[GUIDE][ROOT]bl7(dfp 231...dfp 188..dfp 2311)

Search This thread

Tapajyoti

Sep 3, 2012
KOLKATA
ROOT DEFY PLUS MB526 (MOTOROLA DEFY +) PHONES WITH BOOTLOADER VERSION 7

HI everyone!!this is my FIRST ever post and i am writing this to help all new users and beginners TO successfully FLASH ROOT sbfs in their DEFY + phone.

:):)

I would like to thank JANEINDIRAN (http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4338697) for helping me to root my phone.
And ofcourse the greatest of all guides - " [GUIDE] All-in-One Defy Beginner's guide" for all complete operations of your phone written be Zephyrot.
Sumana for gifting me the defy+!:p:p
Chameleon for the root and sbf files;) ;)

The ROOTING of a defy plus phone is quite tough for A BOOT LOADER VERSION 7 phone.

THE phones with firmware versions DFP 188,DFP 231 AND DFP 2311 are all BOOT LOADER VERSION 7 phones.

The ONE AND ONLY method for rooting the DEFY+ is flashing with appropriate files and i am going to guide you in that.

I am making this thread to specifically help noobs..new users..beginners..as i know you face a lot of problem..doubts..confusions..(I have faced them myself) But finally I somehow got the hang of it!!

Dont worry about bricking or any kind of problem in your phone.If you follow all these steps correctly! I may safely say your chance of bricking your phone is almost nil.(IN THEORY a DEFY + is unbrickable due to the locked bootloader provided my MOTOROLA. :):)
Incase of bricking problems please visit: http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618718

BUT first I am going to categorically explain several things before you proceed to ROOT your phone so that this procedure is fun and not worrying yourself !! :eek: :p

Please hit THANKS if you like my post and is a bit tad clear about the processes its not that complicated though!! :) :angel:

SO YOU GOT A NEW PHONE AND CANT WAIT TO ROOT IT!!
HERE HOW YOU DO IT STEP BY STEP AND OFCOURSE WITH COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING
:) :D

STEP 1:

The first doubt that always comes...

How will you know if your phone is boot loader version 7?? :eek:

Its really easy you see!! Go to settings in your phone and right at the bottom of the list you will find about phone .Open it and READ the firmware version carefully!!!!

In that BIG number you just have to check a very small part actually!!!THE DFP number!!

IF your Phone has DFP number 231...188 or 2311...voila!!YOU have the latest BOOT loader VERSION 7!!!

and you can continue reading!!

THE flashing procedure has to be done by a computer or laptop!!So its tym to prepare IT

Just two small things to do!!

DOWNLOAD MOTOROLA DRIVERS
WINDOWS 32 BIT ------> http://developer.motorola.com/tools/usb_drivers/handset_usb_driver/

WINDOWS 64 BIT-------->http://developer.motorola.com/tools/usb_drivers/handset_usb_driver_64/
AND INSTALL

DOWNLOAD RSD LITE AND INSTALL :--------> http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=784077&d=1321414457

this is the software that will FLASH your phone!!!YOu can use to not only for root flash but also for OFFICIAL ROM flash inc ase of any bricking problems!!;)

ok THIS step is done too!!!;)

STEP 3 : CHARGE YOUR PHONE TO 100% AND PLEASE PLEASE DONT IGNORE THIS LINE!!!PLEASE!!!
ITS REALLY NECESSARY!!!REALLY!!!

STEP 4: DOWNLOAD THIS FILE!!!
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_jordanplus/DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_CN_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P015_A030_Service1FF.sbf.gz

Now the questions start arising from here onwards!!

The file that is provided here is an original SBF file that is being needed to flash first!!!
THis ORIGINAL sbf is a DFP 231 version.

but what IF MY PHONE IS DFP 188 or DFP 2311 !!!???????:fingers-crossed:

DFP 188 and DFP 2311 users!! YOU HAVE TO FLASH this file because the rooted SBF that we have were developed by CHINA people and YOU have to have DFP 231 to flash those rooted SBF..so PLEASE FLASH this original SBF To change your DFP to 231!! simple!!!

AFTER downloading!! extract the .gz file and inside you will find a .SBF file!!!
keep this file in a folder!!! NAme it ROOT SBF for easy reference/:)

STEP 5: DOWNLOAD THESE TWO FILES!!!!

-------->FIRMWARE.ZIP "http://www.4shared.com/zip/j_rzxbqW/firmware.html

-------->FIRMWARE.Z01 "http://www.mediafire.com/?ceekf679b81h6wt"

EXTRACT THE .ZIP FILE ONLY!!! inside you will find another SBF file named FIRMWARE.sbf.
PUT this file in another folder!!! name it firmwaresbf for reference !!

juST COPY and PASTE the firmware.z01 file in THIS SAME FOLDER(firmwaresbf)...and also keep a copy of this same.zo1 file right in the folder that contains the firwaresbf folder!!

hence two copies..one is inside the firmwaresbf folder and one outside it!!!

FINISHED..YOU ARE NOW READY TO FLASH!!;)

FULL CHARGE YOUR PHONE!!!

.SHUT OFF THE PHONE DOWN!!

STEP 6--ENTER STOCK RECOVERY...

(press the VOLUME - key and then press the power button.HOLd down the volume key untill you see a yellow triangle!!

release the volume key!!press the VOLUME+ and VOLUME- key simultaneously!!

you are in stock recovery!!

7990823648_84c1d90c8d_m.jpg

navigate to wipe data option using the the volume buttons !!
and select using the power button!

your data will be wiped!!

now navigate to wipe cache and select again!
your cache will be wiped!

reboot the phone by navigating to that option!!

WHEN THE PHONE STARTS..POWER OFF IT AGAIN!! :p:laugh:

STEP 7 :

PRESS THE VOLUME UP BUTTON AND THEN PRESS THE POWER BUTTON ON YOUR PHONE

YOU will enter into the boot loader mode:confused:

the bootloader is the application that starts you phone.its a black screen with some texts on it!!
screenshot here :

37164d1306666863-motorola-defy-flashen-bootloader-screen.png

Open rsd lite on your computer.

screenshot :
7990926931_49e50d377c_m.jpg

connect the phone with your computer with the USB cable!!
IF you have already installed motorola drivers..your phone will get recognized in the bootloader mode and you will see RSD lite showing that your phone is connected in USB mode.;)

CLick the ... button in RSD lite..navigate to the OFFICIAL SBF FILE THAT WE HAD EXTRACTED IN THE ROOTSBF FOLDER...Select that SBF file...

CLICK START

VERY IMPORTANT

DONT DISCONNECT USB, TOUCH YOUR PHONE...TOUCH UR COMPUTER...JUST SIT LIKE A LOG WITH ALL THE PATIENCE IN THE WORLD UNTIL EACH AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN DONE AND THE PHONE HAS REBOOTED COMPLETELY!!I MEASN YOUR PHONE IS ON AGAIN!!SHOWING LOCK SCREEN OR MOTOBLUR SCREEN WHATSOEVER,,DONT EVER TRY TO INTERRUPT IN BETWEEN.MAKE SURE UR COMPUTER DOES NOT SLEEP OR SHUTDOWN BETWEEN THE PROCESSES!!!
PLEASE DONT LET ANYTHING INTERRUPT YOUR FLASH PROCEDURE!!!
:good::good::good::good:

AFTER A SUCCESFUL FLASH!!! YOU HAVE NOW INSTALLED A NEW FIRMWARE ON YOUR PHONE ALL FROM SCRATCH!!!
FEELING ELATED???GOT TO BE!!!:D:D:D:D

STEP 8 : disconnect the phone and power OFF THE PHONE AGAIN and repeat STEP 6...THe part abouT WIPING DATA IN STOCK RECOVERY!!!!

