[APP][2.2+] Podcast Addict

OP bambou51

9th September 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 29

66 posts

Podcast Addict
Version 1.9

I just want to introduce you to my Podcast app available on the Google Play.
This is my 1st Android app and it's still incomplete but almost all of the basic features have been implemented.

If you watch or listen to French podcasts, you will find some of the best independant podcats embedded by default in the app.
If you do not, don't run away yet, because you can still use this app to manage all your podcasts.

Here are the main features:
podcasts subscription
podcasts search engine (thousands of podcasts available in different languages)
OPML import file (iTunes, Google Reader, ...)
new episodes notification
automatic download
streaming
audio player with resume feature
playlist support
OPML export
widget
comments download feature
episode & podcast sharing
episode filters & search engine
automatic episode deletion feature

Upcoming features:
New UI optimized for tablets
Podcast recommendation feature
Download manager
Internal video player

So feel free to test the app, and please, tell me what you think about it.
I know, some important features are missing, but they will soon be available
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PodcastAddict_Main.jpg
Views:	2074
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	1313240   Click image for larger version

Name:	PodcastAddict_Player.jpg
Views:	1849
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1313241   Click image for larger version

Name:	PodcastAddict_Registration.jpg
Views:	1749
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	1313242   Click image for larger version

Name:	PodcastAddict_Episode.jpg
Views:	1653
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1313243  
Last edited by bambou51; 7th October 2012 at 11:19 PM.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bambou51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #2  
OP Member

66 posts
Headset controls now work on ICS and JB (since v1.8.8)
The Following User Says Thank You to bambou51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2012, 02:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 37

143 posts
What do you do when you listen to your podcast? What do you want to do most of the times when you are going back to the app?

Every. Single. Podcast. Player. Does the same ****ing thing wrong.

Go figure it out.
16th September 2012, 02:35 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_bhm

What do you do when you listen to your podcast? What do you want to do most of the times when you are going back to the app?

Every. Single. Podcast. Player. Does the same ****ing thing wrong.

Go figure it out.

What do you mean ?
16th September 2012, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 192

2,499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambou51

What do you mean ?

Yip, bump that. Constructive helpful feedback will assist the dev to make this a better app, me thinks? Instead of cryptic comments...
The Following User Says Thank You to Moe5508 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th October 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #6  
OP Member

66 posts
Just released Podcast Addict v1.9.
Main new feature is the Playlist support.
9th October 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #7  

146 posts
A little bit more Holo design would be much more better. The glossy style of the bar on the top is not android like.

Also please disable the emulated menu button. The menu button must be in the Actionbar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
9th October 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutStrikesBack

A little bit more Holo design would be much more better. The glossy style of the bar on the top is not android like.

Also please disable the emulated menu button. The menu button must be in the Actionbar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Now that I'm almost having every basic feature implemented I will rethink the whole UI for the v2.0
16th October 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Fantastic Podcast app! I hadn't looked for a good podcast app in a while, and I first went through and read a few sites that listed the "top 10 android podcast apps". I downloaded the top 4-5 and played with them. Eventually I realized they each have something that annoyed me too much. Usually, they were either too simple in attempts to have a clean/simple UI, or they were so complicated that it made navigation not enjoyable. I tried one out that had 4 tabbed screens of settings...

Eventually I found this one. This is the only one that I kept. I love the simple and straight forward UI and fantastic feature set. Perfect balance and no bloat. All the core features are there. The settings are simple and just make sense. The app is mostly intuitive in terms of flow - I would add a button for the subscription (using a Nexus S and having to go to options to view it was not intuitive at first). Another change, as some people have mentioned on the play store, is putting a back button -- although personally, I didn't even notice until I read the reviewsI only noticed it because a bunch of people complained about it. If you can, on the widget, please add the current time position and the max (end) time position. At last, ask people about the primary language and after that use only that language (ex of this: if you select English, when you search, there's still french under the titles)

Good luck with this app - you have created something fantastic! If you make a donation version count me in!!
16th October 2012, 10:13 PM   |  #10  
OP Member

66 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventz

Fantastic Podcast app! I hadn't looked for a good podcast app in a while, and I first went through and read a few sites that listed the "top 10 android podcast apps". I downloaded the top 4-5 and played with them. Eventually I realized they each have something that annoyed me too much. Usually, they were either too simple in attempts to have a clean/simple UI, or they were so complicated that it made navigation not enjoyable. I tried one out that had 4 tabbed screens of settings...

Eventually I found this one. This is the only one that I kept. I love the simple and straight forward UI and fantastic feature set. Perfect balance and no bloat. All the core features are there. The settings are simple and just make sense. The app is mostly intuitive in terms of flow - I would add a button for the subscription (using a Nexus S and having to go to options to view it was not intuitive at first). Another change, as some people have mentioned on the play store, is putting a back button -- although personally, I didn't even notice until I read the reviewsI only noticed it because a bunch of people complained about it. If you can, on the widget, please add the current time position and the max (end) time position. At last, ask people about the primary language and after that use only that language (ex of this: if you select English, when you search, there's still french under the titles)

Good luck with this app - you have created something fantastic! If you make a donation version count me in!!

Thanks a lot for your comment!
I don't understand what the problem is with the back button. You can use Android back button to go back to the previous screen. You can also press the App icon in the ActionBar to go back to the main screen. If you understand what te problem is, please tell me.
I didn't add any progress bar on the widget to avoid draining the battery, I might add a 2nd widget with a progress bar, in a future release.
As for the french in the search engine, I didn't take the time to clean the podcasts translations in the database, but I will improve the search feature in the upcoming v2.0.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, freepod, nowatch, podcast, podcast addict
Previous Thread Next Thread