5,594,151 Members 46,501 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom]Kindle Fire 2nd Generation Rom Update Version 10.2.6(2013-01-26)

Tip us?

superriku11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think if you removed the files and lines in the updater-script that flash any sort of bootloader or recovery, you should be fine.

If you can strip everything out except the system ROM itself, then you should be able to get that alone to install via TWRP without issue. It'd be like installing any other ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to superriku11 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chronicfathead
Old
(Last edited by chronicfathead; 1st December 2012 at 05:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Have just had one bought for me for Christmas, while the Black Friday deal was on. 99 for the Kindle Fire 2, so many people must have picked one up.

Does anyone know how long it took to get root access on the original Fire?

Edit: I see people are managing to get root. Maybe we need a couple of step by step guides that state exactly how people are getting root access. Make it as simple as possible to encourage the community?

ryantek
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronicfathead View Post
Have just had one bought for me for Christmas, while the Black Friday deal was on. 99 for the Kindle Fire 2, so many people must have picked one up.

Does anyone know how long it took to get root access on the original Fire?

Edit: I see people are managing to get root. Maybe we need a couple of step by step guides that state exactly how people are getting root access. Make it as simple as possible to encourage the community?
I have been looking for something like that. But everywhere I see they are inconsistency on how to obtain root, and Google play access. Also it looks like the kindles updates Amazon has this table locked down to the teeth.

esatchel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantek View Post
I have been looking for something like that. But everywhere I see they are inconsistency on how to obtain root, and Google play access. Also it looks like the kindles updates Amazon has this table locked down to the teeth.
There was a thread in the forum up earlier this week.....it helped me obtain root access on my KF2, and Google play access.. I don't know why it was removed or moved. It wasn't that hard once I got Win7 64 to recognize the KF2 with the ADB driver.

BookCase
Old
(Last edited by BookCase; 5th December 2012 at 11:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by esatchel View Post
There was a thread in the forum up earlier this week.....it helped me obtain root access on my KF2, and Google play access.. I don't know why it was removed or moved. It wasn't that hard once I got Win7 64 to recognize the KF2 with the ADB driver.
It was moved to http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=34779123 by a moderator due to the rules of the forum. But, personally, I think it belongs here.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

-

-
The Following User Says Thank You to BookCase For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b.huss2
Old
Thanks Meter 370
I already had an og kfire and was really pleased with it now that it's running Hashcodes AOSP 4.1.2. I just got 2 new kfires and opened up and started right away to unlock and install the same thing I have on my og fire. Well I soon found out they are gen2 fires and Then I found out there's no development on them yet.

Is the gen2 new and development just hasn't gotten rolling yet? I sure hope that's the case.

BookCase
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2 View Post
I already had an og kfire and was really pleased with it now that it's running Hashcodes AOSP 4.1.2. I just got 2 new kfires and opened up and started right away to unlock and install the same thing I have on my og fire. Well I soon found out they are gen2 fires and Then I found out there's no development on them yet.

Is the gen2 new and development just hasn't gotten rolling yet? I sure hope that's the case.
Yes, its new and we are working on a permanent root solution, at the moment. No ROMs have been developed yet but, Temp root has been achieved for some and Google Play Store. Hang in there!

-

-
The Following User Says Thank You to BookCase For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AkC-Kiev
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCase View Post
Yes, its new and we are working on a permanent root solution, at the moment. No ROMs have been developed yet but, Temp root has been achieved for some and Google Play Store. Hang in there!
Actually, this method don't work after latest firmware update (10.2.3). I'm really sad. First thing, that everyone must to do is disable automatic updates after getting root. But how?

b.huss2
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCase View Post

I played around with them for a few minutes and I just decided to send them back. got 2 N7's instead. I was wanting to make them like the n7 and save a few bucks anyway so it just made sense to spend a little more and cut to the chase.

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 296
I repeat do not try to root 10.24 you will be stuck in a boot loop on fast flashing kindle logo if you happen to have done it like me just slowly go into settings and do a factory reset it will finally restore eventually its so slow make sure the wifi is on it will deregister your device.
Device 1 Nokia lumina 1520 yellow 32gb stock
Device 2 Samsung galaxy note 2 4.3 stock N7100 16gb
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken evasion)
Device 4 Samsung galaxy gear stock rom sideloaded apps & (sony z ultra GPE)
Device 5 Ipod nano 16gb silver