The Auto-Patcher 2.4.7
Trouble with Android 4.2
? See here
Current version and changes
: Auto-Patcher 2.4.7 is out
Pdroid and Pdroid2.0 are incompatible and cannot be applied to the same rom!
- Pdroid for CM7, after a long battle, should finally be working
- Internal script improvements.
. If you are switching from one Pdroid to another, go to data/system and delete everything with privacy
in the name.
The Auto-Patcher is a smali patching utilty that can be used to port mods, framework changes, themes and more across ROMs and devices by patching files and outputting a flashable zip.
We hope that this tool can help developers get their work to a wider audience and help users easily try programs that may call for skills or time they don't have. In one command, you can have all the power and utility of the mods/programs listed below, with no specialized knowledge.
- ClockworkMod and Aroma installers
- Cyanogen [CM7, CM9, CM10] (cm)
- AOKP (aokp)
- AOSP (aosp)
- ParanoidAndroid (pa)
- Evervolv (aosp)
- ...and many others.
We do not support system.img, Odexed roms or Sense, TouchWiz or other OEM-skinned AOSP at this time.
If you have a build environment and build for TW or Sense, consider joining the team. Additionally, Quarx's CyanogenMod roms are not currently supported. A maintainer would be welcomed for that as well.
The Auto-Patcher runs on Linux and MacOSX terminals. Project contributors kobik77 and wbedard have helped us add Windows support
Kobik77 has developed a stand-alone GUI
for Windows called ApG. The most current version of ApG can be downloaded here
ApG has some trouble with some virus software. It has no
elevated permissions and is demonstrably safe. Here are some anti-virus tips
from long-time user Grayfoxmg1
Unless there are hardcoded reasons they conflict, all of the mods below can be combined, so you could get all of the programs and tweaks in one shot. If you use other premade patches or zips, you would have to choose between them
The Available Mods
The Auto-Patcher is the only non-destructive way to get these enhancements, short of building your own ROM and/or applying your own changes to the code.
The name is paranthesis is the MODS for use on the command-line. See usage below if that confuses you. It isn't hard, really.
Mods for Wifi-only Tablets.
- PDroid (pdroid):
- The one where we make our bones, PDroid is an advanced privacy app, one that allows you to deny system and user apps permissions they usually need to function. PDroid changes the information passed by permission requests instead of denying it like other apps. That means no FC's or misbehaving apps. PDroid allows you to set custom phone numbers or IMEIs as well. PDroid is only officially supported through GB. The Auto-Patcher makes it an option for ICS and Jellybean ROMs as well.
- PDroid 2.0 (pd2.0): NEW!
- CollegeDev's update of the core PDroid app and framework. There is a separate app you will need as well. You can get the app and read about PDroid2.0 and get the .apk here. This mod is only for Android 4.1.2+
- V6 Supercharger (v6supercharger):
- Insecure Boot.img (insecure):
- This should work for just about every ROM, giving you true root shell access, enabling adb push of system files and adb remount commands. It can truly save your bacon if you are the type to play with system files and flashing. Some ROMs come with this feature already, so if this patch fails, it just means you already have one.
- Secure boot.img (secure):
- The opposite of the above. There are advantages to both, and what you want depends on what you do. I haven't seen any other way to secure a boot.img, with so many roms now having insecure by default.
- Swap internal and external storage (external_internal):NEW!
- This swaps your app storage from an sdcard to internal storage. This allows you to use all apps, even w/o an sdcard!
- TabletUI (tabletUI):
- Based on findings by barmullio, this allows users of the "Phablets" UI to switch from the stock phone or phablet layout to Tablet user interface. I personally like the tab interface because it allows me more regular access to the status bar. Lockscreen rotation has been enabled as well. Confirmed working on all devices!.
- 3G Dongle (3gdongle):
- This allows users of Wifi tabs to use their 3G dongles on their tablets, allowing them to have data on the go. This is a pretty involved mod, and the development is still on-going. We would like to stress that you read up at developer trevd's thread for best practices and troubleshooting. A growing list of confirmed supported dongles can be found there as well.
- Google Voice (voice):
- As popularized by bongostl, this allows users to use Google Voice to make outgoing calls. It changes your framework-res to recognize that the tablet is voice capable. This allows you to recieve calls as well and has other call quality advantages over things like GrooveIP.
- OTG support- Coming SOON.
Designed to run on Linux, OSX and Windows (using Cygwin)
- The Auto-Patcher has become completely open-source, and no one has gotten more out of that than our Windows users. kobik77 and wbedard have come aboard and brought Windows support to our formerly *nix-only utility.
- Kobik has also crafted the first Auto-Patcher GUI! Here is his post with download link and features description (including auto-update from Github!)
Requirements for execution: Java (JDK), cpio, patch
For usage and patch availability, place a rom.zip into this directory and try
$./auto_patcher <ROMNAME>.zip -h
This will check our various dependancies and provide some useful information. It is not the prettiest thing in the world yet, we're working on it...
To patch a ROM
./auto_patcher <ROMNAME>.zip <MODS>
./auto_patcher cm10-encore-fat-tire.zip pdroid,tabletUI
You can have any number of mods
applied at the same time, just separate them with a comma and NO SPACES!
The only thing you may
need will be a romtype. The patcher will detect and display the ROMTYPE it thinks you have. If the patches fail, just append your ROMTYPE to the end of the command. The only
available ROM types are:
Don't worry if your rom doesn't have a type; most roms in XDA are derivatives of one of the above, and tell you which one in their release threads.
98% of the time, that is all you need to know!
./auto_patcher pa-2.23-mateorod.zip pdroid pa
If you would like to see some of our more advanced usage, please see the third post
- There is never any need for any wiping or restoring of a backup! If you encounter any problems, simply reflash the generated restore.zip or your ROM over the install, preserving all data and settings!
- In the Auto-Patcher directory you will see a logfile that is generated with each run of the program. Please attach the entire logfile in order to get the best support we can offer.
Current and past versions available at our download page on techerrata
You can also clone from our github
. See the README
because there is actualy a lot extra there.
(cygwin/AOSP pd2.0 maintainer)
(Maintains pd2.0 AOKP)
eyeballer and kevank with Team Win for web hosting
chainfire (for faapt
, and TheMatrix2000 (for OSX testing)
romracer and greenblue for 4.1.2 fixes
The Auto-Patcher is a fully open-source utility
, and we welcome new contributors.
If you are a developer, themer or script writer who has code-level edits you walk your users through, let us know and we can get together and create a package for you. A message to developers is here, which also touches on our donation policy.