Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,293 Members 38,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Off-topic: Other device discussions including iPhone and upgrading

Tip us?

Insidious
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Hey GS3 owners, I have an upgrade in November and am wondering what your thoughts are on the gs3 after owning it for a few months. I would get the Gnote 2 but Samsung is going to halt the releasing of their proprietary code so getting aosp to work will be much harder.

Sent from my Rezound using xda app-developers app
Lumia 928

Deadline-007
Old
Thanks Meter 3
In my view iphone have way more better support then any android phone and that's why iphone will be better for sure.

shojus
Old
Thanks Meter 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadline-007 View Post
In my view iphone have way more better support then any android phone and that's why iphone will be better for sure.
Judging by your post you are probably were either squinting to type this comment or You definitely need that extra support feature.... LOL j/k, had to say something....
Current Devices:

HTC One (M8) on Verizon **S-Off on ACR rom w/ CodeCraft 2.8 OC kernel**
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon ** Rooted w/Safestrap 3.72 recovery on leaked KitKat build**

** Donate to your favorite Devs! They have made your device worth using! **

Jabuc88
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadline-007 View Post
Support from who Apple?? I would beg to differ, the forum you're on now offers better andriod support then Apple could ever give the iPhone IMO

Patr1ck.
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabuc88 View Post
Support from who Apple?? I would beg to differ, the forum you're on now offers better andriod support then Apple could ever give the iPhone IMO
...and the best part is, it's FREE! Sure apple will gladly troubleshoot and fix your iPhone but for a fee.

Zalithian
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Iphone 5 - still no removable battery and SD card. Laughable.

ExcludedDroid
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Yet the norm for Nexus devices is to also have a non-removable battery and no expandable memory. Hehe. Love Nexus devices though!

hchristy2013
Old
Thanks Meter 24
So I had a pretty strange experience with my galaxy S3 tonight, it started freaking out at my neighbors house, the browser wouldn't respond so I pulled the battery and when I turned it back on there was a lock that was unlocked, and it said custom below it. I was shocked and I scoffed because I've not done anything to my phone yet,
Hank S. Christy
Class of 2013, Archbishop Curley High School

nghtrain88
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hey guys.. new to the xda board but no stranger to the online forum world.. it's only fitting my first post is in an iPhone bashing thread Only area I'd give it the upper edge is the display and fluidity of the UI.

Hmong_Xiong
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Has anybody see the Blendtec video where they blend the iPhone 5 and Galaxy S3? The iPhone 5 literally shredded to pieces way before the GS3 did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nghtrain88 View Post
Hey guys.. new to the xda board but no stranger to the online forum world.. it's only fitting my first post is in an iPhone bashing thread Only area I'd give it the upper edge is the display and fluidity of the UI.
Idk...I really love my GS3's display and a customizable UI with widgets and live wallpapers

Sent from my SCH-I535
Phones: Motorola Droid - Motorola Droid 2 - Motorola Droid RAZR - HTC Inspire 4G - Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate - Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-I535 - Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545

Tablets: Motorola Xoom - Asus Transformer Pad TF300T - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 - Asus Transformer Infinity Pad TF700T - Asus Google Nexus 7

Laptops:
HP Envy M6
6GB
AMD A10 4600M
ATI Radeon HD 7660G

Asus G75VX
8GB
Intel i7 3630QM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 670MX