LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

[Q] Verizon droid bionic on straight talk

OP Ben Hype-Man Ricks

13th September 2012, 10:54 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
Hi i have a stock Droid Bionic model #XT875. I have a a straight talk at&t sim card. I need to know the step by step process to be able to make it work. This is my first time doing this. Plz help.
13th September 2012, 01:16 PM   |  #2  
Grove, OK
Thanks Meter: 20

212 posts
More
It's hard enough to get these things onto T-Mobile. (wink wink) I wish you the best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to silversonic1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversonic1

It's hard enough to get these things onto T-Mobile. (wink wink) I wish you the best of luck.

hi can u give me the basic so i can start programming, or should i send the straight talk at&t sim back and get a t mobile one ?
14th September 2012, 09:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 25

160 posts
Try this
The Following User Says Thank You to geekabilly For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2012, 01:18 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
stock Droid Bionic model #XT875.
geekabilly thank you for that helpful link. i just have some questions about it. if anyone could help that would be great-full.

1. Install drivers - i download the zip files to my computer (bionic.zip and the drivers.zip.) where do i unzip the files too ? is there a certain file on my computer that i must place them in till i drop them on my bionic? i don't know where to extract them to if that means to my computer or phone . you know what i mean.In other words what file do i drop it into on my phone and witch one do i load on my computer?

4. Root the phone with motofail (click the run file)------- this part is really not detailed to where i get this from and where i place it at help on this.

5. Install Bootstrap by moving BionicBootstrap.apk to sd card,enable external sources settings->apps->unknown sources, install, and run install bootloader, and after success exit --- the only part i need help on this one is bootstrap by moving bionincbootstrap.apk. in other words where is this located?

thank you alot geekabilly.
27th May 2014, 04:48 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Thumbs up completed everything working
everything working on straight talk droid bionic. rooted flashed rom cm11 . changed radio bands to gsm . patched with buildprop , safestrap complete thanks to all the help from geekbilly rootjunky and everyone at xda and team CM. HSPA (3G) msgs and in/outbound calling . radiocom was a big help if anyone needs a step by step process i can help. thx guys. I get no errors what so ever. Oh yeah and I get ALL BARS !!! i live in the booneys and i still even get 3 bars out here and when in the city im at top speed. oh yeah motofail.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread