Post Reply

[How To] Deodex ICS Strictly for Xperia S .45 & .50

15th September 2012, 02:44 PM   |  #1  
iamsuperuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Deodexed using DsiXda's Rom kitchen, so credit goes to DsiXda.

Do it at your own risk ! I'm just as NOOB as any on this forum. I just followed few topics and made this up.

I'm not responsible if your Xperia S gets bricked , because mine is working fine.

Follow steps correctly or else you get bootloops and you have to flash your rom again.

Your SXS must be rooted (with Locked Bootloader or Unlocked boot loader) on Stock ICS ROM 6.1.A.2.45 without any mods like toggles or reboot menus.

So i recommend to do this just after you flash & root your Stock ICS ROM 6.1.A.2.45.

Install Latest 'BusyBox' from Andriod Market.

Make complete backup first.

Step1: Downloading & Copying files on to phone's internal storage

These are NOT and i repeat NOT flashable zips through recovery.

Extracting the below zips on your PC you get two folders namely done_app & done_frame.

Copy these two folders on to your Xperia S. (Please Do Not rename the folders)

Deodexed_app .45(146mb)

Deodexed_frame .45(24mb)

Deodexed_app .50(150mb)

Deodexed_frame .50(24mb)


Step2:
Pushing them onto your phone. (Adopted from xUltimate method, credits to him )


You should have ADB correctly setup on your PC.

Turn on your Xperia S.

Enable Settings>Security>Unknown Sources.

Enable Settings>Developer Options>Usb Debugging.

Disable Xperia>Connectivity>Install PC Companinon.

Connect phone to your PC . Wait for PC to show up internal storage.

Go to 'platform-tools' folder in your adnroid-sdk folder, hold shift down and right click mouse, select 'Open Command window here' , You'll get a cmd window.

Enter the below code in the cmd window line by line

Code:
adb shell

su

stop

mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/

cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/

rm /system/app/*.odex

cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/

rm /system/framework/*.odex

mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/

reboot
After the phone reboots you'll have deodexed rom.

I also made 30 steps Volume mod i'll share it once deodexing works perfectly for you guys because it works only on deodexed roms. Have fun !
Last edited by iamsuperuser; 10th October 2012 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Updated links
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to iamsuperuser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 05:39 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperuser

Great ! Thanks for your interest. Deodexed using DsiXda's Rom kitchen, so credit goes to DsiXda.

Do it at your own risk ! I'm just as NOOB as any on this forum. I just followed few topics and made this up.

I'm not responsible if your Xperia S gets bricked , because mine is working fine.

Follow steps correctly or else you get bootloops and you have to flash your rom again.

Your SXS must be rooted (with Locked Bootloader or Unlocked boot loader) on Stock ICS ROM 6.1.A.2.45 without any mods like toggles or reboot menus.

So i recommend to do this just after you flash & root your Stock ICS ROM 6.1.A.2.45.

Install Latest 'Busybox' from Andriod Market.

Make complete backup first.

Step1: Downloading & Copying files on to phone's internal storage

These are NOT and i repeat NOT flashable zips through recovery.

Extracting the below zips on your PC you get two folders namely done_app & done_frame.

Copy these two folders on to your Xperia S. (Please Do Not rename the folders)

Deodexed_app(146mb)

Deodexed_frame(24mb)


Step2:
Pushing them onto your phone. (Adopted from xUltimate method, credits to him )


You should have ADB correctly setup on your PC.

Turn on your Xperia S.

Enable Settings>Security>Unknown Sources.

Enable Settings>Developer Options>Usb Debugging.

Disable Xperia>Connectivity>Install PC Companinon.

Connect phone to your PC . Wait for PC to show up internal storage.

Go to 'platform-tools' folder in your adnroid-sdk folder, hold shift down and right click mouse, select 'Open Command window here' , You'll get a cmd window.

Enter the below code in the cmd window line by line

Code:
adb shell

su

stop

mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/

cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/

rm /system/app/*.odex

cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/

rm /system/framework/*.odex

mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/

reboot
After the phone reboots you'll have deodexed rom.

I also made 30 steps Volume mod i'll share it once deodexing works perfectly for you guys because it works only on deodexed roms. Have fun !


this should be stickied! Post this in Development mate!
The Following User Says Thank You to LokiDemi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
I've been waiting for this. I'll try it with pdroid once I have the time.
Last edited by blakwhite; 18th September 2012 at 06:12 PM.
18th September 2012, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
60 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakwhite

I've been waiting for this. I'll try it with pdroid once I have the time.

Report back I wanna try this too! But I'm kind of busy
18th September 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #5  
-Harsh-'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rajkot
Thanks Meter: 1,084
 
922 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperuser

Great ! Thanks for your interest. Deodexed using DsiXda's Rom kitchen, so credit goes to DsiXda.

Do it at your own risk ! I'm just as NOOB as any on this forum. I just followed few topics and made this up.

I'm not responsible if your Xperia S gets bricked , because mine is working fine.

Follow steps correctly or else you get bootloops and you have to flash your rom again.

Your SXS must be rooted (with Locked Bootloader or Unlocked boot loader) on Stock ICS ROM 6.1.A.2.45 without any mods like toggles or reboot menus.

So i recommend to do this just after you flash & root your Stock ICS ROM 6.1.A.2.45.

Install Latest 'Busybox' from Andriod Market.

Make complete backup first.

Step1: Downloading & Copying files on to phone's internal storage

These are NOT and i repeat NOT flashable zips through recovery.

Extracting the below zips on your PC you get two folders namely done_app & done_frame.

Copy these two folders on to your Xperia S. (Please Do Not rename the folders)

Deodexed_app(146mb)

Deodexed_frame(24mb)


Step2:
Pushing them onto your phone. (Adopted from xUltimate method, credits to him )


You should have ADB correctly setup on your PC.

Turn on your Xperia S.

Enable Settings>Security>Unknown Sources.

Enable Settings>Developer Options>Usb Debugging.

Disable Xperia>Connectivity>Install PC Companinon.

Connect phone to your PC . Wait for PC to show up internal storage.

Go to 'platform-tools' folder in your adnroid-sdk folder, hold shift down and right click mouse, select 'Open Command window here' , You'll get a cmd window.

Enter the below code in the cmd window line by line

Code:
adb shell

su

stop

mount -o rw,remount /system/ /system/

cp /sdcard/done_app/* /system/app/

rm /system/app/*.odex

cp /sdcard/done_frame/* /system/framework/

rm /system/framework/*.odex

mount -o ro,remount /system/ /system/

reboot
After the phone reboots you'll have deodexed rom.

I also made 30 steps Volume mod i'll share it once deodexing works perfectly for you guys because it works only on deodexed roms. Have fun !

Mate you got to share the 3o step volume thing..


Sent from my LT26i using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to -Harsh- For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2012, 07:45 PM   |  #6  
iamsuperuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsh7689

Mate you got to share the 3o step volume thing..


Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

No big deal man chill ! Let some of the users confirm this method, I'll share it. It is only for deodex users. If I share it now stock odex users will have bootloops.
21st September 2012, 09:24 AM   |  #7  
iamsuperuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Links Updated. Please discard old files and download new ones .
21st September 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #8  
s-X-s's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 192
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
great work buddy...
25th September 2012, 04:53 AM   |  #9  
iamsuperuser's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 86
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Has anyone tried this yet ?? Please give feedback so that i can post in development section.
25th September 2012, 01:42 PM   |  #10  
s-X-s's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 192
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsuperuser

Has anyone tried this yet ?? Please give feedback so that i can post in development section.

I'm trying it... will post as soon as i finished...

I have done it.. all step went without any errors... after reboot showed rebuilding cache (android is updating showed up).. no .odex in app folder..

I hope thats... DeOdexed...voilaa....
Last edited by s-X-s; 25th September 2012 at 03:26 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to s-X-s For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia S Android Development by ThreadRank