STEP 9: REPEAT STEP 7

NAMELY go to bootloader mode..CONNECT THE PHONE TO RSD LITE!!!

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE!!FLASH IT WITH THE FIRMWARE.SBF FILE IN THE firmwaresbf folder you created earlier!!!(BE SURE THE FIRMWARE.Z01) file in inside the folder tooooo!!!:):):)

WAIT FOR THE PHONE TO REBOOT!!!!BE PATIENT

AFTER REBOOTING DISCONNECT PHONE FROM COMPUTER!! AND CHECK FOR SUPER USER ICON!!:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D PLEASE PRESS THANKS METER IF IT HELPED!!!JUST WASTE A CLICK!!!:eek::eek::eek:

TROUBLESHOOT:

IF you phone is stuck in the boot animation page(THE RED MOTOROLA SYMBOL)...boot loop FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES!!!if its just not starting!!!
DONT WORRY!!
OPEN THE BATTERY!!
SHUT DOWN THE PHONE!!
START THE PHONE AGAIN IN STOCK RECOVERY MODE!!

WIPE DATA...WIPE CACHE!!!
YOUR PHONE WILL START.;)

if your phone is NOT STARTING AT ALL!!SHOWING BLACK SCREEN!! THERE IS A POSSIBILITY U HAVE BRICKED YOU PHONE!!
DONT WORRY!!;) :) :) :D:D
just LOAD IN TO BOOT LOADER MODE AGAIN AND FLASH WITH THE FIRST FILE!!the OFFICIAL SBF!!
USING RSD LITE!!your phone will be on again!!!but u have to try rooting again!!;P ;P

FOR all other problems refer the bricking guide I mentioned earlier..FOR coverage on more items refer THE ALL IN ONE GUIDE BY ZEPHYROT!
AND POST NY JANEINDIRAN FOR ALL CUSTOM ROM FLASHING AND BRICKING helps!!
HAPPY USING THE DEFY +!!!;) ;) BEST OF LUCK!!:cowboy::

TJ!!!
PRINCE OF THE DEFY +!!!!
NOKIA 2600-->SONY W810I--->SONY W595I---->NOKIA 5233---->NOKIA E71----->SAMSUNG GALAXY POP PLUS--->MOTOROLA DEFY +

7990842366_24aa49e2d7_m.jpg

Last edited:

Tapajyoti

Sep 3, 2012
KOLKATA
Yes, but this thread seems to be designed as a 10 foot UI :p

@OP: Wrong section. Also maybe mention in the Troubleshooting section that it is a bootloop only if it is "stuck at moto logo for more than 15 minutes", not just "stuck at moto logo"

I KNOW its really big but i designed it specifically for new users who really need a lot of help!!! thats why!!:cowboy::cowboy:

Tapajyoti

Sep 3, 2012
KOLKATA
Isn't this already covered here?

I had read that post and i know its the mother post of rooting and i am very grateful to it!! BUT the steps are not as vivid..I had to search quite a lot to find the exact and sureshot method of doing it!!so i thought of writing this and helping the other noobs like me and follow a safe procedure for rooting the phone easily!!!!!;) :D:D

I made it big to expand and stress on each little detail!!;) :)..tried to be as vivid as possible!!

motoxda

Jul 23, 2012
Thanks for explaining in detail , I had to search around a lot before I could gather the steps from various posters , This should be stickied to help out members with BL7.

Reactions: richmister

hessamx

Feb 24, 2010
OnePlus 9 Pro
is that work for bl7 defy+ ??
for defy wich has got green camera old bl7 has got problems like batery and camera in this build camera for green users, work?

