Here is my One Click Root and UnRoot solution for ALL HTC Devices.
Note that the Insecure Boot.img method is for all devices but requires S-OFF and your Insecure Boot.img MUST have 'ro.secure' set to '0' and not use a patched adbd binary.
The Universal Exploit should work for all devices as long as you are running a FULL Stock ROM including recovery.
The Universal Exploit WILL however fail if it has been patched by HTC on the Stock ROM you are using.
Root Using Insecure 'Boot.img' (S-OFF Only) or Universal Exploit. (S-ON / S-OFF)
Option to Flash 'HBOOT' Image after Rooting, even if your device is 'S-ON'!
Verify MD5 Checksum of 'HBOOT' Image after backing up and after flashing.
Unroot Device by Patching 'adbd' binary as Insecure.
Root Tools to Clear Battery Stats and Dalvik Cache.
Reboot device to any mode after Rooting.
Execute Reboot commands independantly.
Thorough Error Checking and Stable ADB Framework implementation.
Includes BusyBox v1.20.2 and SuperSU v0.96
Note: Make sure you Enable USB Debugging and Disable 'Fastboot' under Power in Settings before using HTC Quick Root.
Whats New in v1.1.13:
1. Added: Error detection in the Universal Exploit Method will now report an Error if the Exploit has been patched on the installed firmware.
2. Changed: Independent Reboot Options now support Fastboot aswell as ADB.
3. Fixed: A few other minor bugs and made a few alterations to the code in general.
Whats New in v1.1.12:
1. Fixed: A bug in Device Detection that caused Null Reference Exceptions in some situations.
2. Changed: Made some cosmetic changes in the 'Wait For Device' Dialog.
3. Fixed: The Power Pack 10.0 Error will no longer occur. Dependancy has now been removed.
4. Improved: Error handling changes have now been made.
5. Added: HTC Quick Root will now perform a clean up after 'Failed!' Errors as long as the device is still connected with ADB.
6. Fixed: A few other minor bugs.
GOOD JOB,but...Do U Know HTC Primo_U can't restore hboot.img ? i have try to restore it. dd if notice me success.but hboot is original....
HTC HD2 ☞ HTC Desire HD ☞ HTC Incredible S ☞ Apple IP4 ☞ Nokia 1110 ☞ HTC EVO 3D GSM ☞HTC One S
☞Apple iPhone 5 ☞HTC One ☞HTC J ONE ☞HTC One MINI ☞HTC T6-TL ☞ HTC CP5_U☞HTC One[GOOGLE]☞LG Nexus 5☞Apple iPhone 5S☞LGL22
Skill and confidence are an unconquered army. MY Blog : WwW.hTcDeV.cN
Maybe add logcat funktion too. Aren't there different files needed for every device for this to work?
Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda app-developers app
Not unless you want to root via insecure boot image then in that case its device specific. Also HBOOT is also device specific but the Universal Exploit will work on any device that hasn't had the vulnerability patched.
A couple of days ago, we talked about how the Android 4.4.2 upgrade for the HTC … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?