[ROM][WIP][10/21/12] MIUIAndroid 2.9.14 with Jellybean [Alpha4]
MIUI Android with JellyBean
This is something that's been a thorn in the side of these ROMS for a while. Sorry for the delay, but I didn't want to keep releasing small fixes until I dealt with this major issue. If you don't know what I'm talking about, count your blessings. If you DO, the fix allows you to switch from 4g to 3g and back, the phone will now pick the network correctly, you can enter Mobile Network Settings without losing data, you can edit things in Mobile Network Settings effectively. Phone info is fixed as well so you can also dial *#*#4636#*#* to edit your preferred network as well.
Welcome to unofficial MIUI Android port for Verizon's SGS3.
- CM10 20120914 base
- MIUI Android 2.9.14 port
- CM10 stock kernel: available here
By altering your phone as described in this thread, you have the potential to brick your device, void your warrenty, and other undesirable things. I, nor anyone else, am not responsible for what with your phone. Back everything up, including comprehensive IMEI/NV backup...it's already saved me
If you're completely new to rooting and installing ROMS, check out this
How to install:
1. Make sure you are rooted and your bootloader is unlocked
2. Backup everything you possible can
3. Reboot into recovery, make a nandroid, and wipe Data/Cache/Dalvik
4. Flash ROM
5. Reboot and enjoy
- SMS/MMS (works for me even after reboot)
- Play Store
- Camera/Camcorder (just re-fixed)
- Google Now/Search
- and more!
- Notification sounds (e.g ringtone, notification sounds, camera sounds, etc) don't play unless you manually change volume. Adjust the volume with the rocker until you hear a beep.
Then you should be good.
- NFC (fix is in the works)
- Facebook (MIUI-wide issue)
- Torch causes soft-reboot
- also probably more...
- Fixed the RIL/telephony/phone incompatibility stuff
- removed the Xiaomi welcome/login
- rebased to CM10 09142012 and updated to MIUI Android 2.9.14
- SD card fixed so internal and external are both available at the same time
- LED notification fix
- added 4-way reboot
- fixed an NFC related FC, though NFC is still...not ideal
- enabled soft-key backlights
- I THINK I eliminated Gapps FCs
- overall data is much more stable (though see the above note!)
- fixed camera (works after multiple reboots for me now)
- fixed Google Search/Now so there's no need to flash Gapps anymore
- Initial port
- Screen flicker fixed
- HW keyboard fixed
- As above
- Cyanogenmod team
- Lens_flare and all the other MIUI devs
- MIUI Android
- chairface, R4INS, lithium76, sasovics
IF YOU WANT TO HELP WITH THIS ROM, DON'T HESITATE TO DO SO