Last edited:
Reactions: saurabh2012

rockmonkey1973

May 19, 2010
No this is only for defy plus.. Please don't try it in defy.. Might brick d fon. :)

this is not right.

i have a defy red lense mb525 and foolishly flashed one of the bl7 sbfs. i rooted my phone with this method using the other thread as a guide (which i found to be quite straight forward and one of the better guides on xda) and then once rooted i did the normal cwm and stuck on cm7 euro. this root method therefore works for any phone running the bl7 (even though technoically only defy plus should have that bootloader).

cromfr

Mar 3, 2012
Unfortunately this method doesn't work for my defy+ bl7 (bootloader error at the first flash, i could only put back the retail french sbf)

Reactions: hessamx

latadswapnil

May 31, 2010
is there any software available that will root phone without flashing the rooted sbfs........as we were doing to previous versions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOT DEFY PLUS MB526 (MOTOROLA DEFY +) PHONES WITH BOOTLOADER VERSION 7

HI everyone!!this is my FIRST ever post and i am writing this to help all new users and beginners TO successfully FLASH ROOT sbfs in their DEFY + phone.

:):)

I would like to thank JANEINDIRAN (http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4338697) for helping me to root my phone.
    And ofcourse the greatest of all guides - " [GUIDE] All-in-One Defy Beginner's guide" for all complete operations of your phone written be Zephyrot.
    Sumana for gifting me the defy+!:p:p
    Chameleon for the root and sbf files;) ;)

The ROOTING of a defy plus phone is quite tough for A BOOT LOADER VERSION 7 phone.

THE phones with firmware versions DFP 188,DFP 231 AND DFP 2311 are all BOOT LOADER VERSION 7 phones.

The ONE AND ONLY method for rooting the DEFY+ is flashing with appropriate files and i am going to guide you in that.

I am making this thread to specifically help noobs..new users..beginners..as i know you face a lot of problem..doubts..confusions..(I have faced them myself) But finally I somehow got the hang of it!!

Dont worry about bricking or any kind of problem in your phone.If you follow all these steps correctly! I may safely say your chance of bricking your phone is almost nil.(IN THEORY a DEFY + is unbrickable due to the locked bootloader provided my MOTOROLA. :):)
    Incase of bricking problems please visit: http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1618718

BUT first I am going to categorically explain several things before you proceed to ROOT your phone so that this procedure is fun and not worrying yourself !! :eek: :p

Please hit THANKS if you like my post and is a bit tad clear about the processes its not that complicated though!! :) :angel:

SO YOU GOT A NEW PHONE AND CANT WAIT TO ROOT IT!!
    HERE HOW YOU DO IT STEP BY STEP AND OFCOURSE WITH COMPLETE UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING
    :) :D

STEP 1:

The first doubt that always comes...

How will you know if your phone is boot loader version 7?? :eek:

Its really easy you see!! Go to settings in your phone and right at the bottom of the list you will find about phone .Open it and READ the firmware version carefully!!!!

In that BIG number you just have to check a very small part actually!!!THE DFP number!!

IF your Phone has DFP number 231...188 or 2311...voila!!YOU have the latest BOOT loader VERSION 7!!!

and you can continue reading!!

THE flashing procedure has to be done by a computer or laptop!!So its tym to prepare IT

Just two small things to do!!

DOWNLOAD MOTOROLA DRIVERS
    WINDOWS 32 BIT ------> http://developer.motorola.com/tools/usb_drivers/handset_usb_driver/

WINDOWS 64 BIT-------->http://developer.motorola.com/tools/usb_drivers/handset_usb_driver_64/
    AND INSTALL

DOWNLOAD RSD LITE AND INSTALL :--------> http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=784077&d=1321414457

this is the software that will FLASH your phone!!!YOu can use to not only for root flash but also for OFFICIAL ROM flash inc ase of any bricking problems!!;)

ok THIS step is done too!!!;)

STEP 3 : CHARGE YOUR PHONE TO 100% AND PLEASE PLEASE DONT IGNORE THIS LINE!!!PLEASE!!!
    ITS REALLY NECESSARY!!!REALLY!!!

