[ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]

OP rohan32

24th February 2013, 01:22 AM   |  #581  
Flag kedah
Thanks Meter: 7

64 posts
More
Question Can I?
Actually i want to use PA-PREF.apk without using the whole rom. Excuse me for my dumb question. I'm wondering, can i pull out paranoid preferences.apk then put it into any other custom rom? Can it be use inside non paranoid rom? If it could, how can i put "Paranoid Preferences or Hybrid Properties'' also the PA icon as a sub menu in setting.apk and what other file that i must put along with noid pref.apk to make sure it can fully work n can be use inside non-PA rom? If anybody know how to do it, please reply me. This is only my crazy idea, to use it inside other rom. I'm not forcing anyone to tell me how to do it or tell me to use the search button. I already hit the search button before post this reply here. So please, if u know about this i'm glad to hear your oppinient. I'm really want to have those preferences inside my daily use rom. But, if noid pref.apk could not work outside paranoid rom, so i will not think about this anymore. Btw, Paranoid Rom were totally awsome/ really love those per app dpi/colour.

Sorry for my english. I'll try to learn it no matter how
25th February 2013, 11:14 PM   |  #582  
Thanks Meter: 28

163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylecore

I found PA 2.99 (pie controls) for the international HTC one X : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1727657

Anyone want to work on getting it ported?

I use the pie controls on my nexus 7, love it but its still a work in progress. There is another app out there that operates just like pie but with more features. Do a google search for LMT.APK. I am using it on my one x.
6th March 2013, 09:41 AM   |  #583  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
I have a HTC One XL (WWE Asia v3.17.707.1) - just to clarify, not AT&T/Telstra versions.

The device was rooted using Hasoon's toolkit and with TWRP recovery installed.

I've got S-On Without SuperCID so will i be able to flash this ROM via TWRP without issues or must i obtain S-Off?
Last edited by gr2k; 6th March 2013 at 09:47 AM.
6th March 2013, 04:30 PM   |  #584  
Thanks Meter: 22

62 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr2k

I have a HTC One XL (WWE Asia v3.17.707.1) - just to clarify, not AT&T/Telstra versions.

The device was rooted using Hasoon's toolkit and with TWRP recovery installed.

I've got S-On Without SuperCID so will i be able to flash this ROM via TWRP without issues or must i obtain S-Off?

If you're rooted and have TWRP installed with S-On, it depends on your hboot version.

If you have hboot 1.09 or lower, you can flash the rom in TWRP and you're done.

If you have hboot 1.14 or higher, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img first, then flash the rom through TWRP.
6th March 2013, 04:42 PM   |  #585  
Flag Ft. Myers
Thanks Meter: 6,374

5,592 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: [ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]
He could always use flash image gui so he don't need the computer.

Stroked from my Dirty Nocturnal'd Optimus G
The Following User Says Thank You to XsMagical For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2013, 04:49 PM   |  #586  

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyeh

If you're rooted and have TWRP installed with S-On, it depends on your hboot version.

If you have hboot 1.09 or lower, you can flash the rom in TWRP and you're done.

If you have hboot 1.14 or higher, you'll need to use fastboot to flash the boot.img first, then flash the rom through TWRP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XsMagical

He could always use flash image gui so he don't need the computer.

Stroked from my Dirty Nocturnal'd Optimus G

Unfortunately i've got hboot 2.14...no worries, will flash the ROM in recovery and fastboot the boot.img

This method should work for all AOKP based ROMs am i right? sorry for the noobish question.
10th March 2013, 12:05 AM   |  #587  
Thanks Meter: 22

62 posts
Re: [ROM][11/09][OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid [v2.54]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr2k

Unfortunately i've got hboot 2.14...no worries, will flash the ROM in recovery and fastboot the boot.img

This method should work for all AOKP based ROMs am i right? sorry for the noobish question.

That method will work for all ROMs, Sense or AOSP (which includes AOKP, CM, etc.)

If you're comfortable with it, I would suggest you S-off your phone so you can avoid fastboot and/or the flash image gui. Good luck!

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2
10th March 2013, 01:10 AM   |  #588  

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwyeh

That method will work for all ROMs, Sense or AOSP (which includes AOKP, CM, etc.)

If you're comfortable with it, I would suggest you S-off your phone so you can avoid fastboot and/or the flash image gui. Good luck!

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

Been having some troubles getting SuperCID (to my limited knowledge apparently its because of hboot 2.14) so S-Off isn't an option for me right now.

No worries though, coming from a Galaxy Nexus, flashing images via fastboot is no stranger to me..hehehe thanks for all the support!
19th March 2013, 10:31 AM   |  #589  
Flag Wasilla, AK
Thanks Meter: 25

60 posts
More
Any news if we will be seeing AOSPA 3+ in the future?
22nd March 2013, 12:14 AM   |  #590  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 5,045

1,986 posts
Donate to Me
More
Whenever I or another dev gets off their lazy butt
If no one else does it by then I'll try to get it in this weekend. Its a lot harder to compile and make everything functional, as AOSPA is based off AOSP now, not CM, so it has zero hardware support outside of Nexus devices haha.
I had it working a while back for everything except Data and SD card mounting working, but I think those should be fixed now since Dshoe made some progress on those two fronts.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rohan32 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread