(STEP BY STEP GUIDE) How to get Jellybean on Galaxy S3 I747M (Bell/Rogers/Telus/ATT)
Ive decided to post a new thread as members wanted a Step by Step to get Jellybean's latest leak working on their 747M devices. So here goes.
This is meant to be flashed over a Samsung based rom (NOT AOSP or CM10). I can't confirm whether it will work on other rooms. Please revert to a touchwiz rom before you attempt this. Also, dont forget, this is a leaked rom, so there might be bugs. I will try to compile them at the beginning of this thread for all of us to see. I have now been using this ROM for 3 days without any MAJOR issues. Small bugs do exist here and there.
Step by Step Guide: This has been confirmed to be working for ATT variants as well, but the standard disclaimer applies and any flashing or mods done to your phone are your responsibility. This guide would not be possible without the repacked OTA package from Radeon_X. Thanks a lot to him for this.
1. Download the LALH1 firmware for Bell/telus
2. Download Odin 3.07 here: http://d-h.st/hSj
. Kick your phone into download mode (turn off --> volume down, home and power). Connect to USB and then start ODIN.
3. Leave all the checks as is. Click on PDA, unzip the Firmware file you downloaded above and choose the md5 file.
4. Click Start and let the phone complete the process.
5. Once the phone reboots, put it in download mode once again, and flash Clockwork Mod Recovery found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1346812021
6. Boot up the phone once that is done, and transfer the OTA compiled by Radeon_X (which now also includes Root) to your phone, boot into recovery and install the ota and voila, you have Jellybean: https://hotfile.com/dl/170842913/3b6...proot.zip.html
7. ATT users can flash a native modem, however, some users have reported to use LH1 without problems. Look in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898
* yes, it is a little laggy, but the touchwiz launcher is SOOOO zippy. It Flies
* everything so far seems to be fine, no error messages
* lock screen allows 5 shortcuts
* wifi tether works
* root works using the package here: http://download.chainfire.eu/212/Sup...etrieve_file=1
* the lock screen has a grey hue to it, can someone else please confirm this for me?
* long pressing the power button brings up a new menu, see attached screenshots
* the status bar is not edge to edge, it is centered and the last few pixels on the left AND the right, and not used. --- not sure what this is
* dormant mode is relabelled to be "Blocking Mode"
* settings>wireless> has a better looking setup
* pressing and holding icons in touchwiz now gives the menu to delete/app info at the top instead of the bottom
* the notification bar has minute little detailed changes, ie. the clear button is smaller etc.
* a lot more widgets - sizes and new widgets both
* MOST IMPORTANT - YES GOOGLE NOW WORKS PERFECTLY SO FAR
* New multitasking menu
*the screenshot "SHARE" button is initially blocked and you must scroll up with two fingers and expand it again to show it sometimes
*music player crashes when you hit the shuffle button at the top of the list
*playing audio through bluetooth seems to be wonky and doesnt work very frequently.
*grey status bar
*uncentered status bar icons
for recompiling the OTA and providing root access as well.
- for the Original Firmware Files