bat file by double-clicking on it.
B) Mac OS Only: If you are running Mac OS, then open a Terminal Window at the place where you have put extracted files, it should be Desktop. Type the following commands in the Terminal:
chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh
C) Linux Only: If you are having Linux as your OS, then open a Terminal where the extracted files exist and type in the following commands:
chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh
Step 6: It will take a few seconds to root youe HTC One V. When itís done, disconnect your phone from the Windows, Mac, or Linux.
And That's All, you now have a rooted HTC One V.
special thanks to paulobrien for the superboot image