Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] make a substantial THREAD, POST, QUESTION and POLL

Tip us?

saywhatt
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1490

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by It_ler View Post
Just as a small addition:

If neither the question nor the answer can be found, then you have to find the proper place for posting your question.
Is there a forum for your device, then go to that forum.
Is there a dedicated Question & Answer (Q&A) sub forum, then go there.
Is there a thread for asking / even for new users, with many posts and the last post is from today, then go there and post your question there.
Or is your question/issue related to a special app, the post into the apps thread, is it related to a kernel, find the kernel (discussion) thread, or is it ROM related, then use the ROM thread.
This step is very important, as you have to find a place where your post will be seen by some experienced users which know the answer.

Then check the contents of your post itself.
Please think about the xda rules (no offence, no personal attack, English, etc.).
Describe as much as possible, what might be useful for others to think about the possible cause of your issue and a good solution to fix it or to give your the right answer.
What device/model, what app(s), what firmware version (ROM, kernel, modem, etc.), what was before, what is now, what have you done, what has happened in between, etc.
Maybe not all those information is really needed to solve the issue or give your the answer, but are you sure that it is not relevant?
If you are not sure, then provide this info.
Be polite, stay as "objective" as possible ... most of the time, emotions are not needed to solve the issue
Maybe you say something like "I would appreciate any kind of suggestion, even if it does not help to solve the issue for me.", or "Thanks in advance.".
It's a kind of motivation for other users to be confident to answer your post, even if they are not absolutely sure that it really can solve your issue.
Hi! Thanks for your addition! i added it in the post already.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to saywhatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sixonefour
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Yet another good guide for the noobs. Thanks, great information.

saywhatt
Old
Thanks Meter 1490

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixonefour View Post
Yet another good guide for the noobs. Thanks, great information.
Hi! Thank you ooh, you're a new member.. i hope this will guide you through XDA, also have you read the forum rules here http://forum.xda-developers.com/announcement.php?a=81?

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to saywhatt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wie2
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Very useful for noobs like myself

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2585
You should ask one of the mods to subscribe, since I can pretty much see a lot of 10 posters using this thread...
It could do with a cleanup, along with spam deletion of the others...

- Via xda premium

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4738
Needs to be a senior mod for this forum.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!

a.cid
Old
Recognized Contributor / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mf2112 View Post
Needs to be a senior mod for this forum.
And an admin to reset the post count...

- Via xda premium

saywhatt
Old
(Last edited by saywhatt; 14th September 2012 at 03:34 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1490

DONATE TO ME
great idea.. gonna ask some of them to subscribe

edit: do you guys think that it's better if i get this thread closed so noobs will not post here just for the sake of getting post counts? and anyone with suggestions/additions should just PM me right away

It_ler
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14624
Quote:
Originally Posted by saywhatt View Post
great idea.. gonna ask some of them to subscribe

edit: do you guys think that it's better if i get this thread closed so noobs will not post here just for the sake of getting post counts? and anyone with suggestions/additions should just PM me right away
Closing this thread will not prevent the new users, who post nonsens just to reach the 10-post-limit, from spamming around.
They will find other threads to save their posts.
Many new users really think about what they are posting and do a very good job not to create post with no real content.
But the few new users who do, can not be stopped by closing this thread.
Only thing we can do, is to report such "spam".
Don't close your thread ... just my 2 cents.
Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANE2 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch recovery
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.

Tags
how to, how to make a poll, how to make a post, how to make a question, how to make a thread, posting guide, thread guide
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe