Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,289 Members 46,245 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][MOD] Latest Google Wallet 1.5 R79 v5 for AOSP/Sense

Tip us?

b-reezy
Old
(Last edited by b-reezy; 25th September 2012 at 03:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 734
Default [APP][MOD] Latest Google Wallet 1.5 R79 v5 for AOSP/Sense

Here's a modded version of the latest Google Wallet for those of you getting the "Unfortunately, Google Wallet is not yet available for your device or mobile carrier." The device check is removed.

You will still see unsupported device on rooted devices, but it works perfect.

It will work on any aosp Rom. (Cm10, aokp, paranoid android, codefire x, etc.) Or any sense ROM.

Remove any previous versions of Google Wallet before.

Push apk to /system/app/ and change permissions to rw-r--r--

Download: http://db.tt/rWF3q7NI

Edit:

Here's a flashable zip thanks to kaos420: https://www.dropbox.com/s/usx877gnox...t.Deodexed.zip

Be sure to thank him for making lives easier lol.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to b-reezy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

94tbird
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Thank you sir!

asafegous
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Sweet. Been looking for this.

Sent from my EVO using xda app-developers app

sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

kaos420
Old
(Last edited by kaos420; 24th September 2012 at 08:45 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1593

DONATE TO ME
Here I made it flash able from recovery. Fyi will work with sense. As well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/usx877gnox...t.Deodexed.zip
Sent from my Cm10 powered Evo Lte!!
Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ihtfp69
Old
(Last edited by ihtfp69; 12th September 2012 at 12:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 808

DONATE TO ME
You guys are gutsy installing a modified app that deals with your credit cards. Is it really worth risking your information being stolen just to remove a small message?

Unmodified: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31187814

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Phone #1: Rooted Droid Incredible - SkyRaider ROMs
Phone #2: Rooted Thunderbolt - SkyRaider Zeus
Tablet: Motorola Xoom

Click to follow me on Twitter!

If you like something I did, donate to my beer fund and click the Thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to ihtfp69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kaos420
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1593

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihtfp69 View Post
You guys are gutsy installing a modified app that deals with your credit cards. Is it really worth risking your information being stolen just to remove a small message?

Yes when it doesn't work on the device. This makes it work. All that is modified is the device check check silly.

Phone: Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rom: Kit Kat 4.4.2 Prl: 16015 With 3G Roaming Kernel: Lean SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC Class 10
Tablet: Asus TF300T 32GB Internal with Dock Rom: CROMi-X 5.3 Kernel: Hundsbuah SD Card: Micro 64GB SDHC CLass 10
Retired Devices Galaxy SIII / HTC Evo 4G Lte / HTC Evo 3D / HTC Evo 4G / HTC touch Pro 2 / HTC Touch Pro / HTC Diamond / HTC Vouge / HTC Hero / HTC Mogul / HTC apache
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ihtfp69
Old
Thanks Meter 808

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
Yes when it doesn't won't work on the device. This makes it work

That is false. It is only a message. Google does not disable anything.

Phone #1: Rooted Droid Incredible - SkyRaider ROMs
Phone #2: Rooted Thunderbolt - SkyRaider Zeus
Tablet: Motorola Xoom

Click to follow me on Twitter!

If you like something I did, donate to my beer fund and click the Thanks button!

kaos420
Old
(Last edited by kaos420; 12th September 2012 at 12:55 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1593

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

False? Bull true. It doesn't work on aosp. Flash cm10 try it. You have no clue what your talking about.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b-reezy
Old
(Last edited by b-reezy; 12th September 2012 at 02:24 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 734
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos420 View Post
Yes when it doesn't work on the device. This makes it work. All that is modified is the device check check silly.

I created an algorithm to manipulate wallet into depositing your transactions into my account ;P so keep spending guys! Lol

Quote:

Unmodified: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31187814

On a serious note, all that was modified is the device/carrier check. Stock unmodified wallet does not work at all on most aosp and some custom sense ROMs due to build.prop changes and other factors. The message you're referring to is the message of 'unsupported device' from being rooted. You're correct, that does not affect usage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b-reezy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

94tbird
Old
Thanks Meter 152
Quote:

you sir have no idea what your talking about.

The unsupported device message at the top of the google wallet screen on rooted devices is NOT what we are needing the modified wallet for.

On AOSP the build prop is so different, Google wallet doesnt recognize the device as a supported model, so when you launch wallet, it states not supported and immediately closes the application.

Now you have been educated.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 94tbird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]