Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 3611
Default [Q] What can I safely delete?

According to SD card Analyst I have

Clockworkmod: 1.99GB
TWRP: 1.12GB
TBU: 383MB

As you can imagine, that is a BIG chunk out of my 6GB total!

I have flashed lots of ROMs in the last couple of weeks but I have now settled on one. AFAIK all I need to keep is the current bakup in TWRP in case anything happens.

I would be glad for some advice as to what I can safely delete. I don't want to make a mistake as my system is running brilliantly right now.

Many thanks for any help!

cvcduty
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather View Post

I have flashed lots of ROMs in the last couple of weeks but I have now settled on one. AFAIK all I need to keep is the current bakup in TWRP in case anything happens.

I would be glad for some advice as to what I can safely delete. I don't want to make a mistake as my system is running brilliantly right now.

As you already said, you should keep the TWRP backup as a safety net... The dated folders in the Clockworkmod can be deleted if you don't need to use them any more. Just leave the main folder but delete the sub folders.
TBU backups are just your apps + data... if you don't need data restored (since you probably have them in your TWRP backup) you can delete the contents there as well.
My toys...
SG Note II - JB Stock
Captivate - AOSP JB
Touchpad - OaT LnT JB
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - Eryigit KPA GB Rom - Rls 3.5
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 INTL - CM10 Nightly
Galaxy Player WiFi 5.0 US - CM10 Nightly
Streak 7 - ICS -B4 CM9
Dinc 2 - GB Stock
AspireOne NetBook - Windows 7/Windows 8 Pre/Ubuntu/Android X86 (ICS)
Logitech GoogleTV - HC 3.2
Nexus 7 16GB - JB Rooted
MK802
Xperia Play R800X - GB
The Following User Says Thank You to cvcduty For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RockNrolling
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangerWeather View Post

I agree with cvcduty, but I just wondered if there was a reason you use both TWRP and Clockworkmod, especially on an 8GB N7 with limited space. I've always just used CWM, so I was curious

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to RockNrolling For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StrangerWeather
Old
Thanks Meter 3611
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNrolling View Post
I agree with cvcduty, but I just wondered if there was a reason you use both TWRP and Clockworkmod, especially on an 8GB N7 with limited space. I've always just used CWM, so I was curious

Sent from my Paranoid Nexus 7
Well, to be honest the answer is a bit silly: I am not aware of having used CWM, I didn't even know I had it!
Can I uninstall it altogether? And if so, how?
The Following User Says Thank You to StrangerWeather For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

StrangerWeather
Old
Thanks Meter 3611
In CWM, there is a folder called Blobs with 1.78GB worth of folders. Is it safe to delete it?

Alex240188
Old
Thanks Meter 631
If you don't use cwm then yes you can delete it.
I removed mine aswell as I have a nandroid backup on my PC which I can adb push if worst comes

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex240188 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidcues
Old
Thanks Meter 91
The clockworkmod APK

and

The clockworkmod RECOVERY

both use that same folder. Every time you flash a cyanogen Rom it had the apk installed by default. So that's where it's coming from.

In the folder back up the Nandroid folder or the one with data system recovery files (140-250mb) to your computer and then delete the whole dang folder if you do not use clockwork recovery.

As for titanium you can use the cloud storage feature and save another 500mb

carved via Ville
grouper / htc ville tmous one-s / otter -kindle fire /htc vision -tmous g2 / htc dream - tmous g1
seriously, i love the Android community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to androidcues For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]