Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,533 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Rom]Kindle Fire 2nd Generation Rom Update Version 10.2.6(2013-01-26)

Tip us?

jutley
Old
Thanks Meter 305
Ok i reran the same procedure and it works i now have root on 10.24 cool.
Device 1 LG G3 D855 16gb Gold stock
Device 2 Google Nexus 2013 32gb rooted Developer L preview 2 rom
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken pandu)
Device 4 Nvidia shield stock 4.4.2
Device 5 Dell Alienware M17 R5 16gb ram, I7 4700mq R9 M290X 4gb.
The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

homiemandude
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
Ok i reran the same procedure and it works i now have root on 10.24 cool.

what procedure? is it for the second gen 10.2.4?

BookCase
Old
(Last edited by BookCase; 20th December 2012 at 05:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 157
Anyone know if its possible to flash back to an older version, say 10.2.3? For the life of me, I cannot regain root on the latest update. Every tool I try keeps giving me "permission denied". I even tried some older methods like z4root. Im going crazy here.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it! Rooted Version 10.2.4

-

-

zach.xtr
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCase View Post
Anyone know if its possible to flash back to an older version, say 10.2.3? For the life of me, I cannot regain root on the latest update. Every tool I try keeps giving me "permission denied". I even tried some older methods like z4root. Im going crazy here.

So have two new Kindles with version 10.2.4 and this did not work... After looking through the various .bat and .sh the commands are not much different than what is typed via adb... Can anyone shed light on what is actually getting the root done?

P.S. I had one of the devices root when I first opened it (it was on version 10.2.1) and made the mistake of connecting to the internet before turning off the auto system updates and it freekin updated on my to version 10.2.4 removing root.
AT&T Samsung Rugby Pro rooted

ARCHIVE WORK
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC Eris - VanillaASOP - xtrROM - xtrSENSE

drob311
Old
Thanks Meter 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCase View Post

this method is not working for me. Can you please elaborate more as to how in god's name you got this thing rooted. I bought one for my daughter and amazon's os is pure $hit. thanks in advance...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drob311 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alex1q1q
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Amazons OS is the same android but this carusel or whatever... is there any way of changing it without rooting? why did they do it?!

SilentlyScreaming
Old
Thanks Meter 19
New to Kindle, relatively new to Android, but as to why they did it, pretty simple, the carousel (especially the recommended apps/books/media you see unless the feature turned off) all lead to Amazon's infrastructure. If you buy something through Amazon, the profit is mostly theirs (minus author/developer cut obviously).

If you were using Google Play/other app store/isohunt for APKs, Amazon would see no money. Given the profit margin (or possible loss, depending on model and price it was sold at!) on these devices, they are banking on making money from you with future purchases.

That it is how it seems to me at least, sure others will chirp in should I have mis-read the situation.

(Happily side loading apps, Calibre for my e-book collection, but not yet rooted my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).)

Must update my sig sometime.

Current Devices
Box/Stick: DroidBOX X7, iMX6, Q7, M6, V9 & a couple of NoName boxes
Tablet/Phone: Kindle Fire 2 (CM10.1.3 Stable), Samsung Galaxy S5 (Stock Unlocked), Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (CM10.2 nightly), NoName Chinese WinCE6 GPS (ceFFM replacement interface)

Previous Devices
HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC TyTN II, HTC Hurricane, HTC Typhoon, iPAQ 2210, Sony Ericsson K700, SE T610, SE T68, Sony T65, Sony CD5e, other bricks

chronicfathead
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentlyScreaming View Post
New to Kindle, relatively new to Android, but as to why they did it, pretty simple, the carousel (especially the recommended apps/books/media you see unless the feature turned off) all lead to Amazon's infrastructure. If you buy something through Amazon, the profit is mostly theirs (minus author/developer cut obviously).

If you were using Google Play/other app store/isohunt for APKs, Amazon would see no money. Given the profit margin (or possible loss, depending on model and price it was sold at!) on these devices, they are banking on making money from you with future purchases.

That it is how it seems to me at least, sure others will chirp in should I have mis-read the situation.

(Happily side loading apps, Calibre for my e-book collection, but not yet rooted my Kindle Fire (2nd Gen).)

Must update my sig sometime.
Spot on. The Kindle Fire for most people is a media consumption device, not a tablet. I don't mind it, and for 99 it was a steal.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
[SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][LIST][*]LG G2 - D80210b-EUR-XX. .................running CloudyG3, rooted with Philz Advanced recovery
[*]Kindle Fire 2 ................................running CM11, rooted with TWRP recovery

drob311
Old
Thanks Meter 960
I finally got it rooted... My daughter didn't like Amazon's app store and I'm too lazy to side load the 50 apps and games she will want... The device runs great and now looks like a "regular" tablet. :beer:

Sent from my EVO using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

padest.com
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
2013-01-26 updated to V10.2.6