Ask a question

No registration required

Best case for HTC One X

OP d0wnti.me

5th February 2013, 09:45 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi!
Waking up the deads - I own a new HOX+ device, and wondered if it fits the speck candyshell / incipio cases of the One X?
I couldn't find a case made specially for one x plus, but I assume it's generally the same device.
Should I buy one of them?
Thanks in advance!

P.S.

I read somewhere about the Speck Candyshell, that it fits the phone in a way that it won't be possible OR be problematic to put a screen protector on it, too.
Is this true, or there is no problem combining the two?
Last edited by cloverst; 5th February 2013 at 10:04 PM.
6th February 2013, 04:00 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 30

172 posts
Honestly? I needed a case ASAP for my HOX, so I grabbed a Body Glove from Walmart (there are two kinds, I think; mine is the hard one?). It has two pieces and snaps on. I've since stopped looking for a "good" or "permanent" case, because this one suits quite nicely. Button cutouts, port cutouts, nice feel to the back of it, doesn't really collect much dust compared to some other cases I've used, thin, light, speaker cutout. Only downside is that it doesn't seem to go much above the camera lens on the back. Mine is still in perfectly good shape so far, though, so maybe it's decent enough. I combine the case with my Zagg HD and I feel pretty safe taking my phone out to play.

Edit: just found the packaging and it's a "Body Glove Smooth Case"
Last edited by blackplague1347; 6th February 2013 at 04:14 AM.
8th February 2013, 10:22 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 42

162 posts
More
I posted awhile back on this thread regarding my Otterbox Defender, and the issues I had with it.

While their customer service was fantastic with dealing with my replacement, I am sorry to say the replacement has suffered exactly the same issues as the original. Once again the back section of silicon is expanding and lifting off the phone, and the rubber cover over the charge point is tearing. I'm not even hard on my phone, it spends it life either in my pocket or on my office desk.

On the back of two poor experiences, I would suggest not getting the Defender for this phone

I'm going to try the Silicrylic, see how that goes.
10th February 2013, 04:57 AM   |  #114  
Flag Iowa
Thanks Meter: 18

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverst

Hi!
Waking up the deads - I own a new HOX+ device, and wondered if it fits the speck candyshell / incipio cases of the One X?
I couldn't find a case made specially for one x plus, but I assume it's generally the same device.
Should I buy one of them?
Thanks in advance!

P.S.

I read somewhere about the Speck Candyshell, that it fits the phone in a way that it won't be possible OR be problematic to put a screen protector on it, too.
Is this true, or there is no problem combining the two?

Spec has a case for the one X+ and the case does work with screen protectors. The only problem is that if the screen protector is the slightest bit off center the case will hit it and start to peel the screen protector off.
13th February 2013, 10:48 AM   |  #115  
Flag Ottumwa
Thanks Meter: 15

84 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by EoinCuinn

I posted awhile back on this thread regarding my Otterbox Defender, and the issues I had with it.

While their customer service was fantastic with dealing with my replacement, I am sorry to say the replacement has suffered exactly the same issues as the original. Once again the back section of silicon is expanding and lifting off the phone, and the rubber cover over the charge point is tearing. I'm not even hard on my phone, it spends it life either in my pocket or on my office desk.

On the back of two poor experiences, I would suggest not getting the Defender for this phone

I'm going to try the Silicrylic, see how that goes.

I have a Defender (the slate/royal purple combo) and I've never seen this problem. What I have seen is that under heavy loads, the H0X tends to get hot above the graphics port on the system board (IE, roughly beneath the SIM card slot) So I wonder if this isn't down to some rom your using over-clocking the phone to the point that it's melting/hardening your case under load. The drawback to the defender series case for H0X is that it doesn't breath well, between the foam pressure sticker, the rigid plastic core, and the silicon sleeve.

I have a related problem wherein if I play a graphically intensive app such as games with 3d sprites, that the phone will eventually overheat and lose connection with the sim card, and the problem is worse in the case than out of it because of the multiple thick layers. I worry one of these days it will cook off my sim card.
13th February 2013, 10:35 PM   |  #116  
San Diego
Thanks Meter: 566

1,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyGloveMobile

Just thought I would let you know I heard a rumor about a new case that comes out in March called the "Shocksuit" by Body Glove Mobile... I have seen the produtypes a couple times and it looks sweet!

Definitely protective and super slim!

Wow only took you guys what 10 months after the release of the phone to get a prototype built. You have a partnership with AT&T's R&D department?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 954wrecker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2013, 01:04 AM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 10

74 posts
I really like my Ballistic case. Only issue that I have with it is the "BALLISTIC" text will get burned into the back of your phone (can be wiped off)
21st February 2013, 06:36 PM   |  #118  

8 posts
Re: Best case for HTC One X
I really like my Ballistic case too.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
21st February 2013, 11:12 PM   |  #119  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 36

494 posts
More
Me three. I love the Ballistic case. Can't go wrong with it.
22nd February 2013, 09:41 PM   |  #120  

2 posts
I just got the otterbox commuter in night blue...I hated it for the first few hours that I had it on due to the stiffness of the buttons but it has definitely grown on me overnight and this will probably be the case I use long term.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread