FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Note 2 takes a normal SIM card ot not?

996 posts
Thanks Meter: 44

By RRibeiro, Senior Member on 11th September 2012, 05:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have made my Note 2 preorder in Expansys Pro, but now I remembered one important detail for me, can I use the Sim card from my Note 1 or do I have to order a new one because of the 4G or because of the size of the SIM card.
I read somewere that the Note 2 will have micro SIM card, but I also read that it will have a normal SIM card, that's why i'm confused.

Thanks

11th September 2012, 08:27 PM |#2  
Flag Vienna (AT) / Prague (CZ)
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I sure hope for a normal size, there's enough space in the device.
11th September 2012, 09:49 PM |#3  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,055

Donate to Me
More
microSIM guys. Regular miniSIMs are a dying breed. Most phones are moving to microSIM and even the newer nanoSIM (next iPhone.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baldilocks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2012, 12:25 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ericeira
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Thanks. I Think its time To change my old SIM card.
12th September 2012, 02:31 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Thanks Guys this good to know
12th September 2012, 03:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Durn... I'm in the same boat. Preordered from MobileCity with plans to use SIM from Note1. I guess now I need to find a cheap phone with a microsim, since ATT doesnt do well with phones qith unrecognized imeis. Bummer.
12th September 2012, 04:31 AM |#8  
Flag Dover, DE
Thanks Meter: 1,055

Donate to Me
More
You realize they make SIM cutters, right? As long as your contact patch comes out unscathed when you cut it, it should be good to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to Baldilocks For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2012, 08:24 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 406

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchxoom

Durn... I'm in the same boat. Preordered from MobileCity with plans to use SIM from Note1. I guess now I need to find a cheap phone with a microsim, since ATT doesnt do well with phones qith unrecognized imeis. Bummer.

Att should allow you to sim swap your note sim for a microsim. It sucks that we can't then go back and forth between phones though. I guess we can use adapters, although I recall the note doesn't play nice enough with some of them.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to ChodTheWacko For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2012, 02:41 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 4,809

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRibeiro

I have made my Note 2 preorder in Expansys Pro, but now I remembered one important detail for me, can I use the Sim card from my Note 1 or do I have to order a new one because of the 4G or because of the size of the SIM card.
I read somewere that the Note 2 will have micro SIM card, but I also read that it will have a normal SIM card, that's why i'm confused.

Thanks

You can cut the sim into a micro-sim.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread