Tf700 Random Reboots. Anyone else or just me?

OP Tech-Hedz

19th September 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 22

149 posts
More
I haven't had the rebooting issue since I've updated, but I can go for weeks without a reboot. Though it seems when I do get a random crash and reboot it will happen more than once, usually 3-4 times all within a half hour of each other.

One thing I noticed, and this could be pure coincidence, is that shortly before getting an OTA I've gotten random restarts. Really infuriates me that I've got this incredibly nice piece of hardware and it random reboots like that.

I also seem to be having trouble with games, whether it's Jelly Defense or Dead Trigger, game will randomly crash though it's different with both games. Dead Trigger will always lock up within 30secs of loading a map if I'm using the ps3 controller app. Not sure if it's Dead Trigger or a ps3 controller issue. I have to reboot the device before playing the game, nearly every time otherwise it just locks up and crashes to desktop. Jelly Defense is a bit more random, game will play seemingly fine and be near the end of a level and it will crash and sometimes it won't crash at all.
18th October 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 22

149 posts
More
I am just posting again because I feel that the random reboots are related to things updating and using data in the background while doing some that is taxing. For instance, I just got a random reboot while playing "Horn." I don't believe Horn itself crashed the tab but what perhaps was going on in the background. Everytime my tab is randomly rebooting, which isn't that often, there's an OTA downloading in the background or apps are ready to be updated in the Play store. Now that I am unlocked and do not get OTA's anymore it's been only happening with the Play store.

I have automatic updates disabled but still have it set up to notifiy me if there are updates. Probably related to the i/o issues the Infinity has.

After a random reboot, had updated all my apps earlier in the day so it's not like I don't update my apps.
18th October 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 13

109 posts
I just flashed the latest updated and no less than 30 mins in I got a white screen freeze and reboot. I was just reading Google Currents and rotated the screen when it happpened. I've been consistently getting reboots running various apps so i just think they're random.
19th October 2012, 01:57 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 17

368 posts
Also I have always had occasional reboots with ICS and JB!
I thought I was the only one and I have my terminal fault!
Why Asus does not provide?
19th October 2012, 03:03 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 175

1,274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria807

If you do some research on XDA, there are issues said about ExFAT format. People are saying it starts out working fine, but over time and as the SD fills up, there will be increased corruption errors.

ExFAT is FAST. FAT32 is SLOW. ExFAT does NOT have file size limit of < 4GB/file. As some people here use their tablets and load them up with BluRay rips, this becomes an issue with FAT32 filesize limitation.

It's not really an issue with specific SD cards.

I've used the exact same SD cards in ExFAT format and the TF700 never locks up (ICS). Ever since JB, it's been having issues.

But the recommended SD for Micro slot is SanDisk 32GB Class10 (it's grey/red)
I got a Transcend 64GB Class 10 in the Dock, no prob.

i think i have an idea of what is causing the issue. I did a test last night. I have a 32gb fat32 and a 64gb exfat. Both cards have the same data on them. On the 32gb, which is new, i loaded all of my stuff, except movies and music. The device ran great. So i got home, put in the 64gb, no movies and music, works fine. I then transferred several movie files (mkv and mp4) and music to both cards. I put the 32gb back in, went to play a movie in BS player, and it wouldnt play. Music would not play either, using stock player of poweramp. 5 minutes later, it rebooted and got stuck on the logo. I did a reboot, put in my next card. Same thing happened. I removed the movie files from my 32gb, and it went back to working great. I did the same for the 64, and had the same success. I left one mkv on the 32gb and have no issues. I added more than one movie file to the 64 and the issue is there. So i'm guessing that the issue involved the type of files and the amount of files on the memory card. I assume its music and movies, because i have tons of comics on these cards and have no issues reading them. So maybe if people can run similar tests, we can try to figure out why the tablet keeps rebooting.
The Following User Says Thank You to timrock For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #26  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 31

198 posts
I am also getting reboots. I think I have had 4 or so since the update.

Everything is working fine, then it starts going really slow, locks up, and the screen turns white.

I have to hold the power button for 10-15 seconds or do a pinhole reset.
19th October 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #27  

1,274 posts
update: i moved my music from the 32gb to the device, and the music doesnt play. neither will the movie on my card. This is getting weird.

i took the memory card out. rebooted and tried to play the music on the device, without the memory card being in it, and it plays fine.
Last edited by timrock; 19th October 2012 at 03:37 PM.
19th October 2012, 03:51 PM   |  #28  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 945

3,844 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrock

i think i have an idea of what is causing the issue. I did a test last night. I have a 32gb fat32 and a 64gb exfat. Both cards have the same data on them. On the 32gb, which is new, i loaded all of my stuff, except movies and music. The device ran great. So i got home, put in the 64gb, no movies and music, works fine. I then transferred several movie files (mkv and mp4) and music to both cards. I put the 32gb back in, went to play a movie in BS player, and it wouldnt play. Music would not play either, using stock player of poweramp. 5 minutes later, it rebooted and got stuck on the logo. I did a reboot, put in my next card. Same thing happened. I removed the movie files from my 32gb, and it went back to working great. I did the same for the 64, and had the same success. I left one mkv on the 32gb and have no issues. I added more than one movie file to the 64 and the issue is there. So i'm guessing that the issue involved the type of files and the amount of files on the memory card. I assume its music and movies, because i have tons of comics on these cards and have no issues reading them. So maybe if people can run similar tests, we can try to figure out why the tablet keeps rebooting.

I use 2 32gb cards (both micro, one with SDadapter in dock). Both fat32, both absolutely loaded with films and music. (ranging from a 6.2gb mkv to 300mb mp4 and avi's.) VLC refuses to play from SD, that's a known issue with the new VLC update. Stock. MXplayer, BSplayer and Vplayer run them fine.

I haven't had a single lockup/reboot/whitescreen... *knocks on wood*

I'm NOT rooted, has anyone bothered to check if the issue happens on all devices or only the rooted ones?
19th October 2012, 04:12 PM   |  #29  
Flag North Branch
Thanks Meter: 143

1,016 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have not once had a random reboot. Stock, rooted, no external sd card.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
19th October 2012, 04:44 PM   |  #30  

1,274 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLea

I use 2 32gb cards (both micro, one with SDadapter in dock). Both fat32, both absolutely loaded with films and music. (ranging from a 6.2gb mkv to 300mb mp4 and avi's.) VLC refuses to play from SD, that's a known issue with the new VLC update. Stock. MXplayer, BSplayer and Vplayer run them fine.

I haven't had a single lockup/reboot/whitescreen... *knocks on wood*

I'm NOT rooted, has anyone bothered to check if the issue happens on all devices or only the rooted ones?

i had the reboots before and after rooting.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread