[DEV][SEMI-OFFICIAL][BETA-2.3] CyanogenMod 10
This is the development thread of CyanogenMod 10 (based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean) for the Samsung Galaxy R.
For general discussion and Q&A
: head to this
What doesn't work:
- Mobile network (2G/3G switch and network selection as well)
- Data connection
- Data usage statistics
- Video player
- Accelerometer, orientation, magnetic field, light, proximity, battery temperature sensors, gyroscope
- BLN feature (you need either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
- Auto brightness needs manual workaround (See later.)
- USB mass storage, MTP, PTP
- USB On-The-Go
- Camera (single and panorama pictures)
- Video recording without sound (480p SD videos work perfectly, HD ones lag)
- Full HW acceleration with Nvidia and Samsung codecs.
- CRT-off animation
- Wireless tethering
Get Google apps here: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20121011-signed.zip
- FM radio
- Stock sound recorder app (use an external, like MIUI Sound Recorder instead)
- HD video recording lags
- Moving apps to SD card
- USB tethering
- Maybe bluetooth A2DP (I couldn't test)
- Maybe bluetooth tethering (I couldn't test)
- Flash CM.
- Optionally flash Google apps.
- Do 'Wipe data/factory reset' in recovery.
- Reboot & enjoy.
- Auto brightness:
Originally Posted by nsmart
According to what I read and experienced autobrightness in CM10 is not yet working properly. I have to enable light sensor filter, otherwise the brightness will only increase not decrease. It seems that using direct light sensor values is partly broken.
With the following setup, autobrightness works on my device:
- enable light sensor filter
- Set 'reset threshold' to something different than 'none'.
- enable 'Allow light decrease'
- don't modify the number of light leves (reset to default, if you changed the amount of light leves).
Semi-official work can be followed at TeamHacksung's GitHub repo (https://github.com/teamhacksung
Screenshots can be found at this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post31124743
and later in the thread.
It has a safe kernel (emmc erase cap disabled), I patched the vibration, microphone, CRT-off animation, Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), added BLN, Wi-Fi MAC address changing and Voodoo Sound plus I added some tweaks, fixes and improvements.
- 06 August 2012: Pre-Pre-Alpha build (unreleased) with 2.6.36 kernel and GB drivers at this post
- 04 September 2012: Initial Pre-Alpha release with 3.1.10 kernel and ICS drivers
- 14 October 2012: Alpha release with a lot of fixes (including mobile network, sound and media scanning)
- 20 October 2012: Experimental Alpha-2 release with initial mobile data and sensors fix
- 20 October 2012: Liblights fixed
- 21 October 2012: New kernel with a lot of features
- 22 October 2012: Alpha-2 release with mobile data fix, more sensors working, liblights with BLN and new kernel included
- 23 October 2012: UMS fixed
- 24 October 2012: New build with UMS fix
- 10 November 2012: Beta release with camera (single and panorama pictures), HW acceleration, CRT-Off animation fix
- 11 November 2012: Sound patch for notification sounds
- 14 November 2012: Beta-2 release with Bluetooth, sensors, USB OTG, wireless tethering, battery history fix
- 23 November 2012: Initial microphone, video camera and FM radio fix, red border fix included
- 26 November 2012: Microphone and data usage stats fix
- 27 November 2012: Beta-2.1 release with manual network selection and mobile data uncheck at boot fixed, microphone and data usage stats fix included, preliminary Wi-Fi Direct and TVOut support added
- 14 December 2012: Wi-Fi Direct fix
- 16 December 2012: Video recording with sound fixed
- 23 December 2012: MTP and PTP fix
- 25 December 2012: Beta-2.3 release with previous fixes included, noise suppression implemented. Built with semi-official TeamHacksung repos.
- 29 December 2012: FM radio fixed (not included in the build)
Every custom modification to devices have risks. Flash this at your own risk!
Have fun and enjoy!