5,593,458 Members 36,567 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]

Tip us?

namian_semazen
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Question Can I?

Actually i want to use PA-PREF.apk without using the whole rom. Excuse me for my dumb question. I'm wondering, can i pull out paranoid preferences.apk then put it into any other custom rom? Can it be use inside non paranoid rom? If it could, how can i put "Paranoid Preferences or Hybrid Properties'' also the PA icon as a sub menu in setting.apk and what other file that i must put along with noid pref.apk to make sure it can fully work n can be use inside non-PA rom? If anybody know how to do it, please reply me. This is only my crazy idea, to use it inside other rom. I'm not forcing anyone to tell me how to do it or tell me to use the search button. I already hit the search button before post this reply here. So please, if u know about this i'm glad to hear your oppinient. I'm really want to have those preferences inside my daily use rom. But, if noid pref.apk could not work outside paranoid rom, so i will not think about this anymore. Btw, Paranoid Rom were totally awsome/ really love those per app dpi/colour.

Sorry for my english. I'll try to learn it no matter how

xallinvaynex
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecore View Post
I found PA 2.99 (pie controls) for the international HTC one X : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1727657

Anyone want to work on getting it ported?
I use the pie controls on my nexus 7, love it but its still a work in progress. There is another app out there that operates just like pie but with more features. Do a google search for LMT.APK. I am using it on my one x.
LG G Pad - LRS

Att LG G2 - Cloudystock

Nexus 4 - Carbon - Franco - sold

Nexus 7 - Carbon - Franco - gave to my son

HTC One X - S off - Venom-sold

Galaxy S2 Skyrocket-Red Pocket-CM10-sold

Motorola Xoom- Codename Android 3.4.1- sold

gr2k
Old
(Last edited by gr2k; 6th March 2013 at 08:47 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I have a HTC One XL (WWE Asia v3.17.707.1) - just to clarify, not AT&T/Telstra versions.

The device was rooted using Hasoon's toolkit and with TWRP recovery installed.

I've got S-On Without SuperCID so will i be able to flash this ROM via TWRP without issues or must i obtain S-Off?

jeffwyeh
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr2k View Post
I have a HTC One XL (WWE Asia v3.17.707.1) - just to clarify, not AT&T/Telstra versions.

The device was rooted using Hasoon's toolkit and with TWRP recovery installed.

I've got S-On Without SuperCID so will i be able to flash this ROM via TWRP without issues or must i obtain S-Off?
If you're rooted and have TWRP installed with S-On, it depends on your hboot version.

If you have hboot 1.09 or lower, you can flash the rom in TWRP and you're done.

If you have hboot 1.14 or higher, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img first, then flash the rom through TWRP.

XsMagical
Old
Thanks Meter 6305

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]

He could always use flash image gui so he don't need the computer.

Stroked from my Dirty Nocturnal'd Optimus G
The Following User Says Thank You to XsMagical For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gr2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyeh View Post
If you're rooted and have TWRP installed with S-On, it depends on your hboot version.

If you have hboot 1.09 or lower, you can flash the rom in TWRP and you're done.

If you have hboot 1.14 or higher, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img first, then flash the rom through TWRP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMagical View Post
He could always use flash image gui so he don't need the computer.

Stroked from my Dirty Nocturnal'd Optimus G
Unfortunately i've got hboot 2.14...no worries, will flash the ROM in recovery and fastboot the boot.img

This method should work for all AOKP based ROMs am i right? sorry for the noobish question.

jeffwyeh
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default Re: [ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr2k View Post
Unfortunately i've got hboot 2.14...no worries, will flash the ROM in recovery and fastboot the boot.img

This method should work for all AOKP based ROMs am i right? sorry for the noobish question.
That method will work for all ROMs, Sense or AOSP (which includes AOKP, CM, etc.)

If you're comfortable with it, I would suggest you S-off your phone so you can avoid fastboot and/or the flash image gui. Good luck!

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

gr2k
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyeh View Post
That method will work for all ROMs, Sense or AOSP (which includes AOKP, CM, etc.)

If you're comfortable with it, I would suggest you S-off your phone so you can avoid fastboot and/or the flash image gui. Good luck!

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
Been having some troubles getting SuperCID (to my limited knowledge apparently its because of hboot 2.14) so S-Off isn't an option for me right now.

No worries though, coming from a Galaxy Nexus, flashing images via fastboot is no stranger to me..hehehe thanks for all the support!

Wubbz
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Any news if we will be seeing AOSPA 3+ in the future?
Primary Devices:
LG Google Nexus 5 | LG D820 | HAMMERHEAD
ROM: AOSPA 4+ | KERNEL: franco.Kernel | RECOVERY: TWRP
Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) | Flo
ROM: AOSPA 4+ | KERNEL: franco.Kernel | RECOVERY: TWRP

Dirty Flashing AOSPA 4+ since December 25th, 2013 - 12:12am

Retired Devices:
HTC One X(L) | Evita
ROM: CM10.2 | KERNEL: Stock

rohan32
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5021

DONATE TO ME
Whenever I or another dev gets off their lazy butt
If no one else does it by then I'll try to get it in this weekend. Its a lot harder to compile and make everything functional, as AOSPA is based off AOSP now, not CM, so it has zero hardware support outside of Nexus devices haha.
I had it working a while back for everything except Data and SD card mounting working, but I think those should be fixed now since Dshoe made some progress on those two fronts.
#teamkang

Follow me on Twitter
@rohanXm
for the my latest development updates

Devices:
LG Nexus 4 (DD)
Asus Nexus 7 (DD)
HTC One XL
LG Optimus G
HTC G2

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]