5,600,234 Members 36,800 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Where to buy the "real" TF700T dock?

Tip us?

Nerva
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Where to buy the "real" TF700T dock?

It seems like 90% of the posts I read about TF700T docks are from people who have the relabeled 201 dock (some happy, some not), but there are also claims that people have seen the two designs torn down, so there must be "real" 700 docks apparently floating around out there to compare vs. relabeled ones. Since ASUS relabeled the 201 inventory as 700 docks, I am assuming at some point retailers will sell out of the 201 units and restock with

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?

okantomi
Old
Thanks Meter 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
It seems like 90% of the posts I read about TF700T docks are from people who have the relabeled 201 dock (some happy, some not), but there are also claims that people have seen the two designs torn down, so there must be "real" 700 docks apparently floating around out there to compare vs. relabeled ones. Since ASUS relabeled the 201 inventory as 700 docks, I am assuming at some point retailers will sell out of the 201 units and restock with

I am wondering if there are retailers that are known to carry the "real" dock now?
Mine is from BestBuy. The real TF700 dock.
Transformer Infinity 32Gb - JB 4.1.1
ROM: CROMI v4.4 with _that kernel
Nexus 7 32Gb - JB 4.2.2
ROM: between sparksco's sabremod and sbdags' CROMi with M-kernel
SGS2 Epic 4G Touch - JB 4.2.2
ROM: Evervolv, Baked or Magical Unicorn
Xoom WiFi - JB 4.2.1
ROM: EOS 4 Wingray Nightly 180
Rockin' TWRP Touch Recovery on everything!

When someone--anyone--helps you, give them a THANKS!

sapienssapiens
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
As far as I can tell, no European retailer carries the TF700 dock.

ooonimrodooo
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.
The Following User Says Thank You to ooonimrodooo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MaritimeGamer
Old
Thanks Meter 4
If it is not the same color it is Not the right dock. I don't care what sticker they put on it. Can you imagine buying a new car and having the dealer install a different hood that was last years model (but nothing has changed but the color) would yo be happy with that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

ooonimrodooo
Old
(Last edited by ooonimrodooo; 15th September 2012 at 04:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaritimeGamer View Post
If it is not the same color it is Not the right dock. I don't care what sticker they put on it. Can you imagine buying a new car and having the dealer install a different hood that was last years model (but nothing has changed but the color) would yo be happy with that?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium
I don't really feel that I can compare this to a car. Because this dock being a slightly different color would not bother me one bit especially if it worked exactly the same. But of course a different color hood would.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 955
There is no such thing as a "real" TF700 dock, other than the one with the stickers on the box.... It's been discussed to death already, but I truly believe that the docking part of the re-labeled TF700 dock is slightly different than the original TF201 dock. But other than that, it's really just the same dock and it works fine...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

sapienssapiens
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooonimrodooo View Post
Just bought a dock from Best Buy today. Had the TF700 stickers over the TF201 sticker. But honestly people. This is the real dock. It even came with the new firmware. Nothing installed when i first the tablet into it and its up to date. Feels great to me. Fits perfect. The lock clicks fine. I think that we are chasing the REAL TF700 dock for nothing. If people had problems with it fitting, they must have had a defective dock or tablet. Even if the real dock does exist, I'm 100% happy with this dock. Everything seems to work. All the buttons work. What do you have to lose? Get it from Best Buy, stickers over stickers or not. If you hate it or have a problem, return it! Best Buy is good like that.
Good input. Does the machine tip over backwards when the screen is tilted fully backwards?

Nerva
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah the balance issue is what concerned me as well -- I know they are functionally identical but if they really did relocate the battery to make it less prone to tipping over, that's something I want.

jtrosky
Old
Thanks Meter 955
I can confirm that my TF700 does not "tip over" when tilted back all of the way... I have the dock that had the TF700 sticker over the TF201 designation...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to jtrosky For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]