5,597,261 Members 40,156 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [AOSP] Nocturnal'd Dirty 4.2 Elements|Fast|Stable|Unique

Tip us?
 
dalvarez0312
Old
#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 254
Join Date: Jul 2012
fails to flash for me.....is it because of the boot img thing? how do i know if i cant flash kernels and how do i install the boot.img?
 
hv6478
Old
(Last edited by hv6478; 16th September 2012 at 03:36 PM.)
#22  
hv6478's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 498
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalvarez0312 View Post
fails to flash for me.....is it because of the boot img thing? how do i know if i cant flash kernels and how do i install the boot.img?
Failed here too and I'm coming from CM10. Gonna try a re-download.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

EDIT:

Re-downloading the file and trying to reflash worked immediately for me. I think it's the same story as any other situation, if you're coming from 2.xx base you must flash boot.img.

Xs, drop me a quick PM with a bit more detail and I'll put together a nice tutorial/install guide again if you'd like. Short/sweet version for here :P
If I helped, directly or indirectly, a THANKS is always appreciated!

CURRENT DEVICE:
LG G2 D803 (was Rogers, unlocked it, now on Virgin)

MY STUFF:
[GUIDE]: ROOT / BL-Unlock / Install Custom Recovery - LG Optimus G E970/1/3:
E970 AT&T Forum / E971/3 Canadian Forum

PAST DEVICES:
LG Optimus G | HTC One XL | HTC Sensation
HTC TyTN | HTC Touch | Some BlackBerries mixed in
 
dalvarez0312
Old
(Last edited by dalvarez0312; 16th September 2012 at 06:24 PM.)
#23  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 36
Posts: 254
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hv6478 View Post
Failed here too and I'm coming from CM10. Gonna try a re-download.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

EDIT:

Re-downloading the file and trying to reflash worked immediately for me. I think it's the same story as any other situation, if you're coming from 2.xx base you must flash boot.img.

Xs, drop me a quick PM with a bit more detail and I'll put together a nice tutorial/install guide again if you'd like. Short/sweet version for here :P
I just redownloaded it and its still failing. I'm coming from cm10

And that tutorial sounds like a great idea

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
 
Ebaum1
Old
#24  
Ebaum1's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 49
Posts: 208
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Columbus, Oh
Default Would love to try it out but...

com.android.phone keeps FC'ing and phone keeps cycling through soft reboots....Tried to wipe and flash clean again and still no dice.

HTC HeroC > Samsung E4GT>HTC ONE X


*******************
Help me to help you get a DropBox
 
pside15
Old
#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 373
Posts: 1,768
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Flowery Branch, Ga
Did a full wipe coming from Viper ROM and all is well. I did have one random reboot but that's it. Running very fast and smooth.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (T-Mobile)
 
hv6478
Old
#26  
hv6478's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 191
Posts: 498
Join Date: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebaum1 View Post
com.android.phone keeps FC'ing and phone keeps cycling through soft reboots....Tried to wipe and flash clean again and still no dice.
Which ROM are you coming from?

Also, @Xs, xperia keyboard seems to be broken. Reboots don't help, I will try a reflash although I think I did once.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
If I helped, directly or indirectly, a THANKS is always appreciated!

CURRENT DEVICE:
LG G2 D803 (was Rogers, unlocked it, now on Virgin)

MY STUFF:
[GUIDE]: ROOT / BL-Unlock / Install Custom Recovery - LG Optimus G E970/1/3:
E970 AT&T Forum / E971/3 Canadian Forum

PAST DEVICES:
LG Optimus G | HTC One XL | HTC Sensation
HTC TyTN | HTC Touch | Some BlackBerries mixed in
 
Shaddy-Z.
Old
#27  
Shaddy-Z.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 88
Posts: 597
Join Date: Dec 2010
You guys should try the .5 version if you're having problems. I've been on it since release and its super stable. Plus I threw on the lotion tweak from Chongo and its super smooth.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2
 
XsMagical
Old
#28  
XsMagical's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6306
Posts: 5,564
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ft. Myers

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdadof3 View Post
Great looking ROM can't wait to try!

Just curious....I saw you mentioned a possible Sense 4.5 port in another thread....is that still in the works?
its on hold for now, i got something better planed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InflatedTitan View Post
Boom!! First run on antutu with this rom, using on demand! Not too shabby

Sent from my One X using xda premium
not bad at all for stock clock, just wait till i get us the OC kernel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv6478 View Post
Failed here too and I'm coming from CM10. Gonna try a re-download.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

EDIT:

Re-downloading the file and trying to reflash worked immediately for me. I think it's the same story as any other situation, if you're coming from 2.xx base you must flash boot.img.

Xs, drop me a quick PM with a bit more detail and I'll put together a nice tutorial/install guide again if you'd like. Short/sweet version for here :P
guide would be great lol. Thanks in advanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebaum1 View Post
com.android.phone keeps FC'ing and phone keeps cycling through soft reboots....Tried to wipe and flash clean again and still no dice.
did you upgrade from a rom or do a full wipe? and one way to fix that is to flash nocturnal tools and wipe apn settings.

http://forums.team-nocturnal.com/showthread.php/993

Quote:
Originally Posted by hv6478 View Post
Which ROM are you coming from?

Also, @Xs, xperia keyboard seems to be broken. Reboots don't help, I will try a reflash although I think I did once.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app
its been working fine for me, ill check it out again. maybe i forgot something.
The Following User Says Thank You to XsMagical For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aznrice2k4
Old
#29  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3327
Posts: 2,624
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chi-Town

 
DONATE TO ME
Rocking that rezound beats hard!!!

Sent from my Turbocharged HOXL bouncing in Rezound beats!
 
InflatedTitan
Old
#30  
InflatedTitan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1128
Posts: 2,736
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznrice2k4 View Post
Rocking that rezound beats hard!!!

Sent from my Turbocharged HOXL bouncing in Rezound beats!
Hook me up bro

Sent from my One X using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes