[TOOL][SCRIPT] AndSync - Synchronize Backup and Restore Android Devices
This script helps you to:
- Synchronize applications if you have multiple android devices.
- Backup and Restore applications in batch.
- Un-install applications in batch.
- Backup and Restore application data on rooted and non-rooted (only for ICS and above) devices.
- Use your PC or Laptop to perform full backups. There is no need to first backup on SD card and then copy to your PC.
Why did I develop this?
1. I own multiple android phones with about 200 apps installed (I have no idea why
) and it has become difficult to manage application updates from Play Store on these devices.
2. I needed a quick and easy way to backup applications directly to my computer and restore them after I do a full re-flash.
What are the prerequisites for this script?
- Android SDK (ADB shell)
- Perl v5.10.1 (Any latest version of Perl would also be fine)
Note: I used these versions, it may work on older versions as well but I have not tested those.
- Install Perl from here
- Install Zip for Perl (Ubuntu Users) - sudo apt-get install libarchive-zip-perl
- Install adb using instructions from here
On which Desktop/Laptop OSes will this tool work?
It is a Perl script and so it should work on all OSes that can run Perl. Of course Android SDK port (at-least for adb) should exist.
For which versions of Android will this tool work?
I have come across 'adb backup' and 'restore' commands but that is not available for older/all devices. Using this tool you can perform backup and restore of devices with Android Gingerbread and above. (I have only tested using GB and JB). Froyo devices are not supported in the current version.
Where can you find this tool?
Here is the link [AndSync
]. You can just download the Perl script 'AndSync.pl' and execute it if you have Perl installed.
From AndSync v1.3 the script can be updated automatically from Settings->'Update this script'.
- Some operations spit out too much information on console.
- Does not support Froyo devices at the moment.
If you have issues with market links try:
Settings->Applications->Manage Applications->All->Google Play Store->Force Stop & Clear Data
Please share your thoughts and suggestions for improvement. Please open issues on Github so that it can be tracked.
Enjoy Android !!