Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Discussions of all ota leaks

Tip us?

uoY_redruM
Old
Thanks Meter 1,934

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyyrocket View Post
New leak out UVDLI8
Link?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Interested in buying me a coffee? Click the 'Donate" button:

HTC One (M8)

Galaxy Tab 3

LG G2 UPGRADED

(16GB Blue) Galaxy S III - T-Mobile RETIRED

Kindle Fire RETIRED

Galaxy Nexus - GSM Unlocked STOLEN

Nexus One - RETIRED

cybrnook
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by uoY_redruM View Post
Link?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium
Google my friend :

http://www.hotfile.com/dl/172486377/...17771.zip.html

Credit goes to this guide:
http://www.teamandroid.com/2012/09/1...ta-firmware/2/

Seems you need to be on T999UVALI5 prior to flashing
If I helped, hit the thanks button.

Tatdude806
Old
(Last edited by Tatdude806; 17th September 2012 at 03:08 PM.) Reason: Cause it's good to be me BEEEOOOTCH!
Thanks Meter 26
After reading the TeamAndroid post, I am not sure this is OTA is ours... I noticed a BIG error on what version you need to be running prior to installing. It looks like a version other than the stock TMO. Anyone want to verify this?
A PROUD Owner of a Samsung Galaxy NOTE 3 (TMO),a n Asus Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi 2013) and a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (Wi-Fi)!

DocHoliday77
Old
(Last edited by DocHoliday77; 17th September 2012 at 03:59 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,026

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatdude806 View Post
After reading the TeamAndroid post, I am not sure this is OTA is ours... I noticed a BIG error on what version you need to be running prior to installing. It looks like a version other than the stock TMO. Anyone want to verify this?
Its ours. Been running with virtualy no issues since it released around midnight!
Happy flashing! :thumbup:

Edit: what is this big error you are referring to?
I wouldnt use instructions from that article btw. They leave out the steps for getting to LI5.
Cleanest way is odin UVALH2 (root66 version is fine) then in stock recovery or mobile odin flash UVALI5, then in stock recovery or mobile odin flash UVDLI8.
Been very stable for me so far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stevessvt
Old
Thanks Meter 449
2 issues I had with 7, screen flickering blue with live wallpaper and google voice wouldnt play recordings. Fixed with 8?

fishguts
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatdude806 View Post
This OTA appeared at Sammobile also with the same needed PDA

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?p...ype=1#firmware

Seems UVALI5 is the most recent ICS update? I guess I've lost track with all these tasty JB roms floating around

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,026

DONATE TO ME
Yup. LI5 is last ics so far. UVDLI8 is the one everyones been working on today. Couple roms already avail.

The Following User Says Thank You to DocHoliday77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Blackninja504
Old
(Last edited by Blackninja504; 18th September 2012 at 01:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Trying to decide if I want to go from L16 to L18. Doesn't seems like it's a real big jump. Not unless someone has found something new it has fixed since 16 is Damn near perfect for me.

And one question is there a way to over lap updates, not rooted Don't I want to lose my warranty, or when the official ota comes out for JB will I be S. O. L.?

DocHoliday77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,026

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackninja504 View Post
Trying to decide if I want to go from L16 to L18. Doesn't seems like it's a real big jump. Not unless someone has found something new it has fixed since 16 is Damn near perfect for me.

And one question is there a way to over lap updates, not rooted Don't I want to lose my warranty, or when the official ota comes out for JB will I be S. O. L.?

Well if it ain't broke....! The latest LI8 has some bug fixes and added stability. But if your not having probs then you may want to stay put. Im sure another leak will be out soon anyway!
What do you mean overlap updates? Are you asking if you can flash LI8 on LI6? No you cant. You can only apply LI8 to LI5.

Rickkins
Old
(Last edited by Rickkins; 18th September 2012 at 04:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, so I have downloaded both files from original thread. Do I need to install stock from recovery mode too...??? I have finally managed to get the darn device to boot into recovery.

Although I never flashed a different rom onto my s3, all I have done is rooted it, my version number seems to be different. (vlle6)

Edit: er, ok so in recovery mode, I can't see either zip, stock or jb, although I can see them in normal mode.