Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Where to buy the "real" TF700T dock?

OP Nerva

10th September 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
It seems like 90% of the posts I read about TF700T docks are from people who have the relabeled 201 dock (some happy, some not), but there are also claims that people have seen the two designs torn down, so there must be "real" 700 docks apparently floating around out there to compare vs. relabeled ones. Since ASUS relabeled the 201 inventory as 700 docks, I am assuming at some point retailers will sell out of the 201 units and restock with

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?
10th September 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 715
 
3,019 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva

It seems like 90% of the posts I read about TF700T docks are from people who have the relabeled 201 dock (some happy, some not), but there are also claims that people have seen the two designs torn down, so there must be "real" 700 docks apparently floating around out there to compare vs. relabeled ones. Since ASUS relabeled the 201 inventory as 700 docks, I am assuming at some point retailers will sell out of the 201 units and restock with

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?

Mine is from BestBuy. The real TF700 dock.
11th September 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?

As far as I can tell, no European retailer carries the TF700 dock.
15th September 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #4  
ooonimrodooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corfu, Ny
Thanks Meter: 105
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to ooonimrodooo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th September 2012, 07:49 AM   |  #5  
MaritimeGamer's Avatar
Member
Flag Fredericton
Thanks Meter: 4
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
If it is not the same color it is Not the right dock. I don't care what sticker they put on it. Can you imagine buying a new car and having the dealer install a different hood that was last years model (but nothing has changed but the color) would yo be happy with that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium
15th September 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #6  
ooonimrodooo's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Corfu, Ny
Thanks Meter: 105
 
256 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeGamer

If it is not the same color it is Not the right dock. I don't care what sticker they put on it. Can you imagine buying a new car and having the dealer install a different hood that was last years model (but nothing has changed but the color) would yo be happy with that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

I don't really feel that I can compare this to a car. Because this dock being a slightly different color would not bother me one bit especially if it worked exactly the same. But of course a different color hood would.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app
Last edited by ooonimrodooo; 15th September 2012 at 05:42 PM.
15th September 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 963
 
3,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
There is no such thing as a "real" TF700 dock, other than the one with the stickers on the box.... It's been discussed to death already, but I truly believe that the docking part of the re-labeled TF700 dock is slightly different than the original TF201 dock. But other than that, it's really just the same dock and it works fine...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
15th September 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooonimrodooo

Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.

Good input. Does the machine tip over backwards when the screen is tilted fully backwards?
15th September 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
68 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Yeah the balance issue is what concerned me as well -- I know they are functionally identical but if they really did relocate the battery to make it less prone to tipping over, that's something I want.
15th September 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 963
 
3,420 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
I can confirm that my TF700 does not "tip over" when tilted back all of the way... I have the dock that had the TF700 sticker over the TF201 designation...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes