My wife, changed her old Nokia for a Galaxy wonder and missed her "meeting" profile. So I wrote her this small app. I hope you'll find this app useful. It's been tested on my Galaxy S3 and my wife's Galaxy Wonder. Any suggestions and remarks are most welcome.
- When in silent or vibration mode, if the phone rings a single beep is played (like the "meeting" profile in the old Nokia phone)
- Replace the default beep with a ringtone from the phone's ringtone list.
- Control the ringtone volume.
- Display different notification icons when in normal or silent modes.
- Automatically set silent mode according to the calendar, with possibility to ignore all day/private/free/tentative events and selecting calendars.
- Automatically set silent mode when facing up/down. It seems that in order for this feature to work while the screen is off a partial wakelock must be taken - this might lead to higher battery drain (the wakelock can be disabled in the advanced settings section).
- Automatically restore ringer after a timeout.
- Play ringtone for selected notifications (both customizable).
- Play a sound effect when the device is automatically set to silent mode (downloaded from freesfx).
- A widget to turn on/off the service and switch between normal and silent modes, including:
- Simple toggle widget.
- Analog clock widget that shows the next calendar events.
- Timer widget that sets silent mode to a predetermined period of time.
Future features I may (or may not include):
- Filter calendar events according to keyword.
- Mute device a few minutes (configurable) before an event.
- Filter events according to contacts (Thanks Magissia).
- Allow selecting different ringtones for notifications according to contact (thanks Variable.Unknown)
- Profile buttons on the notification for easy profile change (not sure if this could be done for android < 3).
- Just a thought - flash the flash led for incoming call.
- Check homepage for new version and present a notification if a new version was found.
- None at the moment...
Older versions can be found in the attachments of the following posts:
Video Review (v0.4):
Osas Obaiza from WonderHowTo have made a nice review of the app including the following youtube clip:
- Sound effects where taken from FreeSFX