Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Help Hard Brick QHSUSB_DLOAD mode

OP whiteice2424

6th September 2012, 02:13 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Help hard brick!!! All I can get it to do is when plug into computer: it wants to install a QHSUSB_DLOAD mode driver.
Last edited by whiteice2424; 6th September 2012 at 02:37 AM.
6th September 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #2  
fr8cture's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 110
 
793 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteice2424

Help hard brick!!! All I can get it to do is when plug into comeputer: it wants to install a QHSUSB_DLOAD mode driver.

Sigh, please use that search bar on the top right of the website....
8th September 2012, 09:50 AM   |  #3  
david7598's Avatar
Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 11
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Sorry to say I did this to my first s3 by accident. Nothing u can do unless u can get it into download mode. Which the only way you can do that with a hard brick is by using a jig. Google galaxy s3 jig. U can buy one cheap or watch a YouTube video on how to make one for around $2. But other than that ur only option is to turn it into the phone insurance or maybe Verizon will jtag it for u. U can Google jtag as well. That's all the help I have for u. Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S3
8th September 2012, 10:12 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by david7598

Sorry to say I did this to my first s3 by accident. Nothing u can do unless u can get it into download mode. Which the only way you can do that with a hard brick is by using a jig. Google galaxy s3 jig. U can buy one cheap or watch a YouTube video on how to make one for around $2. But other than that ur only option is to turn it into the phone insurance or maybe Verizon will jtag it for u. U can Google jtag as well. That's all the help I have for u. Good luck!!!!!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S3

You're a paperweight, no jig will help you. Take to vzw and play stupid or ship it back to samsung, they'll fix it under warrenty. If you're modest and are willing to pay to get it fixed i reccomend http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/ --best brick repair around. Flash carefully in the future
8th September 2012, 10:37 AM   |  #5  
david7598's Avatar
Member
Flag Saint Louis
Thanks Meter: 11
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by billard412

You're a paperweight, no jig will help you. Take to vzw and play stupid or ship it back to samsung, they'll fix it under warrenty. If you're modest and are willing to pay to get it fixed i reccomend http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/ --best brick repair around. Flash carefully in the future

I never said a jig would work. I Personally just returned mine for a new one at best buy. I just saw online about people using a jig to force it into download mode. I was just throwing out ideas. No need to be rude. And I also mentioned jtag.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S3
8th September 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by david7598

I never said a jig would work. I Personally just returned mine for a new one at best buy. I just saw online about people using a jig to force it into download mode. I was just throwing out ideas. No need to be rude. And I also mentioned jtag.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Galaxy S3

Dont see how I was being rude. I was just trying to stop him from spending 2 days making a jig for nothing. And u told him to "google it". if the op knew how to use Google, he probably wouldn't be here asking a question that's been answered 1000 times already. So I provided a link. And u mentioned verizon jtaging it. They dont do that. Not to mention,even if they did, a tad stupid to have them do it if u ask me.
9th September 2012, 04:50 AM   |  #7  
mustbepbs's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 297
 
844 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteice2424

Help hard brick!!! All I can get it to do is when plug into computer: it wants to install a QHSUSB_DLOAD mode driver.

Let me guess... flashed an international ROM? If you can't get into download mode then send it to mobile tech videos for jtag service. Please don't take it back to Verizon. You're only solidifying their decision to lock bootloaders by not owning up to your own mistakes.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mustbepbs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th September 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #8  
gf7z's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 4
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I also highly recommend mobile tech for fixing hard bricks. Only $60 and they had fast turnaround. Handy for when you've stupidly (speaking from personal experience here) flashed something you shouldn't have.
22nd May 2013, 06:01 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
What all do you have to send to them? Do they need your usb cord?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
22nd May 2013, 08:00 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 14
 
102 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteice2424

Help hard brick!!! All I can get it to do is when plug into computer: it wants to install a QHSUSB_DLOAD mode driver.

check my video.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes