Every Sprint PRL
Take a moment and read these two article before reading any further:
What is a PRL?
What is a PRL? - Part 2
PRL Series - Acct- Device
= Residential acct - LTE/800SMR
= Business acct (some 3G roaming added) - LTE/800SMR
= Residential acct - worldphone LTE/800SMR
= Corporate acct (VZW 3G roaming) - worldphone LTE/800SMR
= Corporate acct (VZW 3G roaming) - LTE/800SMR
= Corporate acct (VZW 3G roaming) - no LTE/no 800SMR
= Corporate acct (VZW 3G roaming) - no LTE/low priority 800SMR
= Residential acct - no LTE/no 800SMR
= Residential acct - no LTE/low priority 800SMR
= iPhone5 - low priority 800SMR
= temporary PRL sent to worldphone LTE devices - 800SMR scans removed
Additional PRL version info
All Areas are 800 SMR Enabled in the latest PRLs except for
22429,Sprint Nextel,Boise ID; Brigham City UT; Jackson Hole WY; Salt Lake City UT; St. George UT
22433,Sprint Nextel,Pendleton OR; Sandpoint ID; Spokane WA
22449,Sprint Nextel,Charlotte Amalie VI; Ponce PR; San Juan PR
22450,Sprint Nextel,Charlotte WV; Lynchburg VA; Roanoke VA
PRL Change Logs and Full Analysis' can be found on this website:
PRL 00001, 00002, 00003, and 01337 are modded PRLs that force your phone to use Verizon's network for voice and 3G. Use these for TESTING purposes only. I do not recommend or condone using them 100% of the time.
You will not be able to determine when you are roaming. You won't even be able to tell if you roaming internationally!! There is a 300mb data cap and other minute based roaming caps with Sprint. Discussions about how to get your contract terminated using these non-Sprint PRLs will not be tolerated and will be deleted.
If Verizon works for you and Sprint's service does not, then you need purchase Verizon service.
Common PRL Myths
1. A PRL is not a list of towers. It's a list of cell phone systems that your phone searches for.
2. It will not make your phone connect to different Sprint 3G towers.
3. It will not give you better Sprint PCS band 3G or 1X coverage.
4. It will not give you better LTE coverage.
5. An update is not required for new cellular sites.
6. The only time a PRL update will give you better native Sprint coverage is when 800mhz SMR (BC10) support is added and enabled in your area.
7. You can not use AT&T or VZW LTE with a use of a different PRL
8. Don't believe the nonsense and lies that a Sprint rep will tell you about PRLs (they were never trained on PRLs and only go by rumors and hearsay instead of facts)
How to write a different PRL from the phone itself (Must be on Stock based TouchWiz Rom)
1. Download and extract the PRL file from the zip
2. Place the file on the root of your INTERNAL SD card
3. Make a copy of the file and name it "TEST" (TEST.prl)
4. Open the phone dialer and type ##DATA#
5. Select View then select PRL Write
6. Hit the Write PRL button and let the phone reboot
After the phone boots up verify in the Settings screen that the PRL write was successful. If it did not work, try turning off data and/or turning on airplane mode. I've had it take two or three tries due to the buggy PRL Write function. Patience is key!
How to write a PRL from your computer (for AOSP users)
1. Get DFS
2. Get diagnostic scripts and put them in script manager (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1626638
3. Put phone in diag. mode and open DFS
4. Make sure the log is open and diag. logging is selected
5. In the upper left hand corner hit the port button
6. Select the diagnostic port
7. Enter your MSL number (1) and then hit the blue button (2)
8. Hit the programming tab
9. Then the NAM sub tab
10. On the right side load the PRL that you want then hit write
11. Your diag log should look like this
12. Reset and confirm your new PRL