STEP 4: DOWNLOAD THIS FILE!!!
    http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_jordanplus/DEFYPLUS_U3_4.5.1-134_DFP-231_CN_SIGN_UCADEFYEMARAB1B50AA009.0R_PDS03C_USAJRDNGIBRIRD15_P015_A030_Service1FF.sbf.gz

Now the questions start arising from here onwards!!

The file that is provided here is an original SBF file that is being needed to flash first!!!
    THis ORIGINAL sbf is a DFP 231 version.

but what IF MY PHONE IS DFP 188 or DFP 2311 !!!???????:fingers-crossed:

DFP 188 and DFP 2311 users!! YOU HAVE TO FLASH this file because the rooted SBF that we have were developed by CHINA people and YOU have to have DFP 231 to flash those rooted SBF..so PLEASE FLASH this original SBF To change your DFP to 231!! simple!!!

AFTER downloading!! extract the .gz file and inside you will find a .SBF file!!!
    keep this file in a folder!!! NAme it ROOT SBF for easy reference/:)

STEP 5: DOWNLOAD THESE TWO FILES!!!!

-------->FIRMWARE.ZIP "http://www.4shared.com/zip/j_rzxbqW/firmware.html

-------->FIRMWARE.Z01 "http://www.mediafire.com/?ceekf679b81h6wt"

EXTRACT THE .ZIP FILE ONLY!!! inside you will find another SBF file named FIRMWARE.sbf.
    PUT this file in another folder!!! name it firmwaresbf for reference !!

juST COPY and PASTE the firmware.z01 file in THIS SAME FOLDER(firmwaresbf)...and also keep a copy of this same.zo1 file right in the folder that contains the firwaresbf folder!!

hence two copies..one is inside the firmwaresbf folder and one outside it!!!

FINISHED..YOU ARE NOW READY TO FLASH!!;)

FULL CHARGE YOUR PHONE!!!

.SHUT OFF THE PHONE DOWN!!

STEP 6--ENTER STOCK RECOVERY...

(press the VOLUME - key and then press the power button.HOLd down the volume key untill you see a yellow triangle!!

release the volume key!!press the VOLUME+ and VOLUME- key simultaneously!!

you are in stock recovery!!

7990823648_84c1d90c8d_m.jpg

navigate to wipe data option using the the volume buttons !!
    and select using the power button!

your data will be wiped!!

now navigate to wipe cache and select again!
    your cache will be wiped!

reboot the phone by navigating to that option!!

WHEN THE PHONE STARTS..POWER OFF IT AGAIN!! :p:laugh:

STEP 7 :

PRESS THE VOLUME UP BUTTON AND THEN PRESS THE POWER BUTTON ON YOUR PHONE

YOU will enter into the boot loader mode:confused:

the bootloader is the application that starts you phone.its a black screen with some texts on it!!
    screenshot here :

37164d1306666863-motorola-defy-flashen-bootloader-screen.png

Open rsd lite on your computer.

screenshot :
    7990926931_49e50d377c_m.jpg

connect the phone with your computer with the USB cable!!
    IF you have already installed motorola drivers..your phone will get recognized in the bootloader mode and you will see RSD lite showing that your phone is connected in USB mode.;)

CLick the ... button in RSD lite..navigate to the OFFICIAL SBF FILE THAT WE HAD EXTRACTED IN THE ROOTSBF FOLDER...Select that SBF file...

CLICK START

VERY IMPORTANT

DONT DISCONNECT USB, TOUCH YOUR PHONE...TOUCH UR COMPUTER...JUST SIT LIKE A LOG WITH ALL THE PATIENCE IN THE WORLD UNTIL EACH AND EVERYTHING HAS BEEN DONE AND THE PHONE HAS REBOOTED COMPLETELY!!I MEASN YOUR PHONE IS ON AGAIN!!SHOWING LOCK SCREEN OR MOTOBLUR SCREEN WHATSOEVER,,DONT EVER TRY TO INTERRUPT IN BETWEEN.MAKE SURE UR COMPUTER DOES NOT SLEEP OR SHUTDOWN BETWEEN THE PROCESSES!!!
    PLEASE DONT LET ANYTHING INTERRUPT YOUR FLASH PROCEDURE!!!
    :good::good::good::good:

AFTER A SUCCESFUL FLASH!!! YOU HAVE NOW INSTALLED A NEW FIRMWARE ON YOUR PHONE ALL FROM SCRATCH!!!
    FEELING ELATED???GOT TO BE!!!:D:D:D:D

STEP 8 : disconnect the phone and power OFF THE PHONE AGAIN and repeat STEP 6...THe part abouT WIPING DATA IN STOCK RECOVERY!!!!

STEP 9: REPEAT STEP 7

NAMELY go to bootloader mode..CONNECT THE PHONE TO RSD LITE!!!

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE!!FLASH IT WITH THE FIRMWARE.SBF FILE IN THE firmwaresbf folder you created earlier!!!(BE SURE THE FIRMWARE.Z01) file in inside the folder tooooo!!!:):):)

WAIT FOR THE PHONE TO REBOOT!!!!BE PATIENT

AFTER REBOOTING DISCONNECT PHONE FROM COMPUTER!! AND CHECK FOR SUPER USER ICON!!:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D PLEASE PRESS THANKS METER IF IT HELPED!!!JUST WASTE A CLICK!!!:eek::eek::eek:

TROUBLESHOOT:

IF you phone is stuck in the boot animation page(THE RED MOTOROLA SYMBOL)...boot loop FOR MORE THAN 15 MINUTES!!!if its just not starting!!!
    DONT WORRY!!
    OPEN THE BATTERY!!
    SHUT DOWN THE PHONE!!
    START THE PHONE AGAIN IN STOCK RECOVERY MODE!!

WIPE DATA...WIPE CACHE!!!
    YOUR PHONE WILL START.;)

if your phone is NOT STARTING AT ALL!!SHOWING BLACK SCREEN!! THERE IS A POSSIBILITY U HAVE BRICKED YOU PHONE!!
    DONT WORRY!!;) :) :) :D:D
    just LOAD IN TO BOOT LOADER MODE AGAIN AND FLASH WITH THE FIRST FILE!!the OFFICIAL SBF!!
    USING RSD LITE!!your phone will be on again!!!but u have to try rooting again!!;P ;P

FOR all other problems refer the bricking guide I mentioned earlier..FOR coverage on more items refer THE ALL IN ONE GUIDE BY ZEPHYROT!
    AND POST NY JANEINDIRAN FOR ALL CUSTOM ROM FLASHING AND BRICKING helps!!
    HAPPY USING THE DEFY +!!!;) ;) BEST OF LUCK!!:cowboy::

TJ!!!
    PRINCE OF THE DEFY +!!!!
    NOKIA 2600-->SONY W810I--->SONY W595I---->NOKIA 5233---->NOKIA E71----->SAMSUNG GALAXY POP PLUS--->MOTOROLA DEFY +

7990842366_24aa49e2d7_m.jpg
    Yes, but this thread seems to be designed as a 10 foot UI :p

@OP: Wrong section. Also maybe mention in the Troubleshooting section that it is a bootloop only if it is "stuck at moto logo for more than 15 minutes", not just "stuck at moto logo"

I KNOW its really big but i designed it specifically for new users who really need a lot of help!!! thats why!!:cowboy::cowboy:
    Isn't this already covered here?
    hi i am from india but i cant able to find whichsbf to download..??:eek: from this http://sbf.droid-developers.org/umts_jordanplus/list.php
    i am new to this device

It is the retail Taiwanese.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk