Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,213 Members 39,973 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon droid bionic on straight talk

Tip us?

Ben Hype-Man Ricks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon droid bionic on straight talk

Hi i have a stock Droid Bionic model #XT875. I have a a straight talk at&t sim card. I need to know the step by step process to be able to make it work. This is my first time doing this. Plz help.

silversonic1
Old
Thanks Meter 20
It's hard enough to get these things onto T-Mobile. (wink wink) I wish you the best of luck.
Current Phone: Droid Bionic with 16GB card.
The Following User Says Thank You to silversonic1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben Hype-Man Ricks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversonic1 View Post
It's hard enough to get these things onto T-Mobile. (wink wink) I wish you the best of luck.
hi can u give me the basic so i can start programming, or should i send the straight talk at&t sim back and get a t mobile one ?

geekabilly
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Try this
I yam what I yam
The Following User Says Thank You to geekabilly For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ben Hype-Man Ricks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default stock Droid Bionic model #XT875.

geekabilly thank you for that helpful link. i just have some questions about it. if anyone could help that would be great-full.

1. Install drivers - i download the zip files to my computer (bionic.zip and the drivers.zip.) where do i unzip the files too ? is there a certain file on my computer that i must place them in till i drop them on my bionic? i don't know where to extract them to if that means to my computer or phone . you know what i mean.In other words what file do i drop it into on my phone and witch one do i load on my computer?

4. Root the phone with motofail (click the run file)------- this part is really not detailed to where i get this from and where i place it at help on this.

5. Install Bootstrap by moving BionicBootstrap.apk to sd card,enable external sources settings->apps->unknown sources, install, and run install bootloader, and after success exit --- the only part i need help on this one is bootstrap by moving bionincbootstrap.apk. in other words where is this located?

thank you alot geekabilly.

Ben Hype-Man Ricks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up completed everything working

everything working on straight talk droid bionic. rooted flashed rom cm11 . changed radio bands to gsm . patched with buildprop , safestrap complete thanks to all the help from geekbilly rootjunky and everyone at xda and team CM. HSPA (3G) msgs and in/outbound calling . radiocom was a big help if anyone needs a step by step process i can help. thx guys. I get no errors what so ever. Oh yeah and I get ALL BARS !!! i live in the booneys and i still even get 3 bars out here and when in the city im at top speed. oh yeah motofail.