View Poll Results: was this tutorial helpful
YES 73 82.02%
NOT BAD 6 6.74%
NO 10 11.24%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[TUTURIAL] BIGINNERS GUIDE TO EXTRACT FTF FILES[ics]

6th September 2012, 10:36 AM   |  #1  
roninnbaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 186
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Complete method to extract system files from ftf files of xperia devices for ics
(For gb u can use nero young method which is simple, but for ics u will get system files from ftf by this method (for windows)u will not get extracted folder by nero young method )

Quote:

whom is this tutorial for?

Quote:

For those who need exact system files from FTF of SONY XPERIA smart phone

Quote:


TOOLS NEEDED

Flash tool for xperia devices (use flash tool version v 0.9.0.0 get it from here:http://androxyde.github.com/)

unyaffs tool (get it from here : http://www.mediafire.com/?h631v46n8v6efe3 )


Quote:


METHOD :

step 1:

Open the ftf file using winrar




step 2:

Extract which ever file u need (in this case i need system folder so i extracted system.sin )




step 3:

Open flash tool and click advanced option and then click sin editor




step 4:

Go to system.sin file from where u had extracted and open file




step 5:

Click dump data option



Wait for it to finish the process




step 6:

After finishing the process u will get two files in the folder where u r having original system.sin (one will be system.partinfo and other will be system.yaffs2 ) so tht u get yaffs2 file continue with the next step





Quote:


step 7:

Download unyaffs tool from the link provided first and extract unyaffs.exe and cygin1.dll to c drive of ur system by making a folder named "unyaffs"




Quote:


step 8:

Go to the folder where u get system.yaffs2 ( the file we get though the flash tool process) and copy the file




step 9:

Paste it to the unyaffs folder in "c"





step 10:

While u are in unyaffs folder press shift + right mouse button then only u will get "open command window here option", click that.... Other wise u can go to this folder using usual command method




step 11:

U will get command window inside unyaffs folder





step 12:

U should type inside the command window "unyaffs.exe system.yaffs2" (app name)(space)(name of the file u need to extract, if u need to extract kernel use tht file name here) and then press enter





step 13:

Wait for some time " until u see end of image " and u can see the extracted folders appearing in the unyaffs folder



through this method u can get any .sin file inside ur ftf

thankyou for reading my tutorial

DONT FORGET TO PRESS THANKS IF I HAD HELPED U

Last edited by roninnbaby; 16th September 2012 at 04:04 PM.
The Following 99 Users Say Thank You to roninnbaby For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2012, 01:57 AM   |  #2  
Un.Knowen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 82
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Super Thanks Bro
This tutorial is Very Helpful and Should Be Pinned
Copying files from phone to PC was Killing Me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Un.Knowen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Okay, i have a serious question

First of all, yes i have read in TONS of articles, blogs, and many forums about the problem i have, and it could be useful for everyone if we get sorted out.

See, my phone has locked bootloader. even if i unlock it with s1tool, it wont enter fastboot mode (because fastboot mode is disabled, and no one knows how to enable it apart from paying someone with stool or omnius. and YES, I DID THE PROCEDURE PRESSING THE CORRECT BUTTON AND EVERYTHING, IT'S NOT ABOUT ME NOT KNOWING HOW TO FASTBOOT). so, even if i unlock my bootloader, i cannot flash kernels because i can't enter fastboot mode.

BUT!

My phone is rooted, which means I can flash roms and practically anything that's not a kernel through recovery mode (x-parts) in zip files, right? So, here's my question:

What if I extract the contents of the kernel IMG file, and then make a flashable zip file out of it? Would it work to flash my kernel? I would have tried it before asking, believe me, but I do not know how to extract a IMG kernel file

Thanks in advance
Last edited by juhn777; 16th September 2012 at 08:12 PM.
16th September 2012, 05:36 AM   |  #4  
Un.Knowen's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Damascus
Thanks Meter: 82
 
190 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhn777

What if I extract the contents of the kernel IMG file, and then make a flashable zip file out of it? Would it work to flash my kernel? I would have tried it before asking, believe me, but I do not know how to extract a IMG kernel file

Thanks in advance

Whether it works or not ,IDK ,You should Ask some Dev whom works with Kernels ,I guess there's a reason why in sony devices we Always use .img files instead of .zip when it comes to kernels
Anyway
to Extract IMG Files You can try The following programs (Windows)
Alcohol 120% , UltraISO , Nero
you don't have to buy anything ,you can work it out with trial
The Following User Says Thank You to Un.Knowen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #5  
roninnbaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 186
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhn777

Okay, i have a serious question

First of all, yi have read in TONS of articles, blogs, and many forums about the problem i have, and it could be useful for everyone if we get sorted out.

See, my phone has locked bootloader. even if i unlock it with s1tool, it wont enter fastboot mode (because fastboot mode is disabled, and no one knows how to enable it apart from paying someone with stool or omnius. and YES, I DID THE PROCEDURE PRESSING THE CORRECT BUTTON AND EVERYTHING, IT'S NOT ABOUT ME NOT KNOWING HOW TO FASTBOOT). so, even if i unlock my bootloader, i cannot flash kernels because i can't enter fastboot mode.

BUT!

My phone is rooted, which means I can flash roms and practically anything that's not a kernel through recovery mode (x-parts) in zip files, right? So, here's my question:

What if I extract the contents of the kernel IMG file, and then make a flashable zip file out of it? Would it work to flash my kernel? I would have tried it before asking, believe me, but I do not know how to extract a IMG kernel file

Thanks in advance

hey bro check whtr ur bootloader is unlocked with the unofficial bootloader unlocking SE tool..
16th September 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninnbaby

hey bro check whtr ur bootloader is unlocked with the unofficial bootloader unlocking SE tool..

man, i did verify if my bootloader was unlocked through both s1tool and flashtool, both tell me i have unlocked bootloader (give me a code like r384u28 instead of R384u28) so yes I HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, but can't enter fastboot anyway for ****s sake

i would pay for it to be unlocked, really, but i live in Chile and no one knows **** about anything around here. if anyone could do it for me, i could make a bank transfer or something since i don't (and can't) have a business card or something like that (because of the ****ty laws around here, requiring people to win lots of money before getting a credit card or stuff like that).

anyone knows what can i do? ):
16th September 2012, 09:17 PM   |  #7  
svprm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Salem-TamilNadu
Thanks Meter: 374
 
1,280 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
Donate to Me
More
Thanks man.
Working like charm!.
17th September 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #8  
roninnbaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 186
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhn777

man, i did verify if my bootloader was unlocked through both s1tool and flashtool, both tell me i have unlocked bootloader (give me a code like r384u28 instead of R384u28) so yes I HAVE UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, but can't enter fastboot anyway for ****s sake

i would pay for it to be unlocked, really, but i live in Chile and no one knows **** about anything around here. if anyone could do it for me, i could make a bank transfer or something since i don't (and can't) have a business card or something like that (because of the ****ty laws around here, requiring people to win lots of money before getting a credit card or stuff like that).

anyone knows what can i do? ):

ho did u tried to enter to fast boot???
17th September 2012, 06:28 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 36
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by roninnbaby

ho did u tried to enter to fast boot???

i stated in a previous post that i did the correct procedure to enter fastboot, so again, here's what i do/did:

-before everything, i installed busybox, correct fastboot drivers, correct phone drivers, proper adb drivers, etc
-flashed some roms with both flashtool and cwm, so my cable is not the problem, neither is my cellphone hardware since i can flash stuff
-many, many times, and in many, many different ways i turned off my phone, pressed the menu key and without letting go the menu key i connected the usb cable (also tried vol up, vol down, home key, etc)
-never heard any "connected hardware" sound from windows
-never got the blue light for more than 2 sec, then it started charging the phone instead, with green light

so yes, I DO KNOW THE PROCEDURE, really, i'm not that noob you know, been trying this for months actually

that's the problem, because i've tried everything and nothing seems to work, so looks like i gotta pay someone with wotan server, se tool 2, omnius or something like that, but here in chile there is NO ONE, and i really mean NO ONE who knows even what those programs do

and here i come to you my dear friends... thanks to all who try to help me
17th September 2012, 04:31 PM   |  #10  
roninnbaby's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag calicut
Thanks Meter: 186
 
147 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by juhn777

i stated in a previous post that i did the correct procedure to enter fastboot, so again, here's what i do/did:

-before everything, i installed busybox, correct fastboot drivers, correct phone drivers, proper adb drivers, etc
-flashed some roms with both flashtool and cwm, so my cable is not the problem, neither is my cellphone hardware since i can flash stuff
-many, many times, and in many, many different ways i turned off my phone, pressed the menu key and without letting go the menu key i connected the usb cable (also tried vol up, vol down, home key, etc)
-never heard any "connected hardware" sound from windows
-never got the blue light for more than 2 sec, then it started charging the phone instead, with green light

so yes, I DO KNOW THE PROCEDURE, really, i'm not that noob you know, been trying this for months actually

that's the problem, because i've tried everything and nothing seems to work, so looks like i gotta pay someone with wotan server, se tool 2, omnius or something like that, but here in chile there is NO ONE, and i really mean NO ONE who knows even what those programs do

and here i come to you my dear friends... thanks to all who try to help me


hey dont be angry...i try to help u only ... so be patient... otherwise none in this forum will help u... because no one is having responsiblity to serve u ,,,... ok...
actually the problem is with ur bootloader...i think so ...we cant give u a complete help until u give correct answers for wht they ask...trial and error method is only one possible in this field...u try to unlock the bootloader via official tool once more and check whtr ur both "r" is in small letters...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android by ThreadRank