5,593,293 Members 33,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best case for HTC One X

Tip us?
 
cfn87
Old
#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 281
Join Date: Jul 2012
Cool man! I don't doubt you will like it. I'm staying tuned to this thread as I have a bit of a case addiction.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
SGS4 - current
SGS III - retired
HTC One XL - retired - don't mistake "build materials" for "build quality"
Google Nexus 7 - sold
The Following User Says Thank You to cfn87 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Envynet
Old
#12  
Envynet's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 51
Posts: 714
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Columbus
My wife uses the incipio sillicrylic it is a nice case, however I just cant stand the case being loose on the sides of my phone. I am using the speck candyshell and it is built well with no flapping of the inner layers.

The only knock against the candyshell is don't plan on taking it off and on a lot it is a beast to get the case off the phone.
Current Device
HTC One X
Rom: KingCobraX 1.5
Kernel: Beastmode
My Old Theme: Slate Sense
Recovery: twrp latest
Donate Link
The Following User Says Thank You to Envynet For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
damagecase13
Old
#13  
damagecase13's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 76
Join Date: May 2007
Right now I'm using the Speck Candyshell with a Steinheil ultra crystal (I think) screen protector. I cn honestly say that out off all the cases I've used on all the phones I've owned, it seriously is amazing. Best one I've ever used. I always had an issue with dust, dirt, lint, or whatever else getting into my cases. So I started cleaning them every day. Well with this case, it's not an issue one bit!! It's a hybrid case. So it has a rock hard outer shell, with a nice hard silicone inside. The corners are almost "split" So if you drop it, the silicone will absorb all of the impact. Also, the edges on the front around the screen are all that same hard silicone. Couple it with a good seen protector and your good to go!!

Since its a hybrid case it doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all. It's amazing. Buttons all work perfect too.

It might be on the the expensive side, and a b*tch to get on and off at first... But it is WELL worth it!



Sent from my HTC One X on CM10!
The Following User Says Thank You to damagecase13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cappyandroid
Old
#14  
cappyandroid's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 66
Join Date: Feb 2011
I love my ROCK Quicksand case, looks great and adds no bulk, but grip. Won't protect your phone much, but.....be careful with it..
BB 8310 - retired
BB 9000 - retired
BB 8900 - retired
Samsung Captivate - has mind of its own
HTC Inspire 4G - sold
Sidekick LX - retired
HTC HD2 - cause of death, unknown
HTC HD2 - took a swim
LG G2x - retired
HTC One X - ....finally
The Following User Says Thank You to cappyandroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
d0wnti.me
Old
#15  
d0wnti.me's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: eight one four
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagecase13 View Post
Right now I'm using the Speck Candyshell with a Steinheil ultra crystal (I think) screen protector. I cn honestly say that out off all the cases I've used on all the phones I've owned, it seriously is amazing. Best one I've ever used. I always had an issue with dust, dirt, lint, or whatever else getting into my cases. So I started cleaning them every day. Well with this case, it's not an issue one bit!! It's a hybrid case. So it has a rock hard outer shell, with a nice hard silicone inside. The corners are almost "split" So if you drop it, the silicone will absorb all of the impact. Also, the edges on the front around the screen are all that same hard silicone. Couple it with a good seen protector and your good to go!!

Since its a hybrid case it doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all. It's amazing. Buttons all work perfect too.

It might be on the the expensive side, and a b*tch to get on and off at first... But it is WELL worth it!



Sent from my HTC One X on CM10!
I'm leaning towards this combination as another option. Thank you for the valuable insight
Current device(s):

White Nexus V

&

Nexus VII



Former devices:
Nexus IV
White HTC One X - thanks to Toaster Strudels
White xt910 - thanks to mlee1999
Olympus (Atrix)
Liberty (Aria)
 
Dottcent
Old
#16  
Dottcent's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 95
Posts: 352
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagecase13 View Post
Right now I'm using the Speck Candyshell with a Steinheil ultra crystal (I think) screen protector. I cn honestly say that out off all the cases I've used on all the phones I've owned, it seriously is amazing. Best one I've ever used. I always had an issue with dust, dirt, lint, or whatever else getting into my cases. So I started cleaning them every day. Well with this case, it's not an issue one bit!! It's a hybrid case. So it has a rock hard outer shell, with a nice hard silicone inside. The corners are almost "split" So if you drop it, the silicone will absorb all of the impact. Also, the edges on the front around the screen are all that same hard silicone. Couple it with a good seen protector and your good to go!!

Since its a hybrid case it doesn't add much thickness to the phone at all. It's amazing. Buttons all work perfect too.

It might be on the the expensive side, and a b*tch to get on and off at first... But it is WELL worth it!



Sent from my HTC One X on CM10!
+1
I have bought two Specks(red and black), both paired with Ghost Armor screen protectors...best part is how cases fitted for the 1X, w/o adding much bulk at all! Also my main concern was to protect lens - and it's just perfect...few mm over the camera

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Dottcent For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
CHRISTOPHERg
Old
#17  
CHRISTOPHERg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 17
Posts: 148
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Heredia
Diztronic, Very good price and excellent look

Sent from my One X using xda premium

LG G2 D802
HTC One
HTC Droid DNA Viper---Past
HTC One S JB-----Past
HTC One XL AOKP -----Past
Samsung Galaxy Note, MIUI 2.8.3 Vengance -Past
Samsung Galaxy Nexus, AOKP Build 36----Past
HTC Jetstream El Diablo LTE
HTC Inspire IceCold v8.0--Past
HTC EVO view HC. S-OFF, Rooted--Past
HTC Aria CM9--Past
The Following User Says Thank You to CHRISTOPHERg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
d0wnti.me
Old
#18  
d0wnti.me's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: eight one four
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0wnti.me View Post
Just purchased a incipio silicrylic, looking into the candyshell and feather cases now
So the silicrylic case arrived today I do like it however the loose silicone does bother me a little bit.

Also the ballistic slim case is not what I anticipated it to be. I'll probably be selling that and picking up the candyshell or feather case.

Thank you all for the feedback up to this point I do appreciate it greatly.
Current device(s):

White Nexus V

&

Nexus VII



Former devices:
Nexus IV
White HTC One X - thanks to Toaster Strudels
White xt910 - thanks to mlee1999
Olympus (Atrix)
Liberty (Aria)
 
cfn87
Old
#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 281
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by d0wnti.me View Post
So the silicrylic case arrived today I do like it however the loose silicone does bother me a little bit.

Also the ballistic slim case is not what I anticipated it to be. I'll probably be selling that and picking up the candyshell or feather case.

Thank you all for the feedback up to this point I do appreciate it greatly.
When playing with the silicone, yeah it is (compared to the Ballistics case for instance) but in real use it's treated me well. Did you get the incipio in a color other than black? If so, I may be interested in purchasing from you if you don't want it.
SGS4 - current
SGS III - retired
HTC One XL - retired - don't mistake "build materials" for "build quality"
Google Nexus 7 - sold
 
d0wnti.me
Old
#20  
d0wnti.me's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 57
Posts: 430
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: eight one four
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfn87 View Post
When playing with the silicone, yeah it is (compared to the Ballistics case for instance) but in real use it's treated me well. Did you get the incipio in a color other than black? If so, I may be interested in purchasing from you if you don't want it.
I got it in the grey/volt or neon whatever you want to call it. I will keep you in mind if I decide to part with it. I found it on ebay for 14.99 I believe

As for now I am going to price the other cases and go from there.
Current device(s):

White Nexus V

&

Nexus VII



Former devices:
Nexus IV
White HTC One X - thanks to Toaster Strudels
White xt910 - thanks to mlee1999
Olympus (Atrix)
Liberty (Aria)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes