Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,988 Members 45,146 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Baseband] ALL T999, T999L, T999V, T999N Modems! w/ MAP and Data Tweaks!

Tip us?

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3640

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusS4gFreak View Post
I accepted the 4.3 stock updated and rooted 4.3 so chose the MK4 for now on? And yes i have T999N On metropcs
Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Perseus71 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NexusS4gFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Yes
Okayy thank you
Most Recent First:
Galaxy S4
iPhone 5C
Nexus 5
Galaxy S5
Galaxy S3
iPhone 4S
ATT HTC One X
Sprint EVO 3D
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Sprint Apple iPhone 4
Sprint LG Optimus G
Samsung/Google Galaxy Nexus CDMA/Sprint
Apple iPhone 4
HTC EVO 3D (x5)
Samsung/Google Nexus S 4G
Huawei Ascend

NexusS4gFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Where can I find the MK7 modem/baseband/radio? That's the only one wiki works with
Most Recent First:
Galaxy S4
iPhone 5C
Nexus 5
Galaxy S5
Galaxy S3
iPhone 4S
ATT HTC One X
Sprint EVO 3D
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Sprint Apple iPhone 4
Sprint LG Optimus G
Apple iPhone 4
HTC EVO 3D (x5)
Huawei Ascend

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3640

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusS4gFreak View Post
Where can I find the MK7 modem/baseband/radio? That's the only one wiki works with
Are you serious ? Would you mind reading, I mean really read the first 3 posts of this thread ?

NexusS4gFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71 View Post
Are you serious ? Would you mind reading, I mean really read the first 3 posts of this thread ?
I have read and theres an MB7 MK4 and ME4 modem for my device but not a MK7 modem.
Most Recent First:
Galaxy S4
iPhone 5C
Nexus 5
Galaxy S5
Galaxy S3
iPhone 4S
ATT HTC One X
Sprint EVO 3D
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Sprint Apple iPhone 4
Sprint LG Optimus G
Apple iPhone 4
HTC EVO 3D (x5)
Huawei Ascend

Shallwhat
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Which baseband should I download for CM 4.4.2 on a T999?

shenry1307
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallwhat View Post
Which baseband should I download for CM 4.4.2 on a T999?
Go HERE and use the latest one.
>>>>> TMO GS3 T999 <<<<<*** Don't forget to Thank your Devs & OPs...and me, if I helped! ***

Other Devices:

GalaxyTab 10.1 (Stock/UnRooted)
WonderMedia 8850 7" (UberoidTool Rooted)
MyTouch 4G (Moderately Rooted)
MyTouch 3G (Numerously Rooted)

adamsa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 1mbps down on t999L

Hi all,
I've been scouring threads for quite some time and am not finding any clarity. Hopefully you guys have a very quick answer that I've just missed.

Scenario: craigslist purchased a t999L, prior updated OTA to MK4, on a reseller of the t-mobile network (myfamilymobile). Has been getting 1mbps down, 0.5 mbps up the whole time. I've tried downgrading to the UVAMB7 and UVAEME4 modems that you packaged, but when I do and boot back, I get no signal and Baseband Version: Unknown. This happens with 4.3 and 4.2.1 on multiple flavors of roms.

Do you know why modems are coming up unknown? I've seen mention of accepting OTA causing an issue, but haven't seen anything clear about how/what. Can you think of any other reasons that this would be getting 1mbps down?

Would love to get something better than 1mb down on this LTE network...

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsa View Post
Hi all,
I've been scouring threads for quite some time and am not finding any clarity. Hopefully you guys have a very quick answer that I've just missed.

Scenario: craigslist purchased a t999L, prior updated OTA to MK4, on a reseller of the t-mobile network (myfamilymobile). Has been getting 1mbps down, 0.5 mbps up the whole time. I've tried downgrading to the UVAMB7 and UVAEME4 modems that you packaged, but when I do and boot back, I get no signal and Baseband Version: Unknown. This happens with 4.3 and 4.2.1 on multiple flavors of roms.

Do you know why modems are coming up unknown? I've seen mention of accepting OTA causing an issue, but haven't seen anything clear about how/what. Can you think of any other reasons that this would be getting 1mbps down?

And, I suppose an important question re the OTA, will it be damaging to try the root66 root66_TMO_T999L_UVAMB7.tar? That was a next step.

adamsa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hi all,

---------- Post added at 02:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

And, I suppose an important question re the OTA, will it be damaging to try the root66 root66_TMO_T999L_UVAMB7.tar? That was a next step.
Ok, a little more reading of the FAQ thread indicates that once you've OTA'd 4.3 that you're stuck. Am I to assume that this means that I can use the MK4 modem only, and that the other 2 not working now is to be expected? If so, I'd love some advice as to what I should do to this thing to get better radio perf. (Issue happened in both nyc and la, so it's not a tower issue)

thanks!

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3640

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, a little more reading of the FAQ thread indicates that once you've OTA'd 4.3 that you're stuck. Am I to assume that this means that I can use the MK4 modem only, and that the other 2 not working now is to be expected? If so, I'd love some advice as to what I should do to this thing to get better radio perf. (Issue happened in both nyc and la, so it's not a tower issue)

thanks!
You read correct. You are stuck with MK4.

Tags
baseband, galaxy s3, modem, radio, t999