Defected Samsung s3?

Search This thread

projectseahorse

Dec 22, 2010
Hello All,

I been having problems with messaging on the S3 i got last month from T Mobile. It lags and a lot of time it says that the messages failed to send. When I send and receive a lot of texts, sometimes the contact list crashes and almost all the names revert back to numbers. ( some still retained their names for some reasons while others lost it) I have to restart the phone to get it back. Once the contact has stopped, I cannot access it until I restart my phone! Any comments or help would be greatly appreciate. Thank all, you guys are the best!!

capcanuck

May 3, 2011
Youre bone stock I would imagine? Try factory reset.. it might do the trick.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
I've had issues with stuttering notification sounds - only when connected to my bluetooth deck in my car... not sure what's up with that...

Think I'm going to go the factory reset route and see if it does it right after a factory reset...

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
If you have a ****load of messages this will happen. It used to happen on my i9300 when in Jellybean because it has a memory leak.

Sent from my SGH-T999

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I do have a crap load of messages, and this happens more when i'm engaging in intense texting. Were you able to come up with the solution on your i9300? Thanks

No because on the i9300 the JB ROMs have a sloe memory leak in them compounded with the extra texts I had saved and more being stored I would run out of memory every few hours. I know before I deleted a couple threads on my T999 I would sometimes see a loading screen for messages or numbers for a split second instead of contact names.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My phone also defected, but from North Korea.

Seriously though, I'd try to exchange it at a T-Mobile store.