Need Help Please!!!!

Search This thread

animeware

May 23, 2012
I'm on 100% Stock Rom this is my 2nd note Device ATT Version I717

This version is never been rooted before. I do want to root my device

I'm still under Warrinity is there any way to put any rom without increase the Counter #

How do I void the Counter #

Is there a special Odin Software that will not increase Counter #

Can someone point me to the right direction I looked all over XDA Forums I didn't find a thing how to void counter increase.

I would like to keep it at 0 at all times....

Thanks....

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Your counter will increase, but there are methods and tools that will fix that taking it back. If you are worried about your Warranty, then rooting or flashing should not be done, but here the link for the GNote Super Page with all the tools needed and or required.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1740367

I'm still under Warrinity is there any way to put any rom without increase the Counter #

Can someone point me to the right direction I looked all over XDA Forums I didn't find a thing how to void counter increase.

Thanks....

Reactions: animeware

animeware

May 23, 2012
Your counter will increase, but there are methods and tools that will fix that taking it back. If you are worried about your Warranty, then rooting or flashing should not be done, but here the link for the GNote Super Page with all the tools needed and or required.

I see

I want to make sure i'm doing it correctly

I want to flash "ParanoidAndroid CM10Hybrid by JamieD81 http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26857828&postcount=2
Version 2.10 I717

If I was going to flash this rom how would I go about Root the Device step by step guide without increasing my flash counter?

Also which Root method do I need to do and best for flashing rom? So sorry sound like a Noob!!!!

Can you provide me detail steps guide I did try the ATT Flash Counter Reset in Custom Recovery on my 1st note it did not reset my counter back to default it said I had 6 and every time I tried to use ATT Flash Counter Reset.zip file on my ATT Device it increase my flash counter I though it post to put it back to 0.

I want to prevent this from ever increase the counter?

I need some tools and guide which forums do I go to?

How do you reset the counter I heard you can reset the counter by going into Custom Firmware Recovery Mode and delete cache x3 times and after you delete everything in recovery mode then go into Samsung Kies software hit Restore to Factory Setting does this method fix everything?

HERE THE VIDEO CAN I DO THIS WITH ATT DEVICE WITHOUT JIG...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kve8l_dJUks

Thanks

Last edited:

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Flashing a ROM in cwm will not increase the counter. When you flash something in Odin it will. That counter reset zip is supposed to be flashed in a custom recovery(cwm, twrp). You only need a custom recovery to flash a ROM, not root. You flash cwm through Odin. That will increase your counter by one. You can then flash the reset zip in recovery to get it back to zero. Then you can flash all the ROMs you want through recovery without increasing the counter.

Gubment Cheeze

Last edited:

animeware

May 23, 2012
Flashing a ROM in cwm will not increase the counter. When you flash something in Odin it will. That counter reset zip is supposed to be flashed in a custom recovery(cwm, twrp). Sounds like you used Odin to flash this? Careful before you brick. Just some friendly advise. You only need a custom recovery to flash a ROM, not root. You flash cwm through Odin. That will increase your counter by one. You can then flash the reset zip in recovery to get it back to zero. Then you can flash all the ROMs you want through recovery without increasing the counter.

Gubment Cheeze

Oh I see I get it

Flashing a Rom in CWM will not increase the counter this is very good info to know indeed.

Is there a video or a guide to do this method with the ATT I717 Galaxy Note I'm currently on the official ICS Rom 4.0.4 hope this is helpful....

Thank you so much Team XDA :) all of your support so sorry to sound like Noob!!!! i just geeting confuzed by Custom Recovery and Root method is because I used to flash all my Roms though Odin I can see why it was cause the increase # of counter this makes prefect since.

PS: This is my first android device

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Oh I see I get it

Flashing a Rom in CWM will not increase the counter this is very good info to know indeed.

Is there a video or a guide to do this method with the ATT I717 Galaxy Note I'm currently on the official ICS Rom 4.0.4 hope this is helpful....

Thank you so much Team XDA :) all of your support so sorry to sound like Noob!!!! i just geeting confuzed by Custom Recovery and Root method is because I used to flash all my Roms though Odin I can see why it was cause the increase # of counter this makes prefect since.

If this is your first android device, let me be the first to say...WELCOME TO THE XDA NOTE FORUMS !!!......g

animeware

May 23, 2012
If this is your first android device, let me be the first to say...WELCOME TO THE XDA NOTE FORUMS !!!......g

Well I had other Android Device but didn't keep them over 2 weeks like Tablets this was like 1 year ago....

I do love my Galaxy Note runs like butter to me it's on Stock Rom I really like to try this new rom out looks neat a tablet method Cool :)

If any of you can please provide me link to download the latest CWM I'm just confuzed which one to download there is so many CWM in Development page which one should I download?

Thanks....

Froid

Apr 5, 2012
somewhere
Yes, welcome and you definitely have a lot of reading to do. I would make sure you know everything in and out before jumping in head first. There's ton of info here and I know it can get confusing. On my way out, but I'm sure one of the guys Here will be happy to point you in the right direction. Good luck!!

Gubment Cheeze

animeware

May 23, 2012
Yes, welcome and you definitely have a lot of reading to do. I would make sure you know everything in and out before jumping in head first. There's ton of info here and I know it can get confusing. On my way out, but I'm sure one of the guys Here will be happy to point you in the right direction. Good luck!!

Gubment Cheeze

Research is the key before start to jump into adding rom to my device right away.....

I will do research before I post

I just wanted to thank everyone for taking their time to post for me :eek:

This was a lot of helpful info I'm going to do research on it.....

Thanks, Again

rangercaptain

Oct 27, 2010
West Coast of California
If any of you can please provide me link to download the latest CWM I'm just confuzed which one to download there is so many CWM in Development page which one should I download?...

Bigjoe gave you the link already. In the first post of that thread look directly under the big green arrow. Use just the files in those first links - no other files!

animeware

May 23, 2012
Bigjoe gave you the link already. In the first post of that thread look directly under the big green arrow. Use just the files in those first links - no other files!

K got the file for CWR directly from Clockwork Recovery Site it was the same version he had on the Forum as well.

here what I'M understanding

First I got to make sure all the USB Drivers all up to date which is all up to date. & latest version of Samsung Kies too..

Plug my phone with the USB Cable into Computer wait until shows SGH-I717

use Odin 1.85 software and use pda to flash the CWR not to check the Start Button yet.

Put my phone into Recovery mode.

Once in Recovery Mode then hit start and do not change any settings.

After it's flashed

then I got to install the ATT Flash Counter Reset though CWR that will put my counter down from 1 to default correct.

Then put the rom in the sd card and same with ATT Flash Counter & Gapps latest version

First Thing to install is
1) CWR Recovery though Odin
2) Install ATT Flash Counter Reset though CWR
3) Install Jelly Bean Rom
4)Install Gapps

Is this correct information?

Should I not touch my kernel just leave it alone too.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
You got it ....
Simply follow the information in the root thread and your Good...
I don't know about the kernel, as I don't use that rom. But the rom thread will give you the information you need ....g

animeware

May 23, 2012

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
No!
It says on that post that that method is only for Gingerbread roms, NOT stock ICS, which is what you have...

It's in the first sentence. It's red. And bold.
Lol...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
my suggestion to every new user to ROMs and flashing

read until your eyes bleed, your fingers fall off and your ball sack shrivels into dust! :cool:

read read read.....research read and research the research.

If you are even remotely afraid of snarfing up your device then re read what you read and then read it again.

Great to ask questions and most will be helpful but get your melon into your puter screen and hit every link given every resource possible.

And remember, NO one is responsible for what you or I do to our devices. We ALL do this knowing full well the risks.

Welcome to the Note forums. And everyone has given you sound advice already.

Regards
Mortem

Reactions: Froid and slaydog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh I see I get it

my suggestion to every new user to ROMs and flashing

read until your eyes bleed, your fingers fall off and your ball sack shrivels into dust! :cool:

read read read.....research read and research the research.

If you are even remotely afraid of snarfing up your device then re read what you read and then read it again.

Great to ask questions and most will be helpful but get your melon into your puter screen and hit every link given every resource possible.

And remember, NO one is responsible for what you or I do to our devices. We ALL do this knowing full well the risks.

Welcome to the Note forums. And everyone has given you sound advice already.

Regards
    Mortem

Thanks....
    Flashing a ROM in cwm will not increase the counter. When you flash something in Odin it will. That counter reset zip is supposed to be flashed in a custom recovery(cwm, twrp). You only need a custom recovery to flash a ROM, not root. You flash cwm through Odin. That will increase your counter by one. You can then flash the reset zip in recovery to get it back to zero. Then you can flash all the ROMs you want through recovery without increasing the counter.

Gubment Cheeze

Gubment Cheeze