Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ADB Connection to The Fire HD

Tip us?

dburckh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91

DONATE TO ME
Default ADB Connection to The Fire HD

This is useful to anybody trying to get ADB going. I can confirm it works.

https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/fire/connect-adb.html

No OTG support as far as I can tell. Or at least, it doesn't power the bus. It did lock when I added a powered hub. That might mean it works, but doesn't supply power.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dburckh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reverendkjr
Old
Thanks Meter 849
I'm not getting ADB to recognize the KFHD.

Yes, I have debugging turned on.

Yes, in Device Manager, I see the Kindle Fire as a Composite ADB Interface

Yes, my AndroidSDK is up to date

Yes, I installed the Amazon drivers

Yes, I killed and restarted the adb server

I cannot figure out why it's not talking. It looks as if it should be working. Any ideas?
Come visit the REVTV Website

DOWNLOAD MY APP FROM THE MARKET

Current Devices: HTC Sensation 4G, Amazon Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad... AND A GOOGLE NEXUS 7
YouTube Channel
Facebook Page
Twitter Page
Google+ Page

tansy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had to go to:
C:\Users\myusername\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add the following line:
0x1949

Then I killed and restarted adb and it saw it and I was able to install some apks.

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendkjr View Post
I'm not getting ADB to recognize the KFHD.

Yes, I have debugging turned on.

Yes, in Device Manager, I see the Kindle Fire as a Composite ADB Interface

Yes, my AndroidSDK is up to date

Yes, I installed the Amazon drivers

Yes, I killed and restarted the adb server

I cannot figure out why it's not talking. It looks as if it should be working. Any ideas?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tansy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

original_ganjaman
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4836
Thread Moved

As the contains no development.

Age, catamite - fac mihi hunc diem felicissimum

androitri
Old
Thanks Meter 4
How activate USB Debugging on Kindle Fire HD 7 ? Or this option activated by default ?

mssabbagh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by androitri View Post
How activate USB Debugging on Kindle Fire HD 7 ? Or this option activated by default ?
from the notification area click on more , security , ADB on
The Following User Says Thank You to mssabbagh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PMcHargue
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default ADB doesn't see my Kindle HD 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by androitri View Post
Awesome, want to try it when I receive my HD 7 this week...
I picked up the downloads for the Qmenuroot. Installed the ADB drivers referred to in the OP. In my Win7 system's devices manager, I see the ADB driver for the Kindle Fire HD listed as working correctly. Also, the USB driver is in & working, and I can transfer files to/from the kindle. (though I had to re-install the USB driver after I installed the ADB driver)

The problem now is that when I type "ADB devices", it tells me that there are no devices available. Unplug/plug in the USB connection, wait for a bit, "ADB kill-server", "ADB devices" and still no devices available. I have a CMD prompt open in the correct directory. Tried rebooting the kindle, unplug/plug in the USB connector, all kinds of combinations.

I'd like to root this, in anticipation of a JB build for it, (or even ICS) but without ADB, I don't see how.

Has anyone had an issue like this that they have solved? I haven't mastered ADB in any sense, though I've used it to good effect before to un-brick my TF101.

TIA;
Patrick

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tansy View Post
I had to go to:
C:\Users\myusername\.android and edit the adb_usb.ini and add the following line:
0x1949

Then I killed and restarted adb and it saw it and I was able to install some apks.

Hope this helps!
Well, I added the magic line you suggested, and this now works for me. I'm surprised that running "C:\android-sdk\tools\android.bat update adb" (the corrct directory for me) didn't fix this.

Ah well - so many things to learn. Thanks for your guidance.

Pat

dotvezz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tansy View Post
I had to go to:
0x1949

Hope this helps!
This didn't do anything for me. Any other ideas?

Zimblotnik
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Driver install problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotvezz View Post
This didn't do anything for me. Any other ideas?
Hi,

I just had the same problem, added the line in the ini file, checked everything. One thing that was a little off was that the driver name was "Android ADB Interface" not "Android Composite ADB Interface". I left the Kindle HD plugged into the computer by mistake when I deleted the driver, and the driver reinstalled itself in about 30 seconds (plug and play). It installed as the "Android Composite ADB Interface". After that it was easy going to root it and get to my google play account.

I hope that helps someone!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimblotnik For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PMcHargue
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimblotnik View Post
Hi,

I just had the same problem, added the line in the ini file, checked everything. One thing that was a little off was that the driver name was "Android ADB Interface" not "Android Composite ADB Interface". I left the Kindle HD plugged into the computer by mistake when I deleted the driver, and the driver reinstalled itself in about 30 seconds (plug and play). It installed as the "Android Composite ADB Interface". After that it was easy going to root it and get to my google play account.

I hope that helps someone!
This worked for me, thank you. ADB can now 'see' my KFHD 7, and I was able to revert a file from backup to get it to boot again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMcHargue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]