Search This thread

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Hi Guys

I am letting you all no that i am start to working on a Firefox OS port that will make are wee phone stand out from the armv6 crowd by porting a newly release source code for an android distro thats not from Google AOSP, CM, MIUI or AOKP this will give us a great looking GUI and hopefully leave ICS and JB in the dark just like Qualcomm left us in the dark by not releasing libs for ICS and JB video playback etc. If you can guess what distro it is ill will add you to be a beta tester before public release. I will be downloading its source code after college and see how far i get in terms of booting etc the one good thing is this os will not need root as its completely open and not locked down like stock android.

I no it will be hard moving to a new OS because all of your android apps and games might not work but i will not no fully until its booting but if all works well we will just forget about android completely and move to the other OS

Beta testers:
SomeDudeOnTheNet
davidang
ankitjoshi90
omnomnomkimiiee

Eoghan

Last edited:

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
Open source, not locked down? IOS is locked down.....

Ubuntu? That's all I can think of.... :cool:

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using xda premium

davidang

Apr 2, 2012
firefox os and i would love to be a beta tester. Can i be the first person to be your tester?

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Reactions: davidang

davidang

Apr 2, 2012
Windows phone?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Welcome to the beta testers you too could you pm me your email address so I can email you both once I have a working build ;)

Sent from my Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

cool,i will send my email to u and i hope this thread can be on xda portal when the rom is booting.
Maybe this os can change my opinion towards android,maybe yes maybe no cause my favorite os is android or i will love both os

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Reactions: Lt.Win

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Good news from a good dev. So many close beta testers are already there ..so I am waiting for first public beta release .

EdikNeznanov

Jun 27, 2012
Hi Guys

I am letting you all no that i am start to working on a Firefox OS port that will make are wee phone stand out from the armv6 crowd by porting a newly release source code for an android distro thats not from Google AOSP, CM, MIUI or AOKP this will give us a great looking GUI and hopefully leave ICS and JB in the dark just like Qualcomm left us in the dark by not releasing libs for ICS and JB video playback etc. If you can guess what distro it is ill will add you to be a beta tester before public release. I will be downloading its source code after college and see how far i get in terms of booting etc the one good thing is this os will not need root as its completely open and not locked down like stock android.

I no it will be hard moving to a new OS because all of your android apps and games might not work but i will not no fully until its booting but if all works well we will just forget about android completely and move to the other OS

Beta testers:
SomeDudeOnTheNet
davidang
ankitjoshi90
omnomnomkimiiee

Eoghan

Are you sure that this OS will be better than android?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys

Beta testers:
    SomeDudeOnTheNet
    davidang
    ankitjoshi90
    omnomnomkimiiee

Eoghan
    Good news. Worth the wait?

Sent from my HTC M7 using xda app-developers app
    Lol....hv a look at this

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app
    nearly i have it detecting the tree now i need to mod the files for compiling ;)
    Relax man,just be patient,maybe download your repo while u are doing your homework. :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using xda app-developers app

i wont but the bloody repo wont even download because the marvel isnt supported by b2g so i have to manually add support which is the hard part but i will bet there